Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Things that would make this game great

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

So, when in an interview they said they were pushing the release back to 2014 to listen to player feedback I was pretty ecstatic.

If you were like me at the start and didn't like the direction they were taking the game, now is the time to sign up for the beta if you haven't and make your position known.  

Things I personally think they need to change

1. Unit collision- This is huge for pvp, right now apparently there is no unit collision which really kills realism in larger pvp battles.  For example, in large engagements you would want shield bearers in front of your squishy archers so to speak to protect them, but I don't want people walking through me, kills realism and limits tactics.

2. Faction shenanigans gone, alignments in- They said your going to be able to have the other two factions in your guild, but still fight them in cyrodil? I want the story to be real and drive me to kill other players, this kills immersion and quite frankly doesn't make any sense. Like your in guild..but all of a sudden I hate you in this particular area?  Faction lock guilds, add alignments.  Maybe even potentially you can be not friendly with all alliances and be rogue and live in cyrodil? Something awesome along those lines.  

3. Cyrodil needs to be amazing- If your going to have only one land mass to pvp on, it better be great or there wont be a pvp community.  

4. Different PVE- There was talk of raids inititally in this game....I'm all for players working together to slay a common threat, but I don't want them to replicate raids or anything for that matter from WoW.  

5. Exploration- From what I'm told the exploration in this game is going to be solid, still though it would be huge if they managed to screw it up. Thats what elder scrolls is about.  

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

So, when in an interview they said they were pushing the release back to 2014 to listen to player feedback I was pretty ecstatic.

If you were like me at the start and didn't like the direction they were taking the game, now is the time to sign up for the beta if you haven't and make your position known.  

1. Unit collision- This is huge for pvp, right now apparently there is no unit collision which really kills realism in larger pvp battles.  For example, in large engagements you would want shield bearers in front of your squishy archers so to speak to protect them, but I don't want people walking through me, kills realism and limits tactics.

2. Faction shenanigans gone, alignments in- They said your going to be able to have the other two factions in your guild, but still fight them in cyrodil? I want the story to be real and drive me to kill other players, this kills immersion and quite frankly doesn't make any sense. Like your in guild..but all of a sudden I hate you in this particular area?  Faction lock guilds, add alignments.  Maybe even potentially you can be not friendly with all alliances and be rogue and live in cyrodil? Something awesome along those lines.  

3. Cyrodil needs to be amazing- If your going to have only one land mass to pvp on, it better be great or there wont be a pvp community.  

4. Different PVE- There was talk of raids inititally in this game....I'm all for players working together to slay a common threat, but I don't want them to replicate raids or anything for that matter from WoW.  

5. Exploration- From what I'm told the exploration in this game is going to be solid, still though it would be huge if they managed to screw it up. Thats what elder scrolls is about.  

1. Unit collision would be nice, but I believe there are some issues with doing that in MMOs. Such as players blocking areas as an example. Now it would be cool if this can be fixed by allowing other players to push other players. Move them or something like that. They do this in many online multiplayer games, not sure why they do not use this method in MMOs.

2. I don't find this much of an issue actually. It does not ruin immersion if you simply view the guilds as an outside influence of the real world. In other words, your friends in the real world, but not inside the game. Think of it like using an IM client with a chat feature. I mean really, that is all guilds really are anyway. Basically I am saying it isn't your normal guild system you would see in an MMO, it's slightly different do to the way the game works.

3. Agreed

4. Agreed, I want them to keep PVE as lore friendly as possible, things that make sense and feel like an Elder Scrolls game.

5. From what I heard, it is just as you said. I think ESO will have one of the best explorations in any MMO. I really can't imagine them messing up this portion of the game since it already sounds good.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

Open World, Full loot PvP + ESO PvE = The greatest game ever created.  Hell with just open world full loot pvp I am having a blast in Dark Fall Unholy Wars.  Imagine if PvE is put into the mix!

