Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love the game, can't get on my account.

SE's account management system and support has to be the worst I've ever experienced.

I played FFXIV at release, and played almost up until they took it down for 2.0. I had a collector's edition with the security token on the release of the original. Now I don't have that security token, and if I were to guess my 'emergency removal password' I would start playing the lottery. Is there any way to contact them? Is there any type of person to person interaction on their support system? Any phone number?

I need to remove the security token from my account, and can't. 

Comments

• Awesome it seems I have found how to get some live support. Unfortunately, I have to be logged in to use the live support.....

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by jonesing22

SE's account management system and support has to be the worst I've ever experienced.

its always been that way. incredibly esoteric and ridiculously obtuse. it is the one thing that SE has almost willfully never gotten right.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• Originally posted by Epic1oots

hmmm, i dont know... 

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/coercioncan

yeah, This was my initial frustration. 

I would have a better chance of winning the lottery than guessing the emergency password.

• Originally posted by Epic1oots

The Emergency Removal Password will be displayed in the starting page of the Square Enix Account Management System after you log in.

If you are unable to login with a One-Time Password (e.g. your smartphone is lost or stolen), you will be unable to review the Emergency Removal Password. In such a case, please contact the Support Center.
    *The actual account holder must contact the Support Center.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=496&la=1

pick security token > lost > lost token in details > next > next > chat support

I got to this then learned I need to be logged in to use any live support option. 

Problem is I can't log in because of the problem I need their help with.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

The Emergency Removal Password will be displayed in the starting page of the Square Enix Account Management System after you log in.

If you are unable to login with a One-Time Password (e.g. your smartphone is lost or stolen), you will be unable to review the Emergency Removal Password. In such a case, please contact the Support Center.
    *The actual account holder must contact the Support Center.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=496&la=1

pick security token > lost > lost token in details > next > next > chat support

I got to this then learned I need to be logged in to use any live support option. 

Problem is I can't log in because of the problem I need their help with.

Just use the email/phone support options they give you using that link (go through the steps, you don't need to be logged in) and let them contact you. Pretty sure it'll get resolved.

• cyberkillcyberkill Member UncommonPosts: 47

SE Support number

Ph: 858-790-7529 
    Available Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST

• Originally posted by cyberkill

SE Support number

cool thanks hopefully this works.

• cyberkillcyberkill Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by cyberkill

SE Support number

cool thanks hopefully this works.

They are pretty helpful and they are not outsourced so it makes things easier 

• Thanks everyone. 

Got it resolved and didn't even have to be put on hold.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Thanks everyone. 

Got it resolved and didn't even have to be put on hold.

square isnt perfect but they will help