Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Live Interview with Mike Donatelli TODAY!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hot on the heals of the recently revealed CBT3 patch notes, Carbine's Mike Donatelli will be sitting down with our own Rob Lashley to talk about the game's beta progress, new features, PVP, and much much more.  It all happens at 3pm PT, 6pm ET on 6/27. Tune in on our live-stream page to catch all the details!

The MMORPG.com Livestream Page

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Question for Mike Donatelli : Mike with so many mmorpgs crossplatforming to next gen consoles, what do you think the chances are Wildstar makes its way to the ps4 or xbox one?
  • steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by Battlerock
    Question for Mike Donatelli : Mike with so many mmorpgs crossplatforming to next gen consoles, what do you think the chances are Wildstar makes its way to the ps4 or xbox one?

if its zero ill be far far happier

1) how long does it take to get to max lvl

2) how are you handling dynamic events and scaling for area population

3) whats the non arena pvp like

4) how many months do you expect it to take for the 1st raid dungeon to get cleared

5) when do you plan to release the rest of your races and classes?

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Edit: Cause they are answering questions....

When will we see anything about crafting?

Most MMOs have adopted a token system far as itemization goes for PvP and raid loot. How will Wildstar handle it?

You have housing but will there be guild bases?

Any info on the last races/classes?

Does each race have its own starting zones? I felt this always gave a MMO great replay value.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• Silver_PepperSilver_Pepper Member Posts: 1

Some questions, if questions are being taken. If not, ignore the following wall of text. Getting a collection of questions from various friends interested in the game.

1) It seems that the Settler path (if they get experience from people using the stuff they make) might be considered at an advantage on higher populated servers, while suffering most of all the paths from lower populated servers. Is this likely to be an issue? If so, how do you plan to address it?

2) Linking on to the above question, and concerning Settlers again: I assume there's a limit to the amount of upgrades that can go onto a quest hub. What happens on highly populated servers when all the upgrades have been done? Will those people that "didn't get there first" be at a disadvantage?

3) Will it be possible to communicate cross-faction?

4) How will gear (and gear drops) work? Looking at the class pages, each class can only use one 'type' of weapon - will these weapons drop as weapons, or as an item that turns into a weapon according to the class using it? Will weapons drop at all?

5) A friend expressed concerns about the dodge mechanic and ranged classes in PVP - that it would make it possible for ranged classes to infinitely kite melee classes. Will there be some sort of affect on the ranged classes that means that they are able to dodge less often? Or will this be a non-issue?

6) Will there be open world PVP? If so, will there be anything in place to stop rampant ganking of low levels?

7) Mounts! Will there be flying mounts?

8) Warplots. How are warplots going to work? Are they actual places in-game, or semi-instanced like player housing? How do fights between 'warplots' work?
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

Please feel free to give me your questions. If he will answer them I'll ask them.

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

I hope not, I really don't care to have to just see there chat!  Plus I don't like being place on there team to have to ignore another player that is not on my side, rift allows this and there was a reason I made a char on PVP server is to kill  them.

• NitetasiaNitetasia Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Silver_Pepper

I also hope not T_T

• OniDaimyo77OniDaimyo77 Member CommonPosts: 30
    Is there a serious side to the story? I like actually caring about things happening around me and being part of an epic storyline. Some people have said the storyline is too silly and they couldnt enjoy the game.
  • vesuviasvesuvias Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Originally posted by Grakulen

Please feel free to give me your questions. If he will answer them I'll ask them.

Can you keep earning and spending XP on something (equipment, alternate advancement, housing items, etc) after reaching Max level?

In terms of game design, what are you targeting with leveling speed? Are you targeting relitively fast leveling so that players can and will have multiple characters, or does the design really expect most players to play focused on a single character for months/years at a time?

If you are targeting a longer tail for a more invested per character experience how will you deal with new players joining months after release "catching up"?

Will the LFG tool be cross-server to leverage the population of your entire game or server specific? *jedi hand wave* you want cross-server for maximum player pools

You know the reason I played Diablo 2 for many years Was? 

The Player Ears!   I think I collected like 20 chars with player ears..  That was collected over the 2 years.

Would be fun if you could collect something from a player drop?   A part?  OR A list of the names and how many times you killed them and they have killed you?   Plus a Bounty quest would be cool. XD

Trophies would be fun to collect and maybe attach to your gear?   So these could be like socket in, and there shown on your armor.

You know Aion and Rift has only one starter zone for all, so making new alts to play same starter zone gets old.   I get the feeling we see the same starter zone for each race?                                                     I hope each class has there own City ? 

• redtriangleredtriangle Member Posts: 2

#1  Have some sack and ask when the release date is. He’s going to say when its ready and you reply with "don’t you think you owe your fans a time spectrum?" Like Aug-Oct?  Stick it to him and don’t be like all the other interviewers so far and laugh when he does not give an answer. Don’t throw up softball questions to him we are tired of that crap. 

#2 Ask him if it’s going to be a monthly subscription (14.99$) or PTP style as in GW2 ect ect. Serious who cares about questing questions or cross faction communication right now when we have huge questions unanswered. Get to the most important questions and have to the stones to follow up and get a solid answer which is an interviewer’s job.

Well see if you softball this or stay strong in less than an hour.

TY (again Sack UP!)

• temprancetemprance Member Posts: 4

I say this with the understanding I will have to wait for the full class reveals.

1.  Will there be an announcement focused on delving into the different class strengths in fulfilling different roles within a group? I'm particularly interested in healing but a general answer would work well enough.

2.  Although this is specific to healing, i'm sure other folks have role specific questions as well... Are we going to rely primarily on telegraphed heals?  How are the hots functioning?  How is the class distribution on heals...is one better for telegraphed heals and another better for HOTS? Are direct heals a thing of the past or will they be half of our tool box?  I'd love to find out what the response of healers is to the current system and how resource management is working at lower and higher levels.

I'm rather certain these questions will remain on the shelf until a couple months before release, but, well, I still wanted to ask.

• redtriangleredtriangle Member Posts: 2

Got respect for you Rob. You asked both my questions and followed up when he did not give a solid answer. Thanks man and good interview given you only had a small amount of time. Look forward to seeing your next interview!

VR new fan.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Originally posted by Battlerock

Thanks for asking Rob, unfortunately I missed the first part of the video, but I will go back and review to see what he had to say, but I caught you mentioning my question. Thanks again.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by redtriangle

Got respect for you Rob. You asked both my questions and followed up when he did not give a solid answer. Thanks man and good interview given you only had a small amount of time. Look forward to seeing your next interview!

VR new fan.

Thank you.

Battlerock.: It's uploading to Youtube now. You can watch it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81wNKZixdyc soon.

im kind of mad at myself for putting down i wasnt currently in a guild, i feel like it hurt my beta chances.  i want to beta this thing so hard.......

thanks for asking a few of my questions. =)

was fun seeing them read aloud and answered!