Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm tired of theme parks. Am I wrong for not giving ARR a chance?

13»

Comments

• separateunionseparateunion Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Magiknight
    Originally posted by separateunion
    Originally posted by Serenes
    ARR is like the ultimate kiddy themepark. The rides and hand holding NEVER stops.

If it is anything like FFXI in later levels, then I have no idea how in the world you could be right.

I played 1.0 and did not hate it, but did not like it enough to keep playing.

I honestly say if you have $39.99 to spend on a game, then go for it. It is a Final Fantasy title and they are trying to "redeem" themselves for the first botch up, it is Square Enix, if you are like me if anyone has earned a second chance its them for providing years and years of entertainment to be TV screen.

Also, like a lot of people said if you are just this burned out of Theme-parks then don't try it, a "gem" is all opinion not fact for everyone.

I'm only level 10 but I don't see the game changing to be anything like FFXI at later levels. I wish the servers were up now so I could play. Even though I hate the game. :( fml

Is this...sarcasm? I can't really tell.

If it's not, I'm confused. How can you foresee what the game has to offer at even level 20, much less 50, if you are currently level 10? That's like saying, "I watched the first five minutes of a horror movies, and it wasn't scary, so I can't see the rest of the movie being scary."

I played alpha to max level. I also have pmed lots of high level characters in the beta and talked to them.

If that's the case, why tell us that you're level 10 and you don't "foresee" it being like FFXI? Adding in the last comment tell us that you have a lot more experience than just being level 10, but using the word "foresee" makes it sound like you don't. Again, confusing.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

If you get the chance to try it free why not?

If you don't get this chance then wait for a free trial or weekend. after launch

If neither of these happen skip it and move on.In the end it's only a game and your life won't be drastically changed in either way.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

If you're tired of themeparks, you'll likely get tired of this one in record time.

It literally does nothing new.  It has the same dumbed down, simplistic gameplay that's been plaguing the genre for years.

Playing it yourself is the only way to really tell if you'll like a game or not, but if you've played any themepark MMO in the last 10 years, then you've already played FFXIV.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    OP, if you are tired of themeparks, no themeparks will make you happy unless you take a break from them. Not FF14, not the rest of them. Play something else for a while and you might get to a point where you will miss themeparks and go back to them, or might not happen at all. Take a good break from themeparks and see if thats helps. It works for other games and genres so i dont see why not here.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Originally posted by Ayulin
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by DMKano

BC - you'd hate it, knowing how much you like AoWs style of play I don't see any of those qualities in ARR. None.

Just my opinion.

image If the character customization is really good, I might be able to get my competitive jones off that way.

its not the best, still feels very limited compared to other MMOs with this feature.!

I'd say a handful of MMOs have more customization options than ARR. TERA, Aion and MMOs in that vein do. Compared to most others, though, ARR is pretty damn open now. They've increased the options substantially over 1.0.

ARR leaves very little remove for distinction with only 4 face options, other than color of your skin. You pretty much look like everyone else.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • WittenWitten Member UncommonPosts: 48

BC - you'd hate it, knowing how much you like AoWs style of play I don't see any of those qualities in ARR. None.

Just my opinion.

image If the character customization is really good, I might be able to get my competitive jones off that way.

its not the best, still feels very limited compared to other MMOs with this feature.!

I'd say a handful of MMOs have more customization options than ARR. TERA, Aion and MMOs in that vein do. Compared to most others, though, ARR is pretty damn open now. They've increased the options substantially over 1.0.

ARR leaves very little remove for distinction with only 4 face options, other than color of your skin. You pretty much look like everyone else.

this is not a surprising agrument coming from you vain guy LOL

btw stop lying too

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Every time I see a video, It looks so damn good, i try to dismiss my issues. 

Am I wrong for just dismissing this mmorpg? Yes, I know I can try for myself, but I'm so burnt out on the traditional themepark style,  I don't even want to compromise my pc performance while downloading one in the background. 

Yes, I know there will be a hand full of haters who respond. I've been around these boards long enough to spot one, don't worry about them. Can you tell me, "BC, you're missing a real gem"?

Thank you for your time.

I had the same problem when i tried Rift for free.  Im so done with themeparks and that whole questing system, i logged in tried the game and  just thought to myself " i have done this a million times " npc to npc getting lame quest of kill this kill that fetch this fetch that moving from area to area doing the same exact quest over and over and over. themepark is dead to me i wont ever spend money on another one, i will only try it if its free so i can remind myself why im done with them.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

If you like final fantasy series, then that alone would be a reason to try it, but if you are sick of MMORPGs, it is an mmorpg about FF.

Either way, the people that re going to be playing it won't miss you if you don't play and don't care if you do, makes no difference to them. Its just you that has to decide for yourself what to play lol.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

Just my opinion.

They are going to have a vanity tab so you can look how you want. Chose any armor you like as a look and another as stats.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Just my opinion.

Did you even play this last weekend?

I know for a fact there is more then four options for a couple races... I don't know about all of them I have only played two

Now while I agree there could be more options your being a little dramatic. ARR has pretty good customization compared to alot of the games out now....

Could it use more, Sure what game cant?