Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miguel Caron confirmed 4 for Space Marines chapters at launch. Who do you want represented?

Comments

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

Lead us from death to victory, 

from falsehood to truth.

Lead us from despair to hope, 

from faith to slaughter.

Lead us to His strength 

and an eternity of war.

Let His wrath fill our hearts,

death, blood and war;

in vengeance serve the Emperor

In the name of Dorn!

SUFFER NOT THE UNCLEAN TO LIVE

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

LET THE WRETCHED GALAXY BURN

WE ARE CHAOS AND WE WILL PURGE ORDER FROM EXISTENCE

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    Originally posted by Maquiame

Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Black Templars and Salamanders

Salamanders with their coal black skin and red eyes would look awesome in a game, especially if you give them dredlocks on top of that. (The Salamanders are the "African/carrbean" legion but due to a gene seed defect they now have coal black skin)

im 99% certain if they say the salamanders are coal black due to defective genetics in the current geopolitical litigation happy climate, theyll get sued for racism since they are the only not white space marines.

even if it was unintentional they made all space marines genetically altered giant white englishmen (remind anyone else of hitlers dream?)  so ya i dont see them wanting to open up this particular can of worms, theyll likely just weld on the helmets so you dont notice anyone having a skin color at all.

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

PS, if that wasn't reason enough for Black Templars, this guy should be.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Grotar89

4 chapters nice... More imperial dogs to kill.

Prepare to burn, heretic.

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

Adepta Sororitas

- Battle Sisters.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

My guess are the big four

Dark Angels (by the way... Once you find out were the name comes from you will never look at them the same way... )

Blood Angels

Space Wolfs

Ultramarines

Now the Templars are a good runner up as they have some spotlight on them in the past years. They are also a good pick due to not having Angels in their name.. This is a strike against Blood Angels... To similar to the Dark Angels.

Also now that i think of it the Blood Angels would have to have a special mechanic with the red thirst, so if i should go with logic replace the Bloods with the Templars. To bad they have such a horrid livery (well they were born out of a "shit we need something that is quick and photos decent.)

This have been a good conversation

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

The recent french interview said there has been some misunderstandings, and that all chapters will be present at launch.  

I'm guessing we'll get something closer to a generic space marine model, that you can customize to whatever chapter (official or made up) that your heart desires.

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181

given that the Dark Angels are already in there. i would like the other 3 to be:

Space Wolves

Salamanders

Flesh Tearers

if they do the same for chaos marines, i would love to see:

Night lords

Alpha Legion

Red Corsairs

• Valrak40kValrak40k Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by tawess

My guess are the big four

Dark Angels (by the way... Once you find out were the name comes from you will never look at them the same way... )

The name comes from an ancient order of Caliban Knights that hunted the beasts of Caliban, stories told that one day they would descent like Angels from the sky to help the people of Caliban.

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176

If they simply had every major chapter represented complete with customized armor and accessories (such as wolf pelts for Space Wolves and fiery decals for Salamanders) I'd be a-okay with this. But lets be honest here - thats a *lot* of equipment to model and texture.

Unless, of course, they 3D scan the already made models...

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    For the other three id like to see Space Wolves,Imperial fists,Black Templars
  • pettey4747pettey4747 Member Posts: 1
    You know the Dark Angels are based off Medevil Europe not native americans
  • RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

They meant CHAPTER not LEGION. 

Granted Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Ultramarines have Chapters that have taken on these names, it would be a complete waste of the 40k specific lore to neglect all the unique chapters that were realised in the Second Founding of Space Marin legions.

So IMO:

Dark Angels - They don't have any notable successor chapters...so I think we'll go with this chapter.

Flesh Tearers - These guys are hot news in 40k Lore. Would be great to see them represent Blood Angels

Soul Drinkers - Imperial Fists need some representation!

Ultramarines - Lol again the same story as Dark Angels

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    salamanders, a must be.
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Razephon

Granted Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Ultramarines have Chapters that have taken on these names, it would be a complete waste of the 40k specific lore to neglect all the unique chapters that were realised in the Second Founding of Space Marin legions.

So IMO:

Dark Angels - They don't have any notable successor chapters...so I think we'll go with this chapter.

Flesh Tearers - These guys are hot news in 40k Lore. Would be great to see them represent Blood Angels

Why the need to be unique?

And who on their sane mind would dish away Space Wolves or choose soul drinkers(allegedly extinct) over the badasses sons of dorn?

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176

So IMO:

I don't know much of the Flesh Tearers... except that they eat the adversaries they kill... If they were doing a FIst Chapter, why not simply add the Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, or Black Templars? I think they would be more obvious choices.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Whatever...they just left a different color of ash after a prism tank >_>
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Nonderyon
    Whatever...they just left a different color of ash after a prism tank >_>

Then Eldars must have wonderful trips when killing slaanesh followers then

All that vibrant multi-colored ash laying around

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Hmm since its only 4 its tricky to guess which they will use. But I think Imperial Fists will definitely have one of their chapters (Black Templars) represented.

What would also be quite cool is if they brought the Blood Ravens! Chapter into it. They've been the the chapter with the biggest hit in the video game space. Would be a waste IMO to not have em! Although I can definitely see some IP conflict issues. Not sure if Relic would be too pleased. 

Still...would love to see Gabriel Angelos and Captain Boreale comes back from the dead!!

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189

Hmm since its only 4 its tricky to guess which they will use. But I think Imperial Fists will definitely have one of their chapters (Black Templars) represented.

What would also be quite cool is if they brought the Blood Ravens! Chapter into it. They've been the the chapter with the biggest hit in the video game space. Would be a waste IMO to not have em! Although I can definitely see some IP conflict issues. Not sure if Relic would be too pleased. 

Still...would love to see Gabriel Angelos and Captain Boreale comes back from the dead!!

i say Ultramarines too, just check the official home page. ok, that didnt mean anything, but it would be a waste to not present them when they are on the front.... or something :P

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

Doesn't matter. They'll all drown in a sea of green!

WAAAGH!!!

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 427

I would like to see;

Iron Snakes;

Grey Knights (they are a full chapter, they just work for the Ordo Malleus);

Deathwatch (not really a chapter, but still cool); and

Black Templars.

I would imagine the Blood Angels and the Imperial Fists will be in the game when it launches. Fairly important first founding chapters.

• DiavorFKDiavorFK Member Posts: 5
    I would really like to see some red, yellow/gold space marines on the battlefield. Blood ravens for exampel, but I voted Ultramarines because of "WH40K Space Marine"
  • SavijSavij Member Posts: 341

in the interview miguel said that there will be all chapters :O

that sounds so lorebreaking to me >.<

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij