Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If there are multiple campaigns in cyrodil, are there multiple emperors...?

BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554
Let's say my faction dominates Cyrodil in one campaign. Shouldn't we have the emperor? How does that mesh with all the other campaigns?

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    a player in your faction becomes emperor til another faction takes over
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Each campaign is entirely seperate to the others, so having multiple emperors is a certainty, there is no correlation between the PVE 'instances' and the PVP campaigns after all. So people you are in a PVE instance with will probably have different emperors etc. image
  • BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554
    Originally posted by Phry
    Each campaign is entirely seperate to the others, so having multiple emperors is a certainty, there is no correlation between the PVE 'instances' and the PVP campaigns after all. So people you are in a PVE instance with will probably have different emperors etc. image

That sounds like a mess....

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Bidwood

It will be chaotic having a new emperor everyday..  I wouldn't want to live in that kingdom.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Yeah. Just like people from different servers running dungeons together...messy.

It just amazes me how hard it seems to be for some to wrap their head around this PVE megaserver thing.

Hint: the campaigns are servers. All PVE, not just PUG dungeons, is "cross-server."

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Try viewing campaigns as different servers. you will always be playing with the same people in your campaign the way you do on a server.

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Iselin

Yeah. Just like people from different servers running dungeons together...messy.

It just amazes me how hard it seems to be for some to wrap their head around this PVE megaserver thing.

Hint: the campaigns are servers. All PVE, not just PUG dungeons, is "cross-server."

Ya had to find this out the hard way...most of the forum activity and information obviously isn't here...hint hint

Wondered how there was going to be like one emperor per platform and it seems thats not the case...

Megaserver for PvE ensures everyone has a good chance of grouping for instances

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Kuanshu
    Originally posted by Iselin

Ya had to find this out the hard way...most of the forum activity and information obviously isn't here...hint hint

Wondered how there was going to be like one emperor per platform and it seems thats not the case...

Megaserver for PvE ensures everyone has a good chance of grouping for instances

Yeah. I can see the advantage but I'm not a fan of it. When you PvP and PvE with the same people all the time in your server, you get to know them better and you tend to function better with people you know. I can see people PvEing together anyway... making PVE "play dates" while PvPing... as it were.

My mind has limits about how many people I want to know in an MMO...2-300 from my guild and/or alliance of guilds is about my upper limit. I can see myself hanging out with the same people most of the time.

But then, I'll probably never be in the running for emperor... I actually find that sort of cheesy. In DAoC we had "The Camelot Herald" website that kept lifetime, monthly, weekly, daily PvP stats for all players broken down by server and even class, as well as guild stats. And it was visible by the whole community... that's enough bragging rights for me. I've never needed nor wanted a throne image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

They need to make some serious changes to factions in this game.

It doesn't make sense that you can just insta reroll factions to go see their PVE content and mainland, and add them to your guild, but when you go to cyrodil you hate them? 

Differentiate factions.  No cross faction guilds.  No cross faction PVE.  Give me a reason to have faction pride and not just be another player or this game is not going to last long.   

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL