Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love Neverwinter

GolinOrchGolinOrch Member Posts: 2

Just wanted to say that this game suits me perfectly. I don't have so much time to spend at my computer and  Neverwinter just kicks me right in the great familiar fantasy world of Faerun where I actually can fell some of the good old paper-rpg-thrill of adventuring in another world. 

And the Foundry is fantastic, some really good creativity coming from the community to further enchance the experience.

Thank you Cryptic for a great game!//Golin

Comments

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by GolinOrch

Just wanted to say that this game suits me perfectly. I don't have so much time to spend at my computer and  Neverwinter just kicks me right in the great familiar fantasy world of Faerun where I actually can fell some of the good old paper-rpg-thrill of adventuring in another world. 

And the Foundry is fantastic, some really good creativity coming from the community to further enchance the experience.

I also give this game some good praise. Hoping the foundry doesnt make excuse for lack of future content only.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

First post, seems a bit shrill-ish.

The game has a good foundation, but they need to capitalise on that quickly. The game needs:

• Revamped dungeons. Lots of adds is fine for one or two bosses, but it is beyond a gimmick in the game at the moment.  The boss fights are completely unmemorable because they are simply mob zergs. They recently released a video of all the boss battles without any adds, and it looked fantastic, apparently even their marketing team can see how diluted add zergs make the combat look.
    • Better rewards for participating in Foundry missions. Daily tokens or something. Considering how easy it is to just buy top tier gear with Astral Diamonds, I dont see the harm in making it accessable to Foundry players.
    • More classes and paragon paths, as soon as possible. Races are fine.  
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

One post praising Neverwinter in the wrong forums... Not suspicious at all. Not to mention the game isn't that great in my opinion. It's repetitive feeling as hell, instanced to death, and nothing that most fans of dungeons & dragons would call even close to alright.

Smile

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Yes, I'm tired of the forum trolls [on Neverwinter fourms] trying to get everyone to stop playing.  I can't tell if half what they say is right or made up.  Neverwinter is not the game I would have designed had I been given creative license but I can be happy with it.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Entropy14
    well glad you made an account just to tell us that, but too late this game is utter garbage

Garbage for one man is treasure for another.

You do realize that people have different preferences to video games? You preference is not "better" or "more valid" than his.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    How has this thread not been locked... This isn't even in the correct forums =.=;;

Smile

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

I liked the game too at first.

I even bought some more char slots and a bag (rage)

But the music and noise and flashing lights overwhelmed my sensitive senses. It's too fast paced for me. Loot is spraying forth from mobs, and is generally useless junk filling up your sparse inventory space faster than you can run back and forth to the vendor.

I just stopped logging on. I won't claim that key MMORPG.com is handing out, because someone else will probably like it. My bags are filled up with junk anyway.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by evilastro

First post, seems a bit shrill-ish.

The game has a good foundation, but they need to capitalise on that quickly. The game needs:

• Revamped dungeons. Lots of adds is fine for one or two bosses, but it is beyond a gimmick in the game at the moment.  The boss fights are completely unmemorable because they are simply mob zergs. They recently released a video of all the boss battles without any adds, and it looked fantastic, apparently even their marketing team can see how diluted add zergs make the combat look.
    • Better rewards for participating in Foundry missions. Daily tokens or something. Considering how easy it is to just buy top tier gear with Astral Diamonds, I dont see the harm in making it accessable to Foundry players.
    • More classes and paragon paths, as soon as possible. Races are fine.  

Yes, nefarious plot to create an account 3 months ago and post a short message he likes a game. Total shill mind control geared towards getting the masses to play a F2P game. The bastards!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• GolinOrchGolinOrch Member Posts: 2

Hmm I'm sorry but I'm a person, not a salesman, and I actually like the game. As I said I don't have much time so it fits me well right now. I'm also kind of sick with all the general whining on mmorpg.com, aren't we here because we like to play games? It's as if everyone is looking in the stars for the ultimate gaming experience instead of just playing and have fun! And it's just games, they are not supposed to be able to fulfill all your needs. Go and get a life and yes do some gaming now and then also.

And if I looked right this is the Pub forum where discussions about - games-  are supposed to happen. 

