Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fan made gameplay trailers - NEW - Welcome to Cairn! ***VIDEO***

RiganpereRiganpere Member UncommonPosts: 10

Showcasing some of TFK's activities on the island Cairn, one of the 4 sub-continents in-game. Share to your friends and spread the word!

Watch in HD and hopefully Enjoy!

Other promo vids I made;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlwvI1s1SyI   - A Glimpse of Conquest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2CZqJ6ry18 - A DF/Clan Promo vid

Comments

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Thats a really nice video, shame its DF though, man that game looks incredibly dated.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• RiganpereRiganpere Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Thats a really nice video, shame its DF though, man that game looks incredibly dated.

Watch the 3rd video down? Cairn is a pretty barren looking island to begin with.  Graphics were upgraded quite alot in the remake but yeh it's not focused on eye candy that's for sure, it delivers the largest open world "FPS" manual aiming PVP game on the market.

Gameplay > Graphics!   

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Nice video, shame i don't play dfuw in its current state.
  • RiganpereRiganpere Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower
    Nice video, shame i don't play dfuw in its current state.

Give it a few more patches with things you want in and I'm sure Darkfall will sucker you back in! it never lets you truly leave!! :)

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Here is a video some one crated to show the graphics.  Graphics looks great to me.  Maybe the issue is with style?

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

The problem with DF and graphic complaints has a lot to do with certain areas, and certain artwork in game.

Some areas of DF are gorgeous, some areas are incredibly dull and ugly.  Ork lands, Cairn, some of the alfar lands...hideous, depressing...unpleasant.  Perhaps more by design though, I mean we are talking about swamp land with dead trees, waste lands, and some sort of grey rocky mushroom terrain.

Others are absolutely gorgeous, Yassm and its jungle (along with desert jungle islands nearby), Human lands, Elf lands, with their deep green forests that extend for miles.  Also a lot of incredibly beautiful rivers cutting through the forest.

Dwarf lands with its pine forests and high mountains.  Ruby with its tropical desert scenery.

There are some 2D art pieces that are ugly as well.  I can off the top of my head think about some thorny branches on some of the thorntrees in ork lands.  2d and when looked at up close ugly and dated.

The game is by no means a new Korean cryengine 3 game with tons of visual effects and blurred textures to mask imperfections.  The game IS dated graphically, not much though.

Bottom line is if you prefer graphics over gameplay you are simply going to hate this game.  Even if there are a lot of surprisingly good scenery settings in the game.

* TFK really making some impressive videos lately, keep it up/

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

Loving this game more and more. Never run out of things to do.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    These guys are making great videos!

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.