And the siege and PvP in Cyrodiil must suppress anything else we have seen in DAOC, Shadowbane, or Dark Fall.  I attached Darkfall video for demo below.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• MoonBeansMoonBeans Member Posts: 173
    i hope they improve the character models, because currently they look  like they were done in the 1990. 
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by MoonBeans
    i hope they improve the character models, because currently they look  like they were done in the 1990. 

1990 ? Meh .. I bet even dinosaurs had better looking models in their pc games !

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Open World, Full loot PvP + ESO PvE = The greatest game ever created.  Hell with just open world full loot pvp I am having a blast in Dark Fall Unholy Wars.  Imagine if PvE is put into the mix!

And the siege and PvP in Cyrodiil must suppress anything else we have seen in DAOC, Shadowbane, or Dark Fall.  I attached Darkfall video for demo below.

Worst pvp I've seen in a game o.O 

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

1. Unit collision isn't more immersive unless they are in blocking mode (even blocking mode should be checked and balanced) as the dynamics of the human body aren't going to be realistically represented in a game. There are limitations to what they can impliment technologically so immersion should be carefully considered along with these limitations.

2. I am figuring they don't want scenerios where one alliance has such a supreme advantage over another by sheer numbers that it turns out to be a huge fiasco upsetting the playerbase. You have to consider the developers for PvP are from DAoC and look what happened to that game early on. There has to be balancing factors involved so everyone participating in PvP scenerios is going to be considered and going to have a chance, instead of staying near guards at the entrance to Cryodiil from their alliance lands much like what happened in DAoC. Also this is a game of players wanting to explore and experience more then their own alliance and simply wanting to have fun as this is all lighthearted fun for everyone, isn't it?

3) Cryodiil will be amazing as it is a huge part of the game dynamic and surely endgame playability factors have to be considered as well. Im sure there will be every form of PvP immersive qualities tied in with this zone for strategy and tactics to come into play for groups, raids, and solo players.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/game-guide/alliances

When I look at the map on their website it sure looks much bigger then each of the alliance areas and there could be many fronts a player could choose to where to fight and pick their strategies, allies, and tactics therein.

4) Well they are using instancing which is a WoW dynamic and I don't see this as being something bad as it was purely for PvE consideration and enjoyment factor for set solo/group/raid encounters and technological considerations. I would rather see PvE being instanced to allow for alot more PvP immersion and depth; Wouldn't you? At least early on, I highly doubt PvE raiding will be as indepth as WoW was in its heyday.

5) From what has been leaked Tamriel is massive to explore as it should be as an Elder Scrolls game. This is why I want to play characters on all alliances without issues, as I am sure many will do the same, then I can pick and choose what I want to do and when from there. Im sure alot of nostalgia from the Elder Scrolls legacy is going to be all over for fans of previous titles to enjoy thoroughly.

my 5

1) Immersive Siege Equipment; setup/collapse, movement across various terrain, customization/design/types, control and range indicators, damage (outgoingt/incoming) , construction/repair, etc...simply said badass and awesome siege warfare but costly in resources and funds

2) Water; Underwater areas to explore in instances and outside as well, Immersive underwater/overwater PvP, Boats/Ships, Stealthing through water, Water Apparatuses, Underwater MOBs of all types and sizes to consider instead of disregarding, Heard mention to fishing and I hope its awesome, etc....

3) Real Time Immersive Dodging, Evasion, Mitigation, Movement, Attacking, Spellcasting, Throwing, etc...so attack, defensive, counterattacks, and utility maneuvers are carefully considered along with stamina, health and mana therein.

4) Much more then several optimum PvP builds/templates, factors, weapons, tools, etc... to prevent cookie cutter suggested/recommended types players cater to gain advantages in PvP which imo would ruin immersiveness, excitement and anticipation in PvP.

5) Heres hoping PvE is more along the lines of previous elder scrolls titles instead of content easily run through by players as is most MMORPGs. Please don't make every encounter, instance, treasure, etc... the same for every player/group/raid cuz there will be websites, spoilers, cheats, etc...shortly after release and it will ruin a huge part of gameplay for much of your fanbase (as they are from your strictly PvE glorydays). Tamriel needs to be alive, dynamic, interactive, immersive, exciting, enthralling, etc...so a player/group/raid can have much different experiences and outcomes and adventures in the same themepark, so to speak.

