Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Collectible MMO Statues

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

One of the things that avid gamers love to do is to collect statues and figurines from their favorite games. In her latest column, Genese Davis pays homage to the MMO statue and asks for your input as well. Read on!

Every once in a while, we find ourselves in a “dream house” discussion where friends ask about location, square footage, and customizations. Most recently when asked, it wasn’t that epic library room from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast that I imagined, nor was it an amazing pool or hot tub. This time, all I could picture was the perfect gaming room equipped with every type of console, tons of computers, comfy gaming chairs, and every wall showcased hundreds and hundreds of video game collectables on floating shelves and in glass cases.

Read more of Genese Davis's Collectible MMO Statues.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Don't go for statues.  When you get to my age you start to live a steve jobs exsistence because all the crap you collect over the years does not have a space.  We are constantly trying to save space in our house because there is hardly any for you know stuff! 

• Trippin_NinjaTrippin_Ninja Member Posts: 5
    Wow, that Arthas looks awesome! I admit I wasn't a big statue guy until I went to Celebration V. Now I have a little collection of Gentle Giant Star Wars maquettes. The only video game character I have is Malgus that came with my swtor CE. He is a total badass though so he is more than welcome in my display case. As for other video games characters? I'd like to have one for Arthas, Ezio, Solid Snake and Satele Shan.
  • ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159

Are you lookin speifically for MMO's?  that's be rare indeed.  Comics/horror/ Warhammer figures

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/

gentle giant (guys who made SWTOR statue, they've done quite few other statues.)[/url]

http://www.spawn.com/toys/categorytype.aspx?categoryid=5

mcfarlane toys. (this is the guy who made Spawn)

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

It's interesting to me to compare physical merchandise and virtual cash shops.  Both are leveraging an IP to sell "items", yet a shop selling physical merchandise feels far less evil than one selling in-game items (something about the seperation of game and toy; not to mention that one gets to keep the physical statues/toys even once the game closes down).

( that said, my personal MMO toy collection consists only of a shelf of old boxes )

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Do plushies count? ^_^

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• DawnDarkDawnDark Member Posts: 21
    Oh, I so I want to have a skitterling (hellbug from defiance) plushie.
  • DawnDarkDawnDark Member Posts: 21
    EVE Online used to sell a few of their ship models in their shop.
  • Ironman2000Ironman2000 Member UncommonPosts: 310

I got one of the custom statues of my toon from WoW as a gift.  It sets on my desk under a glass bubble looking at me saying, "Why don't you play wow anymore?" ;-)

• GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115
    When I am looking for something to buy this for me the only page I need - http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?eeshop=64&collect=Statues&SearchOrder=col

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    While she isn't specifically an MMORPG-based character, I would quickly buy a good statue of Morathi.
  • miklos315miklos315 Member Posts: 1
    I recently found a Knight Blazer figure from Wild Arms 2 made by Tamashii Nations D-Arts. Loved that game.