Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you want EQN to come to the PS4? Poll

2»

Comments

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

XB1 exclusivity is what I'm hoping for.

Yes, I'm serious.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

I played XI mostly on PS2, and really enjoyed it. The die hard PC fans will scream to the top of their lungs because the UI will have sacrifices due to a controller limitation, but its not that bad.

If EQN launches on ps4 I will get PS4 and EQN. My 65' tv + surround sound and comphy chair is much more enjoyable than my 24' PC monitor and computer desk chair. If it came out on both I will also buy a PC version to assuming I can play one account on ps4 and/or PC if I choose to do so. Like I could with XI.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• miscrpgdudemiscrpgdude Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Simply won't play it if its cross platform. Not only will the game and UI suck as every cross platform game has but I quite frankly don't want to deal with console gamers. Modern PC gamers are bad enough.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Kleptobrainiac

Yes, I'm serious.

Do you actually think that Sony would put their own game on the competition's console?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by Kilmar

No, the PS4 only lives for one generation, the PC lives forever. This will only cause Problems.

The PS4 will probably last about 8-10 years.... Try not to update your PC, see how long it ''lives forever'' ? MAYBE 3 years until you have to play everything at Low settings ? SO much for the forever lol...

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

as long as my server is only pc players, IDC

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Kleptobrainiac

Yes, I'm serious.

Do you actually think that Sony would put their own game on the competition's console?

LoL - Yes, exclusively.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

It doesn't really matter whether or not we want EQN to come to PS4--

IT IS COMING to PS4.

As the Vulcan's would say, "it's only logical."

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by miscrpgdude
    Simply won't play it if its cross platform. Not only will the game and UI suck as every cross platform game has but I quite frankly don't want to deal with console gamers. Modern PC gamers are bad enough.

Thats been proven wrong by FFXIV already.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

EQN will almost certainly be available on PS4, but I think most would say there is a low chance the servers will actually be shared between PC and PS4. Making them separate is much more likely to be done (like what ESO is doing). There are just too many variables to deal with otherwise.

Also, it will probably not be available on XB1. Almost no chance this is going to happen. Why you may ask?

(1) EQN is a reason for many to buy a PS4, thus propelling the console forward in the market.

(2) Why would Sony allow some population loss in the console market? Population is paramount for any MMO!

(3) It would be simply crazy for Sony to give up a potential exclusive to MS!

So it's only logical. Now if only I was trained in risk management so I could come up with actual percentages about those predictions...

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by DMKano

No, the PS4 only lives for one generation, the PC lives forever. This will only cause Problems.

When PS5 comes out you release a new client that runs on PS5, software clients can be always updated.

This is not a problem.

Exactly, like they are doing with DCUO.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Ifg they port it to PS4, it'll only give them more trouble and give them more chance at failing the game. Somehow what happened with D3, oh well... let see what happen.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by DMKano

When PS5 comes out you release a new client that runs on PS5, software clients can be always updated.

This is not a problem.

Exactly, like they are doing with DCUO.

And Planetside 2 now

• MasterfuzzfuzzMasterfuzzfuzz Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by thedood123

Do you want the Everquest Next to come to the PS4? Poll Below

I know there was a thread about would you get it for the PS4 or PC but I am just curious how people feel in general if THEY had to decide whether for it to be on the console or not.

Discuss here what you think the positives and negatives would be from both, and your opinions... please refrain from telling people their wrong... its all friendly speculation here

NO NO NO NO NO. A controller is NOT appropriate for an mmo. If they are planning on making it for ps4, the PC version is going to suffer. Consoles are not good platforms for MMOs.

Originally posted by Masterfuzzfuzz
    Originally posted by thedood123

Do you want the Everquest Next to come to the PS4? Poll Below

I know there was a thread about would you get it for the PS4 or PC but I am just curious how people feel in general if THEY had to decide whether for it to be on the console or not.

Discuss here what you think the positives and negatives would be from both, and your opinions... please refrain from telling people their wrong... its all friendly speculation here

NO NO NO NO NO. A controller is NOT appropriate for an mmo. If they are planning on making it for ps4, the PC version is going to suffer. Consoles are not good platforms for MMOs.

FFXI and FFXIV would beg to differ..... People are really misinformed these days lol...

I agree that menu navigation and chat are hard/cannot be done efficiently with a controller, but strictly gameplay a controller works perfectly, its just a matter of having good devs (see FFXIV:ARR). For menus and chat, you can plug a KB+mouse on a PS4  ANYWAY...

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by tkreep

Actually I would say that the UI issue has been confirmed again with FFXIV.  You may like the FFXIV PC interface, but then you like playing with a console too.

Originally posted by craftseeker
    Originally posted by tkreep

Actually I would say that the UI issue has been confirmed again with FFXIV.  You may like the FFXIV PC interface, but then you like playing with a console too.

Isn't the UI exactly the same.. ? Except the obvious spells bars VS gamepad cross