Darkfall Unholy Wars is funny and reminds me of Shadowbane...hrmmm wondered why they shut it down in 2009...gee I wonder where that development team ventured off to...go figure and Wheres my freakin TShirt you posers?

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

I played DFUW. Awesome combat and seiging but my main problems were with 1. Prowess grinding is the worst form of progression ever made in an MMO and 2. Theres no reason to not to kill other players, leaving no sand in the sandbox.  One of the first DFUW videos posted on these forums was from me :P trust me I gave the game a very fair chance, and I do miss it at times.  Anyway try to keep the thread ESO related :D 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Kuanshu

my 5

1) Immersive Siege Equipment; setup/collapse, movement across various terrain, customization/design/types, control and range indicators, damage (outgoingt/incoming) , construction/repair, etc...simply said badass and awesome siege warfare but costly in resources and funds

2) Water; Underwater areas to explore in instances and outside as well, Immersive underwater/overwater PvP, Boats/Ships, Stealthing through water, Water Apparatuses, Underwater MOBs of all types and sizes to consider instead of disregarding, Heard mention to fishing and I hope its awesome, etc....

3) Real Time Immersive Dodging, Evasion, Mitigation, Movement, Attacking, Spellcasting, Throwing, etc...so attack, defensive, counterattacks, and utility maneuvers are carefully considered along with stamina, health and mana therein.

4) Much more then several optimum PvP builds/templates, factors, weapons, tools, etc... to prevent cookie cutter suggested/recommended types players cater to gain advantages in PvP which imo would ruin immersiveness, excitement and anticipation in PvP.

5) Heres hoping PvE is more along the lines of previous elder scrolls titles instead of content easily run through by players as is most MMORPGs. Please don't make every encounter, instance, treasure, etc... the same for every player/group/raid cuz there will be websites, spoilers, cheats, etc...shortly after release and it will ruin a huge part of gameplay for much of your fanbase (as they are from your strictly PvE glorydays). Tamriel needs to be alive, dynamic, interactive, immersive, exciting, enthralling, etc...so a player/group/raid can have much different experiences and outcomes and adventures in the same themepark, so to speak.

Darkfall Unholy Wars is funny and reminds me of Shadowbane...hrmmm wondered why they shut it down in 2009...gee I wonder where that development team ventured off to...go figure and Wheres my freakin TShirt you posers?

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. Agreed, though like I said unit collision would make all of that a lot easier to become reality.

4. Agreed, hoping for varied build system that can stay balanced

5. Agreed, Like I said I don't want anything WOW related in the slightest.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

The combat looks solid, the character skills system is great and the DAoC style RvR system (as long as Darkness Falls dungeon is implemented) are good if you're into PvP but that's about as far as I can go with any accolades.  Here is my 5 things they need to add t make me say Ohh and ahhh!

1. Player Housing, this is a staple of Elder Scrolls and 1 of the best non combat related MMO systems to be implemented.
    2. Some sort of Alternate Advancement system for PvE, they've already said there's something like DAoC's Realm Rank system for PvP but we need a robust PvE AA (Alternate Advancement) system.
    3. Endgame PvE content for groups, they either need to release information about the planned Adventure Zones or implement some sort of Dynamic open world raid system.
    4. hundreds, if not thousands of styles of Armor and Weapon skins to find.  Stat increase optional (although I do prefer loot grinds, there needs to be some reason to PvE)
    5. Insure the open world Points of Interest exploration centric content is as robust and detailed as the previous 3 TES games.  From understanding the open world POI's aren't as varied and aren't as many as Skyrim.  There needs to be hundreds of POI's like Dungeons, caves, grotto's, ruins. castles, keeps, areas to explore to even be considered an Elder Scrolls game.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142

#1-5

I think at this point they just need to pull a FFXiV and go back to the drawing board.   ESO ARR!