Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else not like the game?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    I'm on my 3rd beta weekeend and unfortunatly i find myself playing less and less. Combat is beyond boring and very slow, you pretty much mash the same 2-3 ablities over and over again until the mob dies.

Not even playing this beta at all. Gonna wait till open beta  when everything is in game and see how it goes.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    I'm on my 3rd beta weekeend and unfortunatly i find myself playing less and less. Combat is beyond boring and very slow, you pretty much mash the same 2-3 ablities over and over again until the mob dies.

Not even playing this beta at all. Gonna wait till open beta  when everything is in game and see how it goes.

I have decided to do the same, I played it little (and wrote a quick review on this forum last week), this weekend looking forward to starting a'new created a new character, new city, but found 1hour later, thinking im getting bored of clicking..

I find myself not intersted in reading all the crap, Yes having the 'voice-overs' might make a difference, So for me, I wont be saying "im not playing at release" but im less likely this weekend as a i was last

Lets be honest, like any form of media/fun if it doesn't grab you quickly why wait??  In films they reckon first 5-10minutes of film will dictate if you like it, regardless of the film/genre

Games its similar, within first few hours of game play if you have to 'drag' yourself to log in just to "get to the fun" then what is the motivation... and whats saying later on in the game what other people (in this post) says is fun, is fun for you, and you've wasted all them extra hours, So like another poster said, the should of done more in the first 5 levels, make it enjoyable, learn lots of new spells/abilities but at very low/weak level let me see what fun is coming, dont expect me to wait

So for me, Like the this guy above, i will wait, I do think there are lots of parts that the Devs have one very well, but i think they have / will regret not doing more work on the first 2hours of gameplay for the casual / possible (non fanboy) player like me

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

Instead of making a genre suit you, play a genre you like.

I think MMORPG's are not something for you. So look out for the hybrids, most likely the only real thing out of the MMORPG genre you do like is a persistent world and some kind of progression. And lucky for most, that seems to be the way the next gen consoles are going for!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Simple really:  Why not try something to see if your tastes have changed since the last time you tried it.

I'd buy that with the combat though it would have been a simple question "hey guys, is this tab targetting or not as I can't do tab targetting anymore"

and then I suppose you could take a deep breath and "try".

But the art design has been out since 1.0. All you had to do was look at the hundred or so pictures that are out and realize "ew, that Asian style is not for me".

And heck, as far as "asian style art design" this game is probably the best  as far as keeping everything seemingly from the same world. No bikini armor, the cutsey characters are just cute and not cute mixed with sexy which doesn't quite work.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Ehh I don't think this game is for me. By level 5 had 3 skills and was auto attacking things level 7 and just tabbed out to do other things. Zzzz
  • PuffingtonPuffington Member Posts: 35

OP if you don't like asian art style why even try the game? Like it's some big secret that Final Fantasy uses that art style? Only been around since Nintendo.... even the sprites looked like that 8 bit style? It's like walking into a Harley dealership and saying "oh yeah I was looking for a sports car very disappointed with your lack of sports cars"

tldr; of course FFXIV has an asian art style dummy.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

If your posts bashing the game in other people's thread aren't getting enough attention, make your own thread!

That is the proper way to troll people.

Does ANYONE not like a video game on the internet?  Yes some don't.  Congratulations I'm sure you feel sooooo much better now.

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

Just got into beta, so far this is my feeling:

The goods:

+ Good graphic

+ Beautiful animations

+ Great music

+ Has a very Final Fantasy feel to it( good for FF fans)

+ Combat is very flashy

+ Very instructive tutorials

+Good character customization

Now for the bads:

- Boring art style

-Animations are not fluid, they don't feel natural at all, compared to say, GW2

-Standard tab-targeting combat, might be good for some, bad for others, me personally I can't stand tab targeting combat anymore, the flashy animations and good sound effects might feel good at first but once I get past that it's very boring to me

-Boring writing

-The races are boring and their personalities are lacking

-Poor character creator by modern standard

-Boooooooooooring fedex quests

-The world feel small and quite restrictive

-Exploration is lacking, to put it lightly

-Loads and loads of loading screens

In the end I'm not sure if FF XIV ARR is worth a full 60$ box price, don't even mention a monthly fee. Actually I'm not sure I'll invest seriously into even it's F2P. To me, FF XIV ARR's gameplay feels so outdated and doesn't offer enough for me to abandon my investment in other traditional MMORPGs to switch to it.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

I usually wait till games release before I begin playing them.  Having seen and read many FFIV preview articles and videos I am already aware of the points brought forth by the OP.  So those points are not deal breakers for me.  What I am looking to find in FFIV is content that is strategic, offers immersion, and is rewarding in terms of achievements/accomplishments gained commensurate with efforts expended.  Think of it like chess.  I love chess.  Is it slow as heck with lousy graphics?  absolutely.  But it is also a very enjoyable game due to its strategic value.

