Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anarchy Online: Celebrating its 12th Anniversary

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has announced that Anarchy Online is celebrating its twelfth big anniversary. The team will be celebrating the momentous occasion with several in game events that players won't want to miss.

To celebrate the anniversary, Funcom is inviting everyone to join the exciting celebrations in-game. A unique set of events will take place during the celebrations, where the rebel clans will fight for their freedom against the defending Omni-Tek. The Desert Nomads are also back, and in the Newland Desert, ‘The Tinker’ is back and is ready to make large and explosive gifts for her favorite enemy, ‘The Desert Rider’. Join her in her madness and take out the many ‘Desert Nomads’ to find parts of the many gifts she wants to make! To learn more about the celebrations, please visit the official website.

Read the full press release on the Anarchy Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Wow 12 years.

Congrats AO!

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    still no new engine so i pass on this
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Man this was my first real MMO (earth and beyond didn't count).  I absolutly loved this game!

Still remember getting chased around by the GOT training people in The temple of the winds.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Temple of the Winds was lovely. Especially for trolls, I guess.

Good to see AO still kind of alive, but I wish FC focused on it a bit more. It could've been great, but the focus on AoC killed it.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Originally posted by Stofftier
    still no new engine so i pass on this

+1 

I played this game from 2002 to 2005, when i quit back in 2005 they were already talking about an engine upgrade.  This is Funcom running joke.

• ReignsonReignson Member UncommonPosts: 21

AO has always been such an under-rated game.  It was amazingly innovative for its time, and invented a lot of the features that have become "standard" features and technology of the mmorpg genre.  Like AoC after it, AO suffered from one of the worst game launches in memory which really hurt it's fledgling player base, and caused the game to fall off of gamers' radar way too quickly.   

So thank you, and Happy Birthday Anarchy Online.  Some of us still remember what you have done for us.  (and yes, I promise to log in again if you do ever upgrade your game engine) 

• wizardelowizardelo Member Posts: 6

apart from whats said here, AO is giving a really nice subscription offer with 50% more gametime during the anniversary.

and stil no engine yea:(

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Congrats to AO, still love it.  But I wish the engine would show up, would have been a great anniversary surprise by them!

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    HBD AO!!!

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin