Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Prophet: Wintertide Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that Dragon's Prophet will be cooling off for summer with the new addition of Wintertide in the very near future. Players will have the chance to face off against hordes of marauding giants and trolls in the new zone.

Wintertide will be released as part of the first major update to the Dragon's Prophet Open Beta in July. The update will also include three new instanced zones and increase the level cap to 70!

You can read more about Wintertide in the latest Dragon's Prophet producer's letter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    So instead of fixing the glaring problems that the game has right now the development team has decided to churn out more content? What a smart move (sarcasm is being used here for those that don't know).

Smile

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    So instead of fixing the glaring problems that the game has right now the development team has decided to churn out more content? What a smart move (sarcasm is being used here for those that don't know).

While I agree that there are problems in the game... big problems. I think this is A LOT better than them just adding things to the cash shop. Too many f2p games add things to cash shop and no real content... I'M LOOKING STRAIGHT AT YOU TERA. I actually really like dragons prophet. I wish more people played it.

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    how about they fix the game first..then add new content...like getting rid of the in game station cash going to a gold system instead of nickle and diming us to death...or the crappy skill tree..or the boring action bar...or the lag...i could go on

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    this was probably in the works for a long long time fooolish peons before beta even
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by quseio
    this was probably in the works for a long long time fooolish peons before beta even

Yep.  If you front-load content you appear to be largely supporting the game and its' content.

The true test is to see how they do with the bug fixes and then content, once all front-loaded content is spent.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Clearly didn't read the article. Although I guess that is the norm for people on this forum.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Those of us that actually read the article find your post amusing.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I think it makes sense.  Patch for bugs to appease complainers and add content to appease those who have level capped and to infuse new interest into the game prior to release.  FireFall did the same thing this week with their closed-beta, they continued to patch and they added three new areas and missions to the game.  Wildstar did the same thing as well.  I don't see any reason for a major complaint here.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Half is bug fixes half is content, I see no issue with this update at all. 
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Its not a beta when they charge the players over 100 dollars to open bag, lair and bank space Per charcter not the account. Worse they charged their players over 90 bucks to for a large house, only to find out the land to put it on costs like 24 million gold. Got to love Sony, Reminds me of them selling us content in swg only to cancel it 2 weeks later. At these prices the should play smooth as glass. It will be interesting to read the official review on this site.
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Its not a beta when they charge the players over 100 dollars to open bag, lair and bank space Per charcter not the account. Worse they charged their players over 90 bucks to for a large house, only to find out the land to put it on costs like 24 million gold. Got to love Sony, Reminds me of them selling us content in swg only to cancel it 2 weeks later. At these prices it should play smooth as glass. It will be interesting to read the official review on this site.

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    I like this game a lot, it is a breath of fresh air, as I have been playing eq2 damn near every day for 7 years, but what gets me is the heath bar fix...I never got a heath bar..damn it wheres my heath bar, its my favorite candy bar.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Originally posted by WarWitch
    Its not a beta when they charge the players over 100 dollars to open bag, lair and bank space Per charcter not the account. Worse they charged their players over 90 bucks to for a large house, only to find out the land to put it on costs like 24 million gold. Got to love Sony, Reminds me of them selling us content in swg only to cancel it 2 weeks later. At these prices it should play smooth as glass. It will be interesting to read the official review on this site.

This game is from the developers of Runes of Magic, how could anyone be surprised? Unless you have no clue or never played Runes of Magic.

Word of advice. Leave the game while you still can.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    Just reading the comments really makes me wonder why anyone actually plays this game.