Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A ruined experience

Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

AoW has left a bitter taste behind despite having been an enjoyable game. Any advice on my next step? Give up? I don't want to do that. After they closed my ticket they still hadn't fixed the bug so my character is still broken, and I still have a good amount of top-up gold, remnants of real money spent that I cannot put to any use...

Have a look at my customer service ticket.

I feel a bit cheated honestly. The time I invested being one, and a good amount of REAL money put into the game is definitely a big one. Customer support is supposed to exist to resolve problems, not dust them to the side. I see this whole event as a failure on on the part of SnailGames. Its a failure on the ethical level, and on a level that they failed to provide even a reasonable level of service.

This is an example of support that sees an earnest request, and they just don't give a ****

Comments

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

I don't get the problem here.  There's no bug with that quest, it's been completed by players hundreds  - if not thousands of times.  It's been months since I've been at that level, so I'm not going to be terribly helpful but perhaps another lower level can assist?

Also, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that a company won't refund partial gold amounts.

I don't mean to be harsh, but this really sounds like you didn't understand the quest and then tried to get a partial refund when a GM refused to spoon feed you.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

That sucks to hear.  I'm not surprised about the bugs either.  I remember their 2nd internal unlock event was either bugged or bad design on my server due to there only being one item that dropped only once to finish the required tasks by the schools.  In this case it was a torch that a boss dropped.  Needless to say, when it came time to use the torch no one claimed to have the torch in theirs bags. Of course a lot of accusations starting raging in chat about how some scrub looted the torch then sold it to a member of another school.  I think the torch was supposed to be bound so not sure if it was actually sold or not.  I'm guessing not.  The problem is though that another boss never spawned again in order for another chance to loot the torch.  My school, RG at the time, was actually in the lead for the whole event and all we needed was that bloody torch but we were stymied because of that one item. 

I had left the game before the 3rd internals unlocked but I remember reading about on the official forums how that was bugged too.  I'm sure it eventually got resolved but that is just part of a long series of missteps on Snail's part.  I'm also not surprised they are keeping your money.  I know of other games that have given people full refunds for the whole purchase price of their game just becuase the player decided they didn't like the game, but Snail won't even budge for restoring hacked items or refunding someone's top up, no matter how much or little that person gave to Snail in good faith.  I'm sure these types of business practices and game management works fine in the Eastern market, but they still have a ways to go to conform to the Western market if they want to deal over here successfully.  That's just basic business sense.

I have said it before several times and I will say it again.  AoW is not a bad game.  It has it's flaws, but what game doesn't?  The thing that is going to ultimately be AoW's downfall (or at least stump it's growth) is the piss poor management of Snail.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Alamareth

I don't get the problem here.  There's no bug with that quest, it's been completed by players hundreds  - if not thousands of times.  It's been months since I've been at that level, so I'm not going to be terribly helpful but perhaps another lower level can assist?

Also, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that a company won't refund partial gold amounts.

I don't mean to be harsh, but this really sounds like you didn't understand the quest and then tried to get a partial refund when a GM refused to spoon feed you.

I have several transactions that have built to what I have in gold right now. They should be able to refund based on those. This situation is anything but reasonable. I understand the quest perfectly well. Complete GCC, turn quest in. I received the quest completed status on side of my UI when I finished GCC and I turned in quest. I even SAW the reward which was the book I needed to progress my internal. It said in the SYSTEM menu that I received the item, but it was not placed into my inventory, anywhere. I looked through every bag a dozen times, and I had plenty of space when I completed the quest.

Please, read the contents of the ticket carefully before siding with Snail. I've been playing on red-phoenix since week one and am a prior beta tester who has helped add tutorials to the AOW wikia. I know how to spot broken. I'm sure it's a rare occurrence, but it happened.

They failed to address the issue, and completely disregard the damage it has caused both with the investment of time AND the wasted money due to no fault of my own. My frustration and upset over Snail-Games is reasonable.

Originally posted by rodingo

I have said it before several times and I will say it again.  AoW is not a bad game.  It has it's flaws, but what game doesn't?  The thing that is going to ultimately be AoW's downfall (or at least stump it's growth) is the piss poor management of Snail.

