Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RSI Ship: Constellation!

TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

When you think handsome bounty hunter making his own way in a galaxy of enemies, you think the Constellation. The Constellation, a multi-person freighter, is the most popular ship in RSI’s current production array. Constellations are beloved by smugglers and merchants alike because they are modular, high powered… and just downright iconic-looking. The Constellation includes a manned turret, a large cargo area and a small flight deck capable of launching a snub fighter in its own defense.

Constellation

Builder: Roberts Space Industries
Crew (max): 4
Mass (empty): 75,000 kg
Focus: Long-Range Mercantile / Space Superiority

Upgrade Capacity: 14
Cargo Capacity: 35 tonnes

Engine-
Modifiers: 4
Max. Class: Anti-Matter
Thruster Class: 4 x TR6, 8 x TR3

Hardpoints-
2 x Class 1: Equipped 2 x Behring M3A Laser Cannon
4 x Class 2: Equipped 2 x A&R Pike IV Neutron Gun
6 x Class 3: Equipped 2 x Behring Judge missiles (Friend or Foe)
2 x Class 4: Equipped 1x Behring M5A Laser Cannon (turret)

Tender -
Short Range P52 Space Fighter

Similar to… Paradigm, Salvia, Armored Transport, Millennium Falcon

Credit to S42Marines for uploading....huuuuaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7vGG8nPIg&feature=youtu.be

BIG DISCLAIMER: These are our current specifications on paper. Some of this is likely to change during the 3D design and game balancing process over the next 24 months. Despite this they should give a good indication of the relative features and abilities of the 5 initial ships that are available to early backers

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
Star Citizen
TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

Comments

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    I guess I start saving up for one then.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Hey, the picture that is under the description is not the Constellation.  That is the frontal view of the Hornet.  There is a side view of the Constellation further up the page, the one that is round like the Millenium Falcon, only the Constellation flies in a vertical orientation.

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Hey, the picture that is under the description is not the Constellation.  That is the frontal view of the Hornet.  There is a side view of the Constellation further up the page, the one that is round like the Millenium Falcon, only the Constellation flies in a vertical orientation.

True, indeed thanks for correcting me:)

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• DeelgarianDeelgarian Member Posts: 7

I think Constellation enthusiasts abroad have been wondering the same thing:

Just how does will the cargo hold in Constellation work?   How will we be able to get to the cockpit of our P52 fighter when the cargo hold is full?  How do you access the sleeping area or the lavatory when you have a full cargo hold?  How do we load and off-load cargo when we have a P52 on board, does the P52 have to be jetisoned out of the bottom first in order to unload the cargo?

Space Marshall Deelgarian Voidwatcher, Star Citizen
    http://www.sc-rogues.com | RSI Forums Thread | RSI Forum Group

• BloodpactBloodpact Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Deelgarian

I think Constellation enthusiasts abroad have been wondering the same thing:

Just how does will the cargo hold in Constellation work?   How will we be able to get to the cockpit of our P52 fighter when the cargo hold is full?  How do you access the sleeping area or the lavatory when you have a full cargo hold?  How do we load and off-load cargo when we have a P52 on board, does the P52 have to be jetisoned out of the bottom first in order to unload the cargo?

They are separate holds, the P52 is lowered by a lift in the Constellation's belly, and the cargo hold is accessed via a ramp that comes out the rear. There is a turbolift on the bridge that goes to both decks.

Edit: oh man, sorry for the necro

"Where is the feeling of accomplishment in a game where you can never go where there is none to be had?"
    -Me, on the subject of Bethesda > BioWare

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

I pledged back in 2012 before the project made its funding goal, so happy founder here!

Question: Is the constellation going to be exclusive to those who pledged, or will be be available to anyone with enough creds?

Also thought I'd share this =)

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467
    I really enjoy the concept of this game but I am really not digging this buy a ship for life business.... seems really shady

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by illorion
    I really enjoy the concept of this game but I am really not digging this buy a ship for life business.... seems really shady

You aren't purchasing a ship, you're donating to the development. You just get a few treats as thanks. Go do some research on the Wing Commander series and Freelancer. Wing commander was a great space sim in the 90's, and Freelancer had a lot of potential but publishers rushed the development, and it was still a great game.

Same guy is leading the development of this game, through initial crowd funding on kickstarter. Go to kickstarter dot com and see what that is about. This game isn't given ANY loan from a publisher, it's 100% backed by people who want to play the game. There's nothing shady about the model, it's simply a deviation from corporate publishers.

• XanderxavierXanderxavier Member UncommonPosts: 25

Basically you get two bonuses (atm) for veteran backers (ie people who 1st paid something before a certain date) for "buying" a ship

No 1 - You get the ship, no need to purchase it for in-game currency its just in your hanger, 

No 2 - Every time the ship is destroyed, you will get a replacement stock version of the ship(which if your ship is a special edition may include a full set of items) (none of the items in your cargo hold or any custom items equipped will carry over), in your hanger, the stock version replacement is free and will cost you no ingame currency.

Whats the dfference between Lifetime Insurance and ordinary game, well you have 3 types of insurance, there is ship insurance, ship module insurance, and ship cargo insurance, lti includes ship insurance only, so unless you plan on only flying around stock all the time, with no cargo (meh youd need missiles at least so no chance) you still need to pay in game currency for insurance, it just means you never need to worry about "loosing" the ship because you had a bad run of luck and your bank balance dried out, they have indicated in their weekly tv show "Wingman's Hanger" there will be a way in the final game to "earn" LTI, however no details have been given as to how.

It is worth noting insurance costs go up depending on how dangerous a system you are in, whilst with LTI you never need to worry about the ship's insurance costs, alas, both the other two types of insurances will still go up, in some cases you wont even be covered in some systems by insurance, but this wont apply to LTi, though all this exact functionality is TBD.

These are the only two benefits, essentially the benefits and the lti will just save you 1/3rd of a routinely afforadable regular expense, so it will just help you get in game a little quicker, long-term acquiring the ship isnt much of a benefit, in return you get to fund the game and make a better one.

Vice-Admiral Star Citizen Xanderxavier

P.S. Whilst the "short-range" p52 fighter is not jump capable, it will be possible to swap the p52 for other classes of "snub" fighter ie non jump capable mini fighters, so there will be multiple options for the constellations snub fighter, not just the stock p52.