Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Panzar - Give this game a shot F2P :-)

AyuroxAyurox Member UncommonPosts: 64

Give this game a shot, Free 2 play nice decent action pvp game,

want some laughter, fun and some game addiction give it a shot its free !!! :-)

http://www.panzar.com/

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    That looks pretty fun...why have I never heard of it..and what's wrong with it :P
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    it is pretty fun game...got a little bit repetitive  but give it a try
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Yeah it was fun when I was playing it a week ago or so, sadly the game is moderately pay-to-win. The game also suffers from VERY low playerbase, with upto 2 hour wait times per match at off-hours. And some of the classes are rather overpowered, (Frost witch and bezerker.)

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• KucaKuca Member Posts: 1
    Panzar just release, there is about 2 weeks from launch, so give it time and there will be a lot of players. P2W - it's just for first look. You can get everything just playing in this game, but if you pay you will get same items instant. Skill is most important for action.
  • rowalowarowalowa Member CommonPosts: 6
    I've played panzar quite a bit. Really fun game imo. Only thing that sucks is the queue times. Past lvl 10 its more or less 10-15+ minutes per queue for a match. Other then that its a nice game. Give it a try people! :)
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro
    Yeah it was fun when I was playing it a week ago or so, sadly the game is moderately pay-to-win. The game also suffers from VERY low playerbase, with upto 2 hour wait times per match at off-hours. And some of the classes are rather overpowered, (Frost witch and bezerker.)

2 hour wait time.. wow i don't think i have ever had to wait more than a few mins... but i guess i only play during prime time.

Anyway yeah they game was soft launched last month so no real advertising or anything but its a fun game.. kind of like a fantasy version of War fo the Roses or chivalry i guess but with the WOT payment system if you get what i mean.

Still its free, uses cryengine 3 and looks amazing..worth giving it a go.

• jaiceafjaiceaf Member Posts: 46

THIS IS MY NEW MMO!

I am so obsessed with this game because it so very fun. If you enjoy skill based mobas, this is the game for you. Everything is aimed, all the time. Thats my style! I play a paladin, the most fun healing I have ever had in any game PERIOD! That is quite something because the original Everquest is my favorite game to date, I loved my cleric and had so much fun healing with her. The content in other mmos was not challenging enough for me to enjoy healing. But this game is soooo different.

Team play is essential, and it is not SOLELY pay-2win. There is a cash shop where you can buy progression(ie levels, armors, runes medallions). You get these items by buying recipes in the shop with the ingame gold you collect, or gems with real money. With each game you play, you are randomly given resources depending on win or loss. Win you get more, loss you get less. These resources allow you to craft all of the stuff in game. This process can be slow if you are not subscribed, as subscribed members get double exp and double resources. But it is totally feasible to play freely and buy upgrades. You will not be on the same stat level as those that choose to play or have farmed lots of coins and resources. But once you get better and learn to aim, dodge, block, the gear difference wont matter to you, because you will be having a blast!

All skills are able to learned at lvl 30, so dont worry about making a mistake when you level.

****PRO TIP**** Due to the low playerbase, it is sometimes hard to get games after peak european hours, because the game is soft-launched from Russia/EU. If you have leveled past level 4 and feel you arent getting any more games because of the hour, MAKE AN ALT! Level 1-4 games pop almost constantly no matter the hour. IF you wanna just practice your same toon, make another low level one and practice!

I am from Missouri and its 5:30 pm when I write this. The queues for my main paladin Jaice have stopped popping. So now I'm going to jump on my Sister of Fire and play some lower level games. I'm not good with her, so I don;t feel bad lol. But once the population grows, I do not believe queues will be a problem.

***PRO TIP #2**** For those of you just starting the game, I would recommend locking the slider that unlocks at level four in order to only receive gold and and a few experience points. This way, you can farm gold and resources at lvl 4 which always has games popping. When you have accumulated your gear and performed a few upgrades, then you can move onto to gaining levels again. This will help keep you from being behind the gear curve as you level. While locking at level 4, you can simply work on increasing your skill and not having to worry about people that are outgeared at the moment, because soon you will be wearing the same thing, with runes and everything.

