Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Mist League Week 3 - The Endeavor!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

After a successful second week of Mist League Season 1, we’re now only a day away from the commencement of Week 3. We will celebrate this event once again with our Saturday Stream hosted by Grouch and Gasmask!

You will not want to miss this week! Well established guilds who have made a name for themselves will face off against newer, hungrier, reputation harvesting guilds who will claw through any obstacle to achieve victory, and a well deserved placement on the ladder.

The Details:

When: Saturday 6/29 : 11PDT (6pm GMT)

Where: The Official MMORPG Stream Page

Schedule of Events:

• 11:00-11:10 – Introduction and Pre-Game
  • 11:10-11:50 -Made In Meta [MiM]  Vs Throw Train [TT] – EU
  • 11:50-12:30 – IceFyre [IF] Vs Tallywacker Gang [TwG]-  EU
  • 12:30-1:10 – Being Op Is Hard [OP] Vs  Sittingonacouch [SOAC] – NA
  • 1:10-1:50 – Even When We Win [Rage] Vs  Leaderboard Boomers [BOOM]- NA

Hosts : Gasmask and Grouch

If you missed the previous week’s event, you can catch up on the competition by watching it on Youtube hereMistLeague!

Thank you for your continuous support! See you in the Mists!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Just curious if anyone ever actually watches this or not.  Personally, I could care less about watching stuff like this but others may actually like watching it.  dunno.

• DevilFireDevilFire Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I saw the premier but missed the last week. Lets see how this roll with the new balance patch. 3 elementalist where too damm powerful, nuking everyone in there way, even a guardian died in like 0.5 sec
  • MrSchnuffiMrSchnuffi Member Posts: 25
    I watched the matches but not on the live-stream. It's okay but I doubt that it will became significant in e-sports. Actually from a viewers POV Stracraft 2 is the most interesting esport to watch.
  • DevilFireDevilFire Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I'm not saying that it will be a good esports, only time can say but i hope ArenaNet starts to invest some money on sPvP to attract more attention.
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by MrSchnuffi
    I watched the matches but not on the live-stream. It's okay but I doubt that it will became significant in e-sports. Actually from a viewers POV Stracraft 2 is the most interesting esport to watch.

for me SC2 is just boring to watch, SC2 have many viewers thats true but its the only RTS game on esport? maybe thats why

but who knows maybe something change in the future
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I like GW2 and all, but I'm not a fan of watching anyone play video games unless it's buddies of mine and there is a bong amongst us.  Same goes with watching real sports on TV too.  I love actually playing football, baseball, and soccer (I suck at basketball), but I can't stand watching others play.  I would just rather play it than watch it.  That being said, I'm well aware about the money some of eSports players can make.  I still remember reading about Thresh in Rollingstone and how much of a baddass he was and the money he made at Quake back in the day.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by Rhonen
    Just curious if anyone ever actually watches this or not.  Personally, I could care less about watching stuff like this but others may actually like watching it.  dunno.

e-sports is bigger now than it's ever been, but yeah no. Many people (myself included) love GW2 but nobody really cares about its pvp scene that much

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Im not big into e-sports. I'll watch the alliance tournament in EVE, hell I actually look forward to it.

These guys arent 1/2 bad. They're not announcing or acting like idiots.

I think with a little more time I'd like to see them refine the show maybe a little more like what CCP does.

Talking about classes strategies between matches. What the different spells/abilities do and why and when should they be used.

Maybe they do that in the pregame show, not sure, Im not up that early.

But this is the second week Ive watched it, and if Im up early enough I'll watch it again next week.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Personally i think the problem is that there is no reward, you win a game and that is it... If there was some sort of rewards not only for top teams but also for people that like to pvp things would be far more interesting.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    As far as MMO's go: I'd rather seen in-game, player organized pvp tournaments.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    If they add a good ranking system, I could see GW2 pvp blowing up super quick.  Im suprised actually, the opportunity for esport is right there just some small additions.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    If they add a good ranking system, I could see GW2 pvp blowing up super quick.  Im suprised actually, the opportunity for esport is right there just some small additions.  

They do have a ranking system.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2