Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it too late to start

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
So like the title says is it to late for me to start and even be able to survive I know joining a clan will be important but will I always be weaker than everyone else?

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

No, not at all.

It will take you 7-30 days to pretty much complete your first role, depending on how hardcore you go at it.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    ok I was thinking about making a mage or whatever its called and suggestions on the class?
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by Abimor
    ok I was thinking about making a mage or whatever its called and suggestions on the class?

You can switch role and try all 4 after the tutorial section. 

The mage class is good for those who likes range but not very good at aiming. They are squishy. 

Skirm is good for those who are FPS pro.  They have high mobility.

Warrior are OP and for those who like melee but they are very expensive to maintain. 

Prim are healers and they pound their chest during huge 200 vs 200 siege or small pvp 10 vs 10 because they decide the final outcome of most battles more or less.

As for catching up, there is no such thing. DFUW is sandbox type game.  You can full fill many roles. 

I have seen many 5k prowess beating 40k .  If you are good in pvp then don't worry too much about catching up.  Surviving from the wolves in the wild is a meta game by itself.

Watch the video below.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

They are really weak in the beginning. Once you get high prowess you become a beast, but they are glass cannons so expect to die a lot early game . I personally prefer Fire over Water.

I would also suggest going skirmisher first, for escape abilities and easy crafting. Warriors are probably the easiest role to play.  

Test each role before committing prowess. You should put points into common skills and harvesting skills first, while you test out each role in the noobie zone.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I made a Siege-ready Mage in 1 week:

110 int

60 in Fire School - 50 in all fire spells, including Magma Bomb and Heatstroke

I still have 800 prowess sitting ready in case i want to start saving up for a crafting mastery.

So no, it's not too late. Get in with a good clan. Have fun  :)

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    well after the responses I am downloading it as we speak I bought it through steam.
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    well after the responses I am downloading it as we speak I bought it through steam.

Introduce yourself in the steam forum of Darkfall.  There are a lot of guys that are willing to help out new players.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• kingsnuffkingsnuff Member Posts: 73

I have played an Elementalist (mage) since the beta started for the most part, I took time with every class and the Primalist I played over a month for the  final days of beta. I have played the Elementalist exclusively since launch. They are a difficult class to master in pvp, easy for pve. They are overpowered at the start for pve and pvp but taper off around 20k prowess in the overpowered status. Fire primary mages do pretty well against warriors (and others), every other school (water air)  does decent against primalist and skirmishers but warriors are very difficult to beat. If you like a challenge and fun gameplay I recommend it. If you want an easier time the warrior is a slow build up but once you are at 35k prowess you are amazing pve and pvp if you place your points right. The skirmisher is a decent role against all classes, the best escape artist by far (hit and run tactics).

If you are having a hard time starting off, you can join a larger clan to get help pushing your xp gains quicker. I loved playing mostly solo for a long while, but I'm in a clan to  get more high end content done.