Today's games are way too easy.  The OP says he's going back to Neverwinter.  Although Neverwinter has nice graphics and active combat, players can get to max level in a few days and buy a complete set of BiS armor from the AH minutes after reaching max level.  I find absolutely no enjoyment in that.  So you see, whereas he finds value in that type of game style, I do not.  So different strokes for different folks. 

I am looking for difficult, immerssive, and strategic game play.  If FFIV is able to deliver in that respect, I will play it despite its slow combat style.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I haven't tried the game yet, but when I started seeing statements such as "best since EQ", I became suspicious. 
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

I just can't get into the Japanese cutsie whatever style/feel/vibe of their characters.  Too much I feel with the female toons being a Japanese schoolgirl and the male toons.... just seem too... anime vibe?

That feeling bugs the hell out of me and likely never play the game seriously, even though it might be a really good game.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by flizzer
    I haven't tried the game yet, but when I started seeing statements such as "best since EQ", I became suspicious. 

In the end it's all going to be opinion.  There many like me who honestly WoW was my first real MMO so  the original EQ was never on my radar mainly due to age :P.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by SnarkRitter

Just got into beta, so far this is my feeling:

The goods:

+ Good graphic

+ Beautiful animations

+ Great music

+ Has a very Final Fantasy feel to it( good for FF fans)

+ Combat is very flashy

+ Very instructive tutorials

+Good character customization

Now for the bads:

- Boring art style

-Animations are not fluid, they don't feel natural at all, compared to say, GW2

-Standard tab-targeting combat, might be good for some, bad for others, me personally I can't stand tab targeting combat anymore, the flashy animations and good sound effects might feel good at first but once I get past that it's very boring to me

-Boring writing

-The races are boring and their personalities are lacking

-Poor character creator by modern standard

-Boooooooooooring fedex quests

-The world feel small and quite restrictive

-Exploration is lacking, to put it lightly

-Loads and loads of loading screens

In the end I'm not sure if FF XIV ARR is worth a full 60$ box price, don't even mention a monthly fee. Actually I'm not sure I'll invest seriously into even it's F2P. To me, FF XIV ARR's gameplay feels so outdated and doesn't offer enough for me to abandon my investment in other traditional MMORPGs to switch to it.

its 30 and we dont have all the zones

Originally posted by LacedOpium

I usually wait till games release before I begin playing them.  Having seen and read many FFIV preview articles and videos I am already aware of the points brought forth by the OP.  So those points are not deal breakers for me.  What I am looking to find in FFIV is content that is strategic, offers immersion, and is rewarding in terms of achievements/accomplishments gained commensurate with efforts expended.  Think of it like chess.  I love chess.  Is it slow as heck with lousy graphics?  absolutely.  But it is also a very enjoyable game due to its strategic value.

Today's games are way too easy.  The OP says he's going back to Neverwinter.  Although Neverwinter has nice graphics and active combat, players can get to max level in a few days and buy a complete set of BiS armor from the AH minutes after reaching max level.  I find absolutely no enjoyment in that.  So you see, whereas he finds value in that type of game style, I do not.  So different strokes for different folks. 

I am looking for difficult, immerssive, and strategic game play.  If FFIV is able to deliver in that respect, I will play it despite its slow combat style.

certain classes its doesnt feel as slow

Originally posted by Raxeon

Ah, the "it gets better later" reply.

Explain why other games such as WoW, RIFTs, GW2 have starting zones that don't feel restrictive at all?

Answer: They're not handicapped by the PS3. So yeah, don't expect later zones to feel as open as the zones in those games.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

Explain why other games such as WoW, RIFTs, GW2 have starting zones that don't feel restrictive at all?

Answer: They're not handicapped by the PS3. So yeah, don't expect later zones to feel as open as the zones in those games.

