Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game like WoW

feiritedfeirited Member Posts: 57

Hi i got huge problem. My computers graphic card is broken now so my laptop uses integrated graphic card. So i love WoW but now it runs only on low setting with 40fps when im questing. So if i do any pvp or maybe dungeons fps goes quite low... 

So im asking if theres any wow like game that doesnt need even that much power. Im going to buy new laptop later this year cos i got 3 kids and cant just put 1000euros to somewhere when i want =) It doesnt matter is that game f2p or p2p but i dont want p2w game. Im in EU so european servers would be nice so there wouldnt be so much lag.

I like more pvp than pve but questing and wandering in world is nice too =) 

Comments

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

What kind of integrated chip do you have? I play WoW on a Mac mini with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 at 2560x1440 and I get 40fps easily.

There's probably one or two "high impact" settings you can turn off to greatly improve performance. Shadows and antialiasing are usually the biggest culprits.

• feiritedfeirited Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by topographic

What kind of integrated chip do you have? I play WoW on a Mac mini with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 at 2560x1440 and I get 40fps easily.

There's probably one or two "high impact" settings you can turn off to greatly improve performance. Shadows and antialiasing are usually the biggest culprits.

Yeah i know im not quite sure what it is i only know what fps i get on low settings... And i have put all the settings so down as you can =)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

It's an older spin on WoW, but you could try Runes of Magic.  The requirements are pretty close to the same, but it may run better on your laptop. 

I doubt your going to find anything decent other than a browser game though. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

It's an older spin on WoW, but you could try Runes of Magic.  The requirements are pretty close to the same, but it may run better on your laptop. 

I doubt your going to find anything decent other than a browser game though. /shrug

Thanks but in RoM you really need to put cash in if you want to be able kill someone in pvp. Its heavily p2w game... 

What about Everquest, Lineage 2 or Dark Age of Camelot? Are those any good?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    EQ and L2 are both free now....DAoC is still p2p I believe though there are free shards out there.......All 3 really are pretty good options though DAoC never ran all that well on my PCs.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by feirited

Thanks but in RoM you really need to put cash in if you want to be able kill someone in pvp. Its heavily p2w game... 

What about Everquest, Lineage 2 or Dark Age of Camelot? Are those any good?

Well they are all good to their own crowds. I personally love Lineage 2 and have since it came out, but I couldn't call it anything close to wow, it is point and click, and is grind heavy, with not many quests after level 50 and all of the pvp and raids happening 80+. Everquest might be close to what you are looking for but if you haven't played an oldschool mmorpg then it might be really difficult for you to get accustomed to. I can't say much about DAOC because I've only played it two or three times and couldn't get into it my self but a lot of people love that game. I would have to assume that all three of these would run perfectly fine on your computer though because all three came out before or around the time that wow did, Lineage may lag occasionally because of the poor coding and the fact that it's on the unreal 2 engine.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

It might be a bit presumptious, but if your graphics card is broken in desktop, would it not be better to spend say £20 and get a VERY low end graphics card that could happily run WoW something like a 5600gt wouldn't cost much at all

and would see you through quite easily in wow, and be better than current situation

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

On lower end systems the in the advanced graphics menu the default for maximum foreground FPS is 15.  I'd suggest unclicking that or moving the slider to about 25% which is 50 fps cap.  I was messing around with the settings on my new computer and noticed that the fps cap was set at 15..I have no clue why Blizzard sets this as the default.  I unchecked the box and I get over 200fps now hehe

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

A game like WoW?

Pick any AAA MMO of the last 8 years.

I did download Lineage 2 just a moment ago but it didnt work... I have windows 8...

Everquest might be nice but is there anyway to do something about UI its a mess.. I mean is there some addons or something.. 

Originally posted by w407309

It might be a bit presumptious, but if your graphics card is broken in desktop, would it not be better to spend say £20 and get a VERY low end graphics card that could happily run WoW something like a 5600gt wouldn't cost much at all

and would see you through quite easily in wow, and be better than current situation

It's his laptop. Some laptops like the Alienware MX-11 have two graphics cards. One is for gameplaying and the other is used for browsing and internet to save on battery.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Hey OP, is Ultima Online too old school for you? I remember playing that with like a Pentium III or something way back when, and the video card wouldn't have to be too amazing.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by w407309

It's his laptop. Some laptops like the Alienware MX-11 have two graphics cards. One is for gameplaying and the other is used for browsing and internet to save on battery.

Aye that was what i wasn't sure about, but also why i added the "desktop" but again if its graphics card in laptop it should be no different in fact a lot of manufacturers offer lifetime guarantee on their hardware (or certainly 10yrs) especially if it was pre-fitted to laptop/pc :)

But even then i would still say same, easier to buy a cheap 2nd hand card from ebay and fit it lol

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Hey OP, is Ultima Online too old school for you? I remember playing that with like a Pentium III or something way back when, and the video card wouldn't have to be too amazing.

I did try that but UO might be even too ruthless for me :/ This may be mission impossible but anyways still looking =)