Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

running out of quests for early levels

Comments

• WKMitchellWKMitchell Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Tsuru
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

And what if i don't want to change class before i hit 50? i did everything that game has to offer and i still hit a wall in leveling. More content would mean not to force people to change class in order to level. Players should be offered smooth leveling on one class alone instead of forcing them to change in order to fill the gaps.

I hope they will add more content once beta is over though.

You are going to need to change class at least once on your way to your first lvl 50 class, because jobs which are important for party play require 1 job at lvl 30 and 1 at lvl 15 to unlock.  Depending on the Job; Brd(archer30/cnj15), Whm(cnj30/gla15), etc.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Toxia
    This is pretty much when I stopped playing the beta.  Not gonna grind my way through the levels in 2013.

and people wonder why they run out of content so fast in these mmos cause they want a instant max level toon ro something. the quest are there to get you first classes/job to level 50 then you have to use the other things to get levels it makes the game last longer

This is not some cheap F2P MMO where you need to grind mobs to level. The fact is that content is lacking and to tell people 'go grind mobs' is just an excuse to cover that.

Players have come to expect a smooth leveling curve from AAA MMOS, so telling them to grind mobs isn't going to help.

I think you're confused. You don't have to grind to level, its when you change classes, and you've already done all the quests were some grinding will come into play. You've already done the quests, go to a different city and do their quests, and once you done with those then, you will be grinding. But by then your leveling your 4th job, and that will happen. This is the tradeoff for only having 1 character, and to keep people busy once they hit max level with a job.

And what if i don't want to change class before i hit 50? i did everything that game has to offer and i still hit a wall in leveling. More content would mean not to force people to change class in order to level. Players should be offered smooth leveling on one class alone instead of forcing them to change in order to fill the gaps.

You didnt play it did you. Really.

Then you wont run out of quests.

Not possible. You will outlevel the quests themselves if you do EVERYTHING the game has to offer.

Wut? You change your class, you start leveling again. Progress on second class doesnt add to the first. Basic fundamental of the game. Did you play? Whats your character name :)

There we go...you know if instead of mocking me you had asked nicely i would have teamed up with you to show me what i missed because i did everything that game has to offer and yet i am having trouble doing quests because i am not of appropriate level.

So yes it is possible. Atleast, it is for me. And like i said what if i don't want to change class and stick with one till i hit the cap like i am doing now? i haven't started a second class yet because i want to experience it all the way to level cap.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    This is pretty much when I stopped playing the beta.  Not gonna grind my way through the levels in 2013.

and people wonder why they run out of content so fast in these mmos cause they want a instant max level toon ro something. the quest are there to get you first classes/job to level 50 then you have to use the other things to get levels it makes the game last longer

This is not some cheap F2P MMO where you need to grind mobs to level. The fact is that content is lacking and to tell people 'go grind mobs' is just an excuse to cover that.

Players have come to expect a smooth leveling curve from AAA MMOS, so telling them to grind mobs isn't going to help.

I think you're confused. You don't have to grind to level, its when you change classes, and you've already done all the quests were some grinding will come into play. You've already done the quests, go to a different city and do their quests, and once you done with those then, you will be grinding. But by then your leveling your 4th job, and that will happen. This is the tradeoff for only having 1 character, and to keep people busy once they hit max level with a job.

Not possible. You will outlevel the quests themselves if you do EVERYTHING the game has to offer.

Wut? You change your class, you start leveling again. Progress on second class doesnt add to the first. Basic fundamental of the game. Did you play? Whats your character name :)

There we go...you know if instead of mocking me you had asked nicely i would have teamed up with you to show me what i missed because i did everything that game has to offer and yet i am having trouble doing quests because i am not of appropriate level.

So yes it is possible. Atleast, it is for me. And like i said what if i don't want to change class and stick with one till i hit the cap like i am doing now? i haven't started a second class yet because i want to experience it all the way to level cap.

I dont need to ask anything more. I asked your characters name. I'll look up you character, and be able to tell you what you should be doing at the point in the game you are in. Just tell me your name if you want help.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• separateunionseparateunion Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by WKMitchell

You are going to need to change class at least once on your way to your first lvl 50 class, because jobs which are important for party play require 1 job at lvl 30 and 1 at lvl 15 to unlock.  Depending on the Job; Brd(archer30/cnj15), Whm(cnj30/gla15), etc.

This sounds a lot like the sub job system in FFXI. Once you got to 20, you needed to get your sub job to 10, and then you needed to switch back and forth to get a fully formed character once your main job was maxed out.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by SnarkRitter
    I think the better question would be why is more than 90 percent of the quests so far have been fedex quests in their most basic form?

I don't think it's a better question. Still, rather than changing the thread, why not start your own on that subject?

OP, you have other options.  Explore those.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

Because you rapidly are clicking through the STORY and just doing the quests. The stories are excellent and make it feel as if you aren't doing monotonous questing. The quests are standard fare as far as mmo's are concerned. Kill this, get that. GW2 uses dynamic events to cover it, FFXIV uses story. Stop rushing :)

Well, excuse me if I care more about gameplay than stories in video games because as an avid reader, even the greatest stories in video games are mediocre by book standard 99% percent of the time. And I tried to read of the "story" but the writing....welll....just makes me giggle so the more I read the more I want to skip them faster. I guess I just grew out of that kind of writing.

• SosaBabySosaBaby Member Posts: 33
    Am I the only one or do you all not find it ironic that people complain about the current quest system, then complain that there is not enough quests

Bang Bang 3hun oBLA!

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by SnarkRitter

Because you rapidly are clicking through the STORY and just doing the quests. The stories are excellent and make it feel as if you aren't doing monotonous questing. The quests are standard fare as far as mmo's are concerned. Kill this, get that. GW2 uses dynamic events to cover it, FFXIV uses story. Stop rushing :)

Well, excuse me if I care more about gameplay than stories in video games because as an avid reader, even the greatest stories in video games are mediocre by book standard 99% percent of the time. And I tried to read of the "story" but the writing....welll....just makes me giggle so the more I read the more I want to skip them faster. I guess I just grew out of that kind of writing.

Did you try a different starting town?  They all have different dialects and honestly some are better for the story than others imo.

And, while not as good as book (mainly because a book lets you see what you want to see thus it will always be better (much like movies)).  The stories aren't bad though imo.

Honestly at this point it sounds like you're just nit-picking the game to to nit-pick it.  We get it you don't like the quests move on with your life.

• dred79dred79 Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by mandog14
    Am I the only one or do you all not find it ironic that people complain about the current quest system, then complain that there is not enough quests

Well keep in mind i did all the quests up to level 15 lancer in gridiana. Then i walked to un'dal city and started gladiator. The difference here and that when i did Gridiana i had very obvious quest hubs. with multiples of ! ! ! everywhere.

Now as a gladiator at level 8 i  am starting to see some quests pop up as i level through un'dal area but only 1 or two in each quest hub area. Significally less than when i first started in gridiana as a lancer. I am not saying i can't figure out how to level just that i find myself not sure where i want to go to next to kill stuff or do quests.

I like doing the quests for the sense of purpose and direction. Plus free gear. I can certainly do the hunting logs, levequests and grinding. But if i have to grind then i feel like i need to do research cause pure grinding gets boring.

The real question is once you level 3 or 4 classes on a single character in all 3 major city areas what do you have left in the early levels to do? Nothing but hunting logs, levequests, and grinding. at least for the early levels.

It's meant to be that way though.  I mean is it really worse than repeating the same quests on a new character like you did in other games? And, they'll continue to add quests (not sure if many will be in the lower level areas but there will be more(including dailies and what not)).
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by separateunion
    I would also hope it's a nice balance between grouping a la FFXI and soloing a la WoW. I liked the grouping aspect of FFXI, but it was hard to progress if you couldn't find a group. Having a number of quests seems to alleviate this issue. On the other hand, in WoW, you could level every single character you created to max without ever grouping once (except possibly for instances). I always felt like this detracted from a close knit community. Forcing people to group at least occasionally builds relationships across the server and helps you meet people.

I'm fine with forced grouping so long as there is a feature in the game to facilitate grouping i.e. an instance finder of some type. Sitting in town spamming chat for hours so I can progress just isn't my idea of fun anymore. I played WoW for a long long time, and when I leveled a new character, I would ask if anyone would like to join me in zone chat, and more often than not, someone would, and we'd go and have fun. You don't have to solo in WoW. You can still group up to quest. You just have to be a little more social. 

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Yes an on rails experience.  Heaven forbid if a game breaks that and you have to grind a bit, go meet friends and do some group content.  Wow.  That is what I don't get.

You either want an on-rails to end game or you want a journey.  You can't have both because no game is currently catering to both crowds.  This multi-job feature is that.  Do I think there are better ways of smoothing it out, sure I could name a few but most games you can get to max level instantly in a quick manner, this game is breaking from that normal and people are complaining because there isn't hubs. 

