Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony - SOE: You are proud of this POS?

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

OMG...what were they thinking?

RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FROM THIS AND DO NOT ASK WHY!

Comments

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

This is pretty well known ever since they opened WO for Beta.  I managed to  log in, play for about 10 minutes and promptly logged out and uninstalled it.

It's a shame really.  There are a lot of people that played the old WO games and they would have lined up in droves if this was any good.

Glad you did not waste to much time with it.

Ratero.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202

I don't believe Sony made the game. I agree...I hated it..but Sony just gave it a home. If it proves to be a burden in some way then I'm sure Sony will have no problem kicking out of it's lineup.

I mean it's pretty sad when i can enjoy the old 'stick-figure" looking Wizardry that Sir-Tech created in the early eighties for hours..even today...but could barely play this new incarnation for more than an hour.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Pretty much feel the same here. An actual decent Wizardry Online, a proper advancement on the original games, instead of this piece of crap would have been amazing. I tried, several times, to give the game a chance. But aside from it constantly taking approx. 5 minutes just to connect to the game in the 1st place, and then around 5 minutes for each loading screen to pass, if they ever even made it, the actual game itself felt very dull.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Ya, I usually don't post negative comments about games, but it is sad that such a wonderful game franchise as Wizardry  has been associted with this release. I too tried it and didn't care one bit for the way it felt. Good luck to those of you who are enjoying it though!

Some games should just be left the way they are as single player games. I'm crossing my fingers on TESO. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Didn't you know? SOE is doing about anything for a buck these days. ANd that is the long and the short of it. Not that that is any different from how they have always run things, but it has been worse these last few years, since they have been releasing bomb after bomb. The $$$ has to come from somewhere.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Quite simply the worst MMORPG I have ever played.  Never mind that it's F2P, they should pay people to play it.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

At least the pricing model was fair.  People wanted permadeath, so there ya go, enjoy.

The Wizardry IP got sold around, and if I recall, WO was developed as a Japanese game, then westernized a year later.

I don't know if the original Japanese WO was bad, or if it was crapped up during westernization, but It's a little amusing that SOE agreed to publish WO, then had it pass through their internal QA teams like shit through a goose.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

I honestly don't know what SOE was thinking when they rushed this game to market.Just terrible is all I can say.Once in awhile you log into a game and are dumbfounded by it.That's what happened to me when I logged into beta the first time.

To also have the name Wizardry attached make's it even worse..what a waste!

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• XandramasXandramas Member Posts: 73
    Rushed? The game has been out over a year in the east. They've had plenty of time to modify it and fix/update it. This game needs the death penalty revive chance dropped to 50% and xp rate raised 300% . Criminal rating to disappear after you're permakilled, and then the game would be playable.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Didn't you know? SOE is doing about anything for a buck these days. ANd that is the long and the short of it. Not that that is any different from how they have always run things, but it has been worse these last few years, since they have been releasing bomb after bomb. The $$$ has to come from somewhere.

As a 'Burnt Vet' you're having trouble seeing the forest for the trees. SOE is one of the few NA/EU devs that's trying to build a stable of a diverse collection of MMOs. Not everything is going to be great and wonderful, but seriously, man... get over the greedy corp cash grab stuff. For one, it's really getting old. It's both amusing and sad watching people clamour for something different and then when devs try to offer something different those same people say the publisher is just doing anything for a buck.

Make up your minds already.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749
    Brilliant post.  Salute <bow>
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

As a 'Burnt Vet' you're having trouble seeing the forest for the trees. SOE is one of the few NA/EU devs that's trying to build a stable of a diverse collection of MMOs. Not everything is going to be great and wonderful, but seriously, man... get over the greedy corp cash grab stuff. For one, it's really getting old. It's both amusing and sad watching people clamour for something different and then when devs try to offer something different those same people say the publisher is just doing anything for a buck.

Make up your minds already.

This game was straight up terrible. It is endemic of decline of SOE over the years. If they were ever a good company, they aren't any more. Anyone with any talent left a long time ago, which explains SOE's string of non-successes and now imports of crap games from overseas (plus selling off their distribution rights in Europe). Why should I care of SOE is an NA company? I should pay for one of their sub-par games because of where they are located? SOE is a charity now? If they are a crappy company, they are a crappy company. Let them go under. Putting their name on shit like this game does nothing but drive them into the ground faster.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Sony - SOE: You are proud of this POS?

I don't think they made it or they are proud of it.

So far the only game that I see SOE proud of at the moment is Planetside 2 if we