Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AA and lack of info?!?....

TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
....so it is me or does there just seem to be a lack of info from Trions part about this game. Look at all the recient info about Wildstar, And the rest of the games shown at E3. Wtf is trion doing?? Website is not even updated for the most part.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Comments

• liva98989liva98989 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Well, what do you wish to know? They aren't adding new content, they are just fitting the game to the western market. (And I don't know if you want to hear about what they translated in the game.) So it's not a question of holding back information, it's more a question of what information is there to give that you don't already know?

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by liva98989
    Well, what do you wish to know? They aren't adding new content, they are just fitting the game to the western market. (And I don't know if you want to hear about what they translated in the game.) So it's not a question of holding back information, it's more a question of what information is there to give that you don't already know?

Well Trion got the job months ago. Normal time to translate and release is about 6 to 8 months. They should be flooding the market with information, changes, pay model, time scale, and much more. Most that information about AA is in Korean, not English. Would be nice to see Trion have their AA site opened instead of their one page.

I really would like to know what Trion will be doing to the game, and what changes are made. Because if they are going to turn this game into your average cookie cutter console rpg game like most western mmo's this day in age, ill have to pass. If they are just doing translations, then it shouldn't take another 2 years ;)

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935
    It does indeed seem strange that they are so silent on it. If you watch the twitch streams that have popped up recently on the japanese Archeage, I think you will be far from impressed. Unless you like Tera/FFXIV.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

What I would like to see is almost anything.

-New Names for the Skill or Profession trees? They flashed them briefly in the E3 vid, but not clear enough to see well.

-The Russian and Japanese teams have no problem saying "We have translated xx%" 

-Long before the Chinese Beta started they were running contests, or seeking player input.

It was only this last week they even added AA to their list of games.

What have we gotten so far from Trion? Silence...   Sure, I trust they are doing good work behind the scenes, that they are doing the right things, that they aren't turning it into some kiddie dancing Ewok fest. But it would be nice to see something on their website, screenshots, the typical game info FAQ, even as little as a link echoing the XLGames English Archeage page, all the usual. Problem is, 5 months and 1 day after they announced being publisher they can barely be bothered to even say, "Hi we are all still alive at Trion AA". 

As well, where is even a trace of the marketing? Many news sites are just learning about AA and so have massive amounts of mis-info. When I try and talk AA to various MMO player communities, many have barely heard of AA, and some not at all. I had hoped for something more like the work up to Rift, forums, web presences, active chatter.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by TheJoda
    ....so it is me or does there just seem to be a lack of info from Trions part about this game. Look at all the recient info about Wildstar, And the rest of the games shown at E3. Wtf is trion doing?? Website is not even updated for the most part.

By now you should know all about the freaking game, the game had no nda and it's out in Asia.

It's the same freaking game.

• rondericronderic Member Posts: 56

Give Trion a break. The game hasn't been released in Asia yet and they may well be lots of last minute changes/updates. And as somebody with experience in translating games - it is not so simple as it seems.

Personally I will be interested to see if Trion keeps the super graphic (physics) performance (female breasts wobble and bounce from side to side while running). Am not sure if an american company is going to be able to market that, lol.

You can please some MMO-players all of the time and you can please all MMO-players some of the time but you can't please all MMO-players all of the time.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

By now you should know all about the freaking game, the game had no nda and it's out in Asia.

...really?   release dates? beta dates? payment model? .....ya we know it all already your right.

....anything would be nice.  We don't know jack.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by ronderic
    Give Trion a break. The game hasn't been released in Asia yet and they may well be lots of last minute changes/updates. And as somebody with experience in translating games - it is not so simple as it seems.

Personally I will be interested to see if Trion keeps the super graphic (physics) performance (female breasts wobble and bounce from side to side while running). Am not sure if an american company is going to be able to market that, lol.

ArcheAge has been live in Korea for 6+ months now, by the way...lol

I have to admit even I am starting to become concerned at the complete lack of info coming from Trion. With the lack of info many media sites are spreading miss info about the game all over the place.

I mean can we at least get a proper website with official forms at least ?

Originally posted by Kumapon

Originally posted by ronderic

ArcheAge has been live in Korea for 6+ months now, by the way...lol

I have to admit even I am starting to become concerned at the complete lack of info coming from Trion. With the lack of info many media sites are spreading miss info about the game.

I mean can we at least get a proper website with official forms at least ?

...^ this+1

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

...really?   release dates? beta dates? payment model? .....ya we know it all already your right.

Since the game is F2P in Korea, and Trions recent shift to F2P for Rift, it would be safe to assume that ArcheAge will be F2P as well, very slim chance it will be B2P, and imo zero chance it will be P2P.

The F2P model in Korea is NOT Free. While you can level a character to Level 50, a Free player cannot pay taxes and so cannot own property, cannot earn Labor points and so cannot craft or gather or even complete many of the quests. They need to sub to get beyond the grind mobs and nothing more stage.

So, more properly Free-To-Try.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    Originally posted by DMKano

The F2P model in Korea is NOT Free. While you can level a character to Level 50, a Free player cannot pay taxes and so cannot own property, cannot earn Labor points and so cannot craft or gather or even complete many of the quests. They need to sub to get beyond the grind mobs and nothing more stage.

So, more properly Free-To-Try.

Yeah, this isn't EQ2 or WoW.

I wouldn't even try AA without the gathering, crafting, trade runs, property management, naval/siege construction, etc..   Those are the things that make this game stand out.