. . . . . . im sorry did you say the starting zones in these games don't fill restrictive, you and I must have played different games with the exact same name. the reason being I find the starting zons in all of those games very restrictive. it isn't until much later that the zones open up and fill less restrictive.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• separateunionseparateunion Member Posts: 29

I haven't played Rift or GW2, but starting zones in WoW didn't exactly make me feel like I was in a huge world. The first character I rolled was a Night Elf, and the whole of Teldrassil  certainly didn't feel expansive.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Shouldn't you be kind restricted in the start of any mmorpg?  I mean otherwise mobs will just 1-hit you and you'll rage quit :P.

Jokes aside I personally don't find the zones really restricting (unless you must  be swim for reason).  And, those complaining about invisible walls must not have played WoW (around launch) or games made around that time(or even now in many other genres).

Originally posted by Squeak69

. . . . . . im sorry did you say the starting zones in these games don't fill restrictive, you and I must have played different games with the exact same name. the reason being I find the starting zons in all of those games very restrictive. it isn't until much later that the zones open up and fill less restrictive.

If you find the starting zones in those games restrictive then I guess no MMORPGs has non-restrictive zone. And even then the starting zones in those games are nowhere near as restrictive as starting zones in FF XIV.

Originally posted by separateunion

I haven't played Rift or GW2, but starting zones in WoW didn't exactly make me feel like I was in a huge world. The first character I rolled was a Night Elf, and the whole of Teldrassil  certainly didn't feel expansive.

Try Elwynn forest and Durotar.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by furbans

I just can't get into the Japanese cutsie whatever style/feel/vibe of their characters.  Too much I feel with the female toons being a Japanese schoolgirl and the male toons.... just seem too... anime vibe?

That feeling bugs the hell out of me and likely never play the game seriously, even though it might be a really good game.

I'm not a fan of the art style either, but my issue with the game is that it's just more of the same themepark fare we've been playing for the last 10 years.

The quests are same old, same old.

The world is cut up into very small bits.  Load screen after load screen after load screen.

The same, slow tab targeting combat system we've seen time and again.

The graphics are pretty, but beyond that, it's just more of the same.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by NetSage

Shouldn't you be kind restricted in the start of any mmorpg?  I mean otherwise mobs will just 1-hit you and you'll rage quit :P.

Jokes aside I personally don't find the zones really restricting (unless you must  be swim for reason).  And, those complaining about invisible walls must not have played WoW (around launch) or games made around that time(or even now in many other genres).

people still beleave WoW has no invisible walls they arnt aware that they actually exist or that zone loading was done via a kinda phasic transfer.

on the other hand WoW was one of the first games to pull off a filling of there being no invisible walls, or no barrier to zones and I did luv this about the game, but man them mountain sure where all over the place huh LOL

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I am going to give it another go in the future but it felt very linear, and tunnel like of what I played .. knowing how I am .. if it's mostly linear tunnel zones .. it's not for me.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• separateunionseparateunion Member Posts: 29

If you find the starting zones in those games restrictive then I guess no MMORPGs has non-restrictive zone. And even then the starting zones in those games are nowhere near as restrictive as starting zones in FF XIV.

Originally posted by separateunion

Try Elwynn forest and Durotar.

I only rolled Horde as a Blood Elf (again, restrictive starting area), and had a character of every race on the Alliance side. Sure, Elwynn Forest was the LEAST restrictive, but it wasn't super expansive or anything. You had to slowly progress out into more difficult areas.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

people still beleave WoW has no invisible walls they arnt aware that they actually exist or that zone loading was done via a kinda phasic transfer.

on the other hand WoW was one of the first games to pull off a filling of there being no invisible walls, or no barrier to zones and I did luv this about the game, but man them mountain sure where all over the place huh LOL

But in WoW, you didn't hit a load screen going between the vast majority of zones.  Heck, you didn't even hit a load screen going from a city to a zone.

In FFXIV, you hit load screens just going to different sections of the same city.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by Rohn

But in WoW, you didn't hit a load screen going between the vast majority of zones.  Heck, you didn't even hit a load screen going from a city to a zone.

In FFXIV, you hit load screens just going to different sections of the same city.

umm most games with high end gfx have the loading zones for some reason hell alot have instancing. Name one game that seamless that looks as good as ffxiv? some of the loading is due to the ps3 tho memory limitations.

it remind sme alot of ffxi tho so it doesnt bother me