Agreed. I feel cheated, as anyone in my circumstance would. Nobody would  willingly dump $100 into a game that they knew would have a major progression breaking bug that forced them quit progression and then lose interest in playing.

Age of Wushu is a great game, with management that allows issues with the game to victimize it's players, while doing nothing about it. It's unfortunate. This is no small loss, I keep thinking about how much food I could buy with the money that was blown, on something that would have been worth it to me for enjoyment, had I not been forced into this situation.

The lack of empathy or anything regarding their service is unsettling. I understand it being impersonal, but a downright callous way of dealing with major customer concerns?

Originally posted by denshing

I have several transactions that have built to what I have in gold right now. They should be able to refund based on those. This situation is anything but reasonable. I understand the quest perfectly well. Complete GCC, turn quest in. I received the quest completed status on side of my UI when I finished GCC and I turned in quest. I even SAW the reward which was the book I needed to progress my internal. It said in the SYSTEM menu that I received the item, but it was not placed into my inventory, anywhere. I looked through every bag a dozen times, and I had plenty of space when I completed the quest.

Please, read the contents of the ticket carefully before siding with Snail. I've been playing on red-phoenix since week one and am a prior beta tester who has helped add tutorials to the AOW wikia. I know how to spot broken. I'm sure it's a rare occurrence, but it happened.

They failed to address the issue, and completely disregard the damage it has caused both with the investment of time AND the wasted money due to no fault of my own. My frustration and upset over Snail-Games is reasonable.

I'd be more open to believe this if the track record for such reports were not so absolutely dismal.  A few questions:

1) Did you buy any of your inner levels, or have you followed the quest exclusively?

2) What school are you playing?

3) Did you lose the quest when you supposedly turned it in and received nothing?

At worst, you can simply purchase the inner levels if you found a bug that is pretty much unheard of previously.  Your progress isn't completely halted.

I'd be more open to believe this if the track record for such reports were not so absolutely dismal.  A few questions:

1) Did you buy any of your inner levels, or have you followed the quest exclusively?

2) What school are you playing?

3) Did you lose the quest when you supposedly turned it in and received nothing?

At worst, you can simply purchase the inner levels if you found a bug that is pretty much unheard of previously.  Your progress isn't completely halted.

1: All quest

2: Its in the ticket

3: ticket

Last part is something I hadn't really considered. It would probably be a pain to find though. Thanks for the suggestion.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Last part is something I hadn't really considered. It would probably be a pain to find though. Thanks for the suggestion.

That's a very expensive work around (keep in mind that prices are higher on the newer servers than on Blue Dragon) or several weeks worth of spying for the weekly school cert reward.   If you go that route I hope that it ends up being worth it for you.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

That's a very expensive work around (keep in mind that prices are higher on the newer servers than on Blue Dragon) or several weeks worth of spying for the weekly school cert reward.   If you go that route I hope that it ends up being worth it for you.

What are you talking about?  The cost of buying the 2nd inner is only certificates, of which the OP should have near 1000 if he has diligently played the game.  Compared to the third inner, the 2nd inner is absolute chump change.

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

Snail has no customer service to speak of. I put in a ticket a month ago without even a response. I think it's well accepted that Snail USA has little no customer service.

I am guessing the work around Almaroth suggested might work. Blaming the player is just bad taste though. I know it is many AAA companies policy not to refund lost items though.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

What are you talking about?  The cost of buying the 2nd inner is only certificates, of which the OP should have near 1000 if he has diligently played the game.  Compared to the third inner, the 2nd inner is absolute chump change.

There's so many thing wrong with that comment.

A: Games aren't jobs

B: Everyone has different playstyles

C: Certificates aren't necessary, at least in most cases. In my case they are I suppose.

D: Supporting B. People don't have to play a certain way in order to be 'diligent', and what is classified as diligent game play is subjective anyway. The word itself isn't common in the mmo world, and most would probably latch to the term hardcore in it's place, which is by and far not necessary to get a good experience out of AoW.

I didn't grind certificates, hardly at all actually. I still maintained my strength level and school rank ahead of the majority of players, despite starting the released version after one week of having been released.

I went off topic there, so back on track we will get.

I shouldn't have to purchase anything relating to Snail-Games at this point. If in some Utopian world they wanted to make amends, they'd need to give me GM powers.

Originally posted by terroni

Snail has no customer service to speak of. I put in a ticket a month ago without even a response. I think it's well accepted that Snail USA has little no customer service.

I am guessing the work around Almaroth suggested might work. Blaming the player is just bad taste though. I know it is many AAA companies policy not to refund lost items though.

That brings a sense of grey area. Can you call it an item that was lost when it never appeared in my inventory, despite saying I received it in systems log? I don't really think it would hurt a business practice to either give me the item, or get to the root of the cause, which apparently doesn't fit into their definition of 'customer service'.

I feel that the business practice is very, very overly rigid, uncaring, and limited in scope to what they can and cannot do. To a point where it's not really a proper service at all, to which end they are failing to meet the expectations of the very definition of the title (customer service)

I'd argue a bunch of them should go back to college and pick up some courses to teach them a little more about the inner workings of good business practice and give them some perspective on it. Closed minded business policies are almost always weaker than ones that are structured with positive means that benefit both the business and consumer side. Not to mention that many gaming companies seem to have lost all relation to the consumer to begin with. The people they are making the games for only come into the equation when lining up statistics charts. It's an insane business practice, and it's the consumers that pay the price that really matters.

I've learned a valuable lesson from this experience. Although I'd rather have that money back.

There's so many thing wrong with that comment.

A: Games aren't jobs

B: Everyone has different playstyles

C: Certificates aren't necessary, at least in most cases. In my case they are I suppose.

D: Supporting B. People don't have to play a certain way in order to be 'diligent', and what is classified as diligent game play is subjective anyway. The word itself isn't common in the mmo world, and most would probably latch to the term hardcore in it's place, which is by and far not necessary to get a good experience out of AoW.

I didn't grind certificates, hardly at all actually. I still maintained my strength level and school rank ahead of the majority of players, despite starting the released version after one week of having been released.

I went off topic there, so back on track we will get.

I shouldn't have to purchase anything relating to Snail-Games at this point. If in some Utopian world they wanted to make amends, they'd need to give me GM powers.

It would have taken you less than 15 minutes a day to achieve that token amount over 10 weeks or so.  Sure, games aren't a job but there are good and bad ways of playing.  If you've chosen the least efficient route, expect to get screwed (perhaps that word is more fitting than "diligent"). 

If you didn't grind certificates, be prepared to drop at least 5D for your 3rd inner.  You are in for one seriously rude awakening if you don't think certificates are required.  To get level 31-36 of your third inner, it takes 1,260 certificates.

The last few levels of the 2nd inner also require certificates, but in a far lower quantity than the 3rd inner.  That's why I said simply buying the last few levels to make up for whatever issue you are having is relatively low and simple to do.

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

It would have taken you less than 15 minutes a day to achieve that token amount over 10 weeks or so.  Sure, games aren't a job but there are good and bad ways of playing.  If you've chosen the least efficient route, expect to get screwed (perhaps that word is more fitting than "diligent"). 

If you didn't grind certificates, be prepared to drop at least 5D for your 3rd inner.  You are in for one seriously rude awakening if you don't think certificates are required.  To get level 31-36 of your third inner, it takes 1,260 certificates.

The last few levels of the 2nd inner also require certificates, but in a far lower quantity than the 3rd inner.  That's why I said simply buying the last few levels to make up for whatever issue you are having is relatively low and simple to do.

I think all of that is besides the point. To your point though, according to bcbully you can play the game however you like...

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    I play the beta of this game and really launch,.snail games are horrid for customer service.and assistance. I will never buy the game with company again

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Originally posted by terroni

I think all of that is besides the point. To your point though, according to bcbully you can play the game however you like...

He's still right.  You can always buy the tokens.

I just took the liberty of assuming that you didn't do the research required to play the market to significant ding-per-day advantage.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    like Alamareth said You can buy them or get from other events but in smaller amount, and they are necessary not only internals but also 6-8lvls of 3 basic clan styles