Actually no good sir. This would have been better posted in the Neverwinter section which is where all Neverwinter related posts should be.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    It is a good game or at least the Foundry is a fun tool.  The problem is that after creating or playing some of the better Foundry quests it makes Cryptic's effort appear really quite bland.  
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by kakasaki

Yes, nefarious plot to create an account 3 months ago and post a short message he likes a game. Total shill mind control geared towards getting the masses to play a F2P game. The bastards!

The masses are already playing F2P games. And if you think a glowing post on the internet will have any effect except may be get a few people to spend 10 min on the game, you have read too much science fiction.

In fact, there is only one sure effect if you praise something on the internet. You get the haters to come out to flame.

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by kakasaki

The masses are already playing F2P games. And if you think a glowing post on the internet will have any effect except may be get a few people to spend 10 min on the game, you have read too much science fiction.

In fact, there is only one sure effect if you praise something on the internet. You get the haters to come out to flame.

I guess the sarcasm was lost on you. Next time I'll add "/sarcasm off" at the end of my post...

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by nariusseldon Garbage for one man is treasure for another.

I take out the trash every Friday, I have yet had someone find a treasure in it.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    & Jesus wept...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I am a huge fan of the Foundry idea but it a VERY weak tool set ,so outdated that i didn't even bother to make anything.The whole game engine is actually out dated and it shows in the game play.

You are however correct,the ease of game play allows you to pop right in without thinking and do some quests, but in reality ,questing is pretty much all anyone does.Huge limitations on combat choices makes the game get boring after a short while.

I got several players to high 20's but when i went for 30+ i started to get really bored of the same old thing.It is actually pretty much a spam game,with maybe one powerful move that has you build up before you can use it,but then when you do it is on the same timer and same platform as another skill,so like i said VERY restrictive and limited to few options.

It is a game i would say is good for the f2p genre,i never felt inclined to spend any money at all,so if you are looking for a  game  in the f2p model but still has some fun value,it is a decent choice for sure.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    ive hopped from game to game for awhile and even left gw2 after a bit, But this game has kept me content since closed beta. I know it helps that i have a good active guild and run dungeons and pvp with them everyday. This game is very "solo" but the if you do group with friends and guild mates it makes much more fun and rewarding. 

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I like the game too.  It's where I'm going for my D&D.

You gotta be kidding. What part of this game, besides the word Neverwinter, is reminiscent of D&D?

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by HorrorScope
    Originally posted by nariusseldon Garbage for one man is treasure for another.
    I take out the trash every Friday, I have yet had someone find a treasure in it.

I threw out a broken guitar I got for free. I threw it away and some dude pulled up and took it and fixed it and it became his treasure. So in summation, eventhough you take the trash out every friday, are you staring out the window for hours waiting for somebody to go rummaging through it? If so then you have a sad life.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Golelorn
    Originally posted by Torvaldr I like the game too.  It's where I'm going for my D&D.
    You gotta be kidding. What part of this game, besides the word Neverwinter, is reminiscent of D&D?

Everything. You obviously do not know anything about D%D.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Razeekster

One post praising Neverwinter in the wrong forums... Not suspicious at all. Not to mention the game isn't that great in my opinion. It's repetitive feeling as hell, instanced to death, and nothing that most fans of dungeons & dragons would call even close to alright.

One post that claims Neverwinter is a bad game and attacks a person praising Neverwinter...Not suspicious at all.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    The only way I'll play this game again is if they take out the "feature" allowing NPCs in dungeons. It's great for soloing, but not in a dungeon.
  • lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Its over instanced to the point where a mount isn't even necessary......You can litterally level up just logging on to do your daily invocation, in just a matter of days......Its stupid transparent that their only goal is to change their zen into real money, your money into theirs.....image
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by lokiboard
    Its over instanced to the point where a mount isn't even necessary......You can litterally level up just logging on to do your daily invocation, in just a matter of days......Its stupid transparent that their only goal is to change their zen into real money, your money into theirs.....image

While I agree that invocation gives way too much experience, that shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I love the Foundry :)

It's something I hope that more and more MMOs will pick up on: handing development over to the players.

Yes, it's an investment, but it's an investment with potentially infinite yield in return.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2