TL:DR ITS FREE TRY IT OUT!!! I'm really glad I did, has taken the place of Heroes of Newerth AND Project1999.org (Everquest vanilla)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Panzar

This is an actual game play video.

pros:This does look fun for what it is a MOBA.This is also what cartoon quality graphics should look like,not what Wildstar or Wow are doing.

The graphics are really nice.

Cons:I don't see enough reason for the terrain to matter.Pot heavy game.CAsh shop game.

Being a Moba is why you lose the entire MMO and immersive feeling.no real content,it is basically an arena battle but instead of being highly skillful and full of detailed map layouts ,it is more about just swinging away and having some fun.

It appears the melee player has no other option for attack,so he would have to spend a lot of time running after people and never getting there before dying.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Gear doesn't matter that much a lower lvls. So if that's a big issue for you just don't lvl. Every class is kind of a one trick pony at low lvls....like every game that has lvls. Melee gets lots more options for running things down as they get more skills. Of course other classes have options for getting away too.

The game is not pay to win AT ALL... people calling it that are the same ones pulling the same tired crap out of their.....err. never mind. You can get anything with gold ( in game money not cash ) you just have to spend the time to earn it. I haven't seen a thing in the shop, that isn't a 1 day item, that you can't earn with gold and craft as well.

What I mean is they have 1d 7d and 30d versions of most items. The one days are all cash only. The gold ones are all 7 or 30 day only.

The terrain totally matters. It makes chasing people so difficult as it should in real life. Sorcs gunner and sappers use terrain to their advantage all the time. You always want to shoot down, not up. The gameplay evoles as you level up. Like most games, you cant base it SOLELY on the first four levels. At the same time, the first 4 levels are VERY fun!

The majority of the fighting takes place around the points which are to be captured. In your reference to tank or melee just running around swinging stuff in hopes of killing something, that is just totally not true. The tanks have shield to deflect projectiles, they knock people away. ICe witches can freeze anyone in her AoE, Fire witches have a barrage of fiery skulls they can aim and blow people up and away.

There are also resources available on the battle field to utilize. Catapults to throw your team up the hill, TnT, cannons. So much depth in this game. love it

Oh, and this should definitely be added to the list here at MMORPG.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    It's not going to be just a MOBA by the way guys. They've already stated they're adding PvE elements to the game (they're apparently working on them currently).

Smile

What it really needs is more people playing.
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    What it really needs is more people playing.

Yup, once you reach level 5, expect to wait upto 2 hours for matches, sometimes even during primetime. Ironically, it's the games low population that's killing the population off.

PS: Sorry just noticed I necroed the thread, noone uses LFG of the forums anymore. :P

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291
    They should pay a well known streamer to livestream their game, more ads. The player population sucks.
  • VaasVaas Member Posts: 1
    The game itself is a blast, but the pay2win cash shop will definitely hold it back. You can't realistically obtain all the temporary amulets and shard enchantments just from playing the game. Hell, you even need to use 3/20 skill points just to be able to get +30% crafting chance that you will definitely need if you're not paying money for items. 
  • Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89

I've been playing Panzar for like 2 months already and i can say some things about it:

* The game has some bugs but almost all of them are graphical, not a biggie.

* There's an active population so the queue times are pretty short. Sadly, this depends a lot on your schedule, in Argentina (GTM-3) i can play just fine until midnight, around 3 minutes queue.

* The classes are balanced in the rock - papper - scissors way, which is very good imo. For example, tanks can practically render useless a gunner but these can destroy ice witches easily, and so on.

* The P2W appart is barely noticiable, at least in the first 10 levels, mostly because there's a level restriction on gear, making the gap not so big. Here skill > gear, trust me.

* The music is one of the best i've heard in a long time, it's awesome and very climatic.

* You won't find many trolls, almost none to be honest, but there is some flaming in the chat, it's common and easily ignored.

* Tha game recieves patches pretty rarely, which isn't a very good thing, but at least they don't mess with classes balance this way.

I suggest every lover of PvP to try it, because it's one of those hidden jewels in the gaming industry.

Btw, i made a request to add it to the game list here in MMORPG but i had no response. :(