Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

d&d into diablo?

godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
Anyone else slightly offended how they managed to turn D&D into diablo? :x

---

Comments

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by godpuppet
    It is nothing like Diablo.
  • godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Originally posted by Allacore69

left click, right click activate skills?

---

• St_konkerSt_konker Member UncommonPosts: 27

left click, right click activate skills?

Diablo created this idea of left click and right click to activate skills? Wow impressive blizzard.

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91

Please go be fed somewhere else. :x

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355

Its nothing like D&D also

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Yeah, it is nothing like Diablo. 

You use right and left mouse buttons to attack in FPS games, and they are nothing like Diablo either. You also use other keys for various other abilities.

Allowing use of the mouse buttons for attacks is a good thing, and it is starting to become more popular in MMO's. I like the more action based combat.

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198

The only reason they are using the left and right mouse buttons that way is because they can.  In a traditional MMO the left and right mouse buttons are more or less reserved for character turning and camera turning.  Since this game uses "shooter" type character movement and targeting the left and right mouse buttons are now freed up for use.

Think of them as two extra key bindings for skills, that's all.

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

Its basically Diablo with a D&D theme.  

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Oh so it's like Dune II, I use left and right mouse button in that one! ;P
  • TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    It's like Windows 7. I use both left and right mouse buttons there.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

It most fucking certainly is.  A Diablo style hack n slash is the most common description made of the game as it is nothing like any real D&D title.  When people asked me how was it and I was hard pressed to described it accurately and Diablo sytle combat is the best I could come up with.  The core mechanics mirror diablo's in combat.

But yeah.... this game is NOT D&D.  While I am loyal to the D&D IP Pathfinder Online is something I'll be taking a close look at now in hopes that they accomplish where Cryptic utterly failed at.  That or hold faint hope that Turbine will reboot DDO like ANet did with GW, at least with Turbine they stayed as true to the rulebooks as much as they could and at least they accomplished that D&D feel.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Its as much like Diablo as it is like DOOM which its not, its actually more like Neverwinter Nights with action combat.
  • TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Not D&D?  I would think that the game mirrors 4th edition rules very well...  And it is not like Diablo..... 
  • Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Do you really want to manually loot corpses in an action based game?
  • ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by furbans

It most fucking certainly is.  A Diablo style hack n slash is the most common description made of the game as it is nothing like any real D&D title.  When people asked me how was it and I was hard pressed to described it accurately and Diablo sytle combat is the best I could come up with.  The core mechanics mirror diablo's in combat.

But yeah.... this game is NOT D&D.  While I am loyal to the D&D IP Pathfinder Online is something I'll be taking a close look at now in hopes that they accomplish where Cryptic utterly failed at.  That or hold faint hope that Turbine will reboot DDO like ANet did with GW, at least with Turbine they stayed as true to the rulebooks as much as they could and at least they accomplished that D&D feel.

For being so "loyal" to the IP, it seems you're completely ignorant of 4E, which is what Neverwinter is based off.

Personally I hate the game, passionately, but it does follow the rule books just as much as DDO does.

I look forward to your next self-invalidating post, though.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

I would say this game has nothing to do with ARPG game...however it might have been a brilliant take on ARPG games had they incorporated interesting loot, and a huge variety of loot into the game..

Actually I was shocked to hear how limited gear is in this game.

I really think that a game like this would have greatly benefitted from a deep loot system, catering to an ARPG crowd.  If for no other reason than possibly appealing to more people...not like adding a deep loot system is going to hurt the people who like it as is...and since there isn't much else to do other than grind dungeons it seems to make sense.

Im still just absolutely confused on their thought process for even making this game...what were they thinking using that IP for this game.  Not saying the game is bad but it just seems like they didn't plan out what they wanted for the game.  A dungeon grinder with the STO content creator?

Oh well, PWI is known for making low quality cash grabs.

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265
    how the hell is this action anything like diablo?? wtf these comparison are getting out of hand