• dred79dred79 Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by kilun

Yes an on rails experience.  Heaven forbid if a game breaks that and you have to grind a bit, go meet friends and do some group content.  Wow.  That is what I don't get.

You either want an on-rails to end game or you want a journey.  You can't have both because no game is currently catering to both crowds.  This multi-job feature is that.  Do I think there are better ways of smoothing it out, sure I could name a few but most games you can get to max level instantly in a quick manner, this game is breaking from that normal and people are complaining because there isn't hubs. 

I think the point is that the journey on your first class to level 50 is just that... A Journey. After that though when you try to level other classes 1-15 you won't have the quest hub system cause you will have eventually completed them all. With only the class quest left to complete for each class.

There is not much reason to group at such a low level. guildleves and leveleves are 3 per 12 hours so your left with hunterlogs and fates and grind.

I know some poeple hate the quest system on rails i get that. But for me when completing quests and turning in stuff it feels like i am least doing something. Especially when i am level 5 with only 3 abiltieis and spamming the same stuff over and over.

I would rather do a simple quest than kill 25 level 6 spiders in a row to get to level 7 and then go kill 25 level 8 swarms to get to level 8. that just drives me mad.

Yes i know its beta more content and classes are coming.. Just pointing out what we are currently playing with right now.

• tovontotovonto Member UncommonPosts: 40

the lack of quest is actually intended for beta read the forums...

Accessible Content

• Quests
      • Main Story: Level 20 and below
      • Sub-Quests: Level 20 and below
        * The quest "A Relic Reborn" will be available starting in phase 4. Players who accepted this quest in Version 1.0 will be able to resume their progress after reaccepting it in FFXIV: ARR.
      • Class Quests: Level 30 and below
        * Quests for Disciples of War and Magic are available up to level 15.
        * Quests for Disciples of the Hand and Land are available up to level 30.
  • c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    No offense to anyone or to OP but am i really hearing this question correctly.  You have no more quests so you dont know what to do to level.  Go kill some damn mobs.  Have we really become that lazy where we want quests to level us to max?  Could you imagine if someone asked this on an old ffxi forum or lineage 2 forum, that would stir up a big laugh.  This is an mmorpg, or maybe that genre doesnt exist anymore.  
  • WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

People really don't read the ARR forums do they? They have said time and time again that they are limiting the quests in beta.

Reading is hard.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Why in the world would you need an endless number of quests, each completed in a half hour or less, in an MMO?
    Originally posted by Waldoe

People really don't read the ARR forums do they? They have said time and time again that they are limiting the quests in beta.

Reading is hard.

I partially blame SE for making P3 feel so much like an open beta with the amount of keys that are out.

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by NetSage
    Originally posted by Waldoe

Reading is hard.

I partially blame SE for making P3 feel so much like an open beta with the amount of keys that are out.

It could not be any smarter a move on their part. Let as many people in as possible to bang around on the servers. They know they have a much better product than 1.0 and want the word to get out. The best part of all is that they are committed to continuing to put hard work into the game. 

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    There are already too many quests. I can't believe they will be adding more.
  • deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193

It is not possible to be out of quests if you did not switch to another class, dont write "well it happened to me so its possible" you either missed a hub or have quests in your log not tracking... And what do you mean when you write switch class to fill gaps ??? When you switch class you start back at level 1 ... What you write just doesnt make any sense, its almost like you did not play the game..

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    tbh I'm surprised you found a problem at level 6.  I went to Ul'dah to do Thaumaturge and atm at level 6 and still got plenty to do outside the city itself.  I find that most cities provide alot of quests for at least one class per area atm and guild leves and hunting logs sure help with any other class you may choose to do.  My advice is start at level 1 in each region and don't waste your guild leves unless you really have nothing else to do.  Also, bare in mind there are three different regions to check out, not just one.

imageimage

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    GC provisions once you got GC unlocked and joined the GC of your choosing, hand in these provisions for seals and XP, some items give loads of XP, there is numerous ways of obtaining XP.
  • Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Really? Im having a blast just killing monsters honestly. So relaxing to just go online and kill mobs, watch the environment and so on. No need for quests. :)
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

@ OP

I think I know on which quest u get your butt kicked. I got mine kicked 5+ times. If you tried search on forums, u should seen a guide about quest. Boss isn't hard, but u only need antidote. It's piece of cake until you figure what to do. :)