Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Nexus Battle Island Fly Through

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has released a brand new video to show off the Nexus Battle Island. The video showcases the huge indoor battle areas, the "ice cave" action, the power of ambushes throughout Frozen Canyon, tank battles and much more. It's a terrific video filled with tons of action footage and location scenes. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• parlanorparlanor Member UncommonPosts: 7
    guess.. VS didn't get the memo
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I just logged into PS2 for the first time in months. Decided to restart and to be honest the game has improved more than I thought. Especially to newer players which is a great sign. I had a lot of fun when I actually wasn't expecting to.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• Artair83Artair83 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    My only major gripe is most nights we have a major major VS high population sway on Mattherson that's really hurting the game for me. I have way too much time invested on that server to change over sadly
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Um ok.. This looks good.. I see they finally listened and are giving us grunts some indoor fights.. I must admit I have hated on the Devs for a while now, but this just may make up for it.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Is this a new area? Or a revamped place?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Smoey
    I just logged into PS2 for the first time in months. Decided to restart and to be honest the game has improved more than I thought. Especially to newer players which is a great sign. I had a lot of fun when I actually wasn't expecting to.

I did the same about 2 weeks ago. It's a great game, at times omgwtf  EPIC. It's a shooter though, so it will always be in my "change of pace" category.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    so when are BFR's coming? :D
  • I did not see any "vast indoor areas" at all in that video. Not at all. If you've played the game you'll recognize the same small buildings that they were trying to portray as new vast indoor areas. Smoke and mirrors.

I also don't understand why they would make an area "balanced for 2 team action" on a 3 faction game. How the F does that work?

Originally posted by Deznts

I did not see any "vast indoor areas" at all in that video. Not at all. If you've played the game you'll recognize the same small buildings that they were trying to portray as new vast indoor areas. Smoke and mirrors.

I also don't understand why they would make an area "balanced for 2 team action" on a 3 faction game. How the F does that work?

Really? Everything looked different to me.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

PS2 is a good game,but the cookie cutter classes really turned me off.

I wish they would have taken the certification route.

Also,2 man crew for main tanks to reduce the massive tank spam.

and last I played,battles were on Indar CONSTANTLY.People would never go to the other continents,EVER.

Originally posted by tank017

and last I played,battles were on Indar CONSTANTLY.People would never go to the other continents,EVER.

The alert system (not sure exactly how it works) seems to keep the battle moving. Since I started playing again (haven't played for a week) I've seen big pops on all 3 continents. 

Originally posted by bcbully

The alert system (not sure exactly how it works) seems to keep the battle moving. Since I started playing again (haven't played for a week) I've seen big pops on all 3 continents. 

thats good to hear at least

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    To everyone who doesn't know why this is balanced for 2 teams, it's because

Nexus Battle Islands

Is for MLG, you'll fight platoon vs. platoon, each team needs to have 60 players, 48 ready to go, and 12 subs.

This is hard to achieve for any of the smaller outfits, but you can ask any outfit regardless of faction if you can get a spot if you're into competitive play.

(This is speculation, but I think it will work like this)

When 2 teams fight, they'll make their char and everyone will get X amount of certs to spent, so that it's all up to how you spent those points and your skill.. not how long you've played.

On a sidenote, I never understood why Planetside wants to get into e sport, it doesn't really fit in, it's kinda shoehorned in, making new smaller maps for it, but still needing 60 players for a team.

But we'll see how it goes.

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Fun diversion but they have somewhat failed in recreating the essential ingredients of the first planetside that made it legendary. In PS1:

1. Fights felt always on a knife edge and individual player action counted (versus foregone conclusion zergy map capture now where you can yawn your way to the outcome of a fight seemingly disregardless of strategy or strength of defense)
    2. Skill system allowed ppl to spec in a way that made your character committed to spec for days yet flexible and somewhat individual (versus generic archetypal loadouts)
    3. Your mozzie (even with heavy defensive vehicle speccing) felt like it was made of something other than toilet paper to any punter with a smidgen of AA.

To name but few pointz. That said, at least they had the good sense not to introduce giant failbot BFRs...though it is early days yet.
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    can we finally turn off SOE's dreaded FXAA? or do we have to still cheat to do so?

You have a problem with this?  I have not, im using Nvidia 590 are you using Nvidia or AMD ? Just curious, seen a few complaints about the game, and either I'm lucky, which would be a first, or I have a combo that likes PS2 as it runs very well on max for me, with hundreds of people around me, only thing Ive done is turn off shadows, and that's purely a thing a do on all FPS games.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I just cannot bare PvP games with automatic guns... no skill to point in the general direction of another player and press the button.   I gave PS2 a go bust lasted all of 20 minutes.

Projectile weapons is where the fun is at, sadly Tribes Ascend - the one shinning light in this area has turned into automatics central, I blame COD generation for dumbing down my FPS.

/rant over

• vipjerryvipjerry Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by expresso

I just cannot bare PvP games with automatic guns... no skill to point in the general direction of another player and press the button.   I gave PS2 a go bust lasted all of 20 minutes.

Projectile weapons is where the fun is at, sadly Tribes Ascend - the one shinning light in this area has turned into automatics central, I blame COD generation for dumbing down my FPS.

/rant over

Since im way over 40 i wander what was different like 20 years ago? Duke, Wolfenstein, Quake, Shadow warrior etc. all had automatic guns, moreover i dont remember one single game without it? PS2 makes perfect balance for now so im not sure what are you talking about here?

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

/rant over

maybe dont play VS then? shesh... some people...

i just wish they'd go back to the original... with doors, ghosts, towers as mid stations :(

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

/rant over

I disagree..

The kick of the weapons in PS2 add to the challenge.Yes you can reduce recoil and some guns barely have any,but try playing NC - those guns have kick.

Often times its not as easy as just point and shoot.

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122

/rant over

I disagree..

The kick of the weapons in PS2 add to the challenge.Yes you can reduce recoil and some guns barely have any,but try playing NC - those guns have kick.

Often times its not as easy as just point and shoot.

if you play TR its "points and shoot" the real noob-friendly team

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

/rant over

What game did you play that didn't have automatic guns? Every shooter I know of has automatic guns, and the way to get rid of the point and hold down the button is recoil, which 99% of the shooters I have played implemented well. I don't think any FPS has really been "dumbed" down other than COD and maybe Halo if you consider the new one to be dumbed down. 

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263
    So much effort spent on not fixing the game...
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

my question is have they done anything to counter the rampant hackers running around yet.

cause that's why I stopped playing, got tired of being one shoted by people running around with no shileds and 1 point of health, and yet couldn't be hurt.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

you can certify, one HA can be vastly different from another HA.  

all heavy tanks have a 2 person crew.  Always have.

All continents are busy depending on what is going on.  

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.