Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP Servers?

ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

Greetings

What kills PVP server for me?

Play Both sides?   Now that shifts and allows us to now leave and log back on to help winning side?

To Be place on the other Side in Battle Grounds and kill your team mates?  Not fun for me.

I don't like Rift that allows you to be a Mercenary to go on the enemy side to kill your side? What fun is that?

So that's my take on PVP server, I hope it is a PVP, not some PVE sever with Name PVP on it with PVE rule set.!

What you like or want in a PVP sever?

Comments

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Hey,

I mostly pvp with my group of friends and from my experience what makes a pvp server fun is;

-World pvp (with safe zones, nobody likes griefers.)

-Large variety of battlegrounds for all kinds of levels (for pure fun.)

-Factions

-Rated Arenas (a place where we can tryhard and compete with other people)

-Skill based (not gear based)

That's enough to make me an happy panda. Being able to change sides or reroll for another faction doesn't matter, since we only care about rated arenas and there your faction or side doesn't matter really, just how you play, the rest is just for pure and healthy fun.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by GhostGeisha

Hey,

I mostly pvp with my group of friends and from my experience what makes a pvp server fun is;

-World pvp (with safe zones, nobody likes griefers.)

-Large variety of battlegrounds for all kinds of levels (for pure fun.)

-Factions

-Rated Arenas (a place where we can tryhard and compete with other people)

-Skill based (not gear based)

That's enough to make me an happy panda. Being able to change sides or reroll for another faction doesn't matter, since we only care about rated arenas and there your faction or side doesn't matter really, just how you play, the rest is just for pure and healthy fun.

PVP servers should 100% not have safezones or they should be extremely limited.  You have pvp servers for that and I'm sure on those you can toggle the pvp on and off.  (The OP is totally correct, and the problem is to often pvers post about what they want in a pvp server as pvpers tend to be vocal in game and now on the forums). I hate when carebears post in pvp threads as there are some devs silly enough to think this post was by an actual pvper.

1.  OWPVP a must and the game needs to have a reason to be in these areas.

2.  Arenas are fine as long as they are limited, meaning you can't go in them non stop.  Or if you get different rewards through owpvp than in the arenas. 

3.  Skill based yes...gear meaning everything is not good.  Also pve gear and pvp gear should be the same, not different sets.  Maybe have pve gear, then in arenas and owpvp you earn pvp crystals for the gear.

4.  Clan politics.  Clans getting their own holdings and other clans trying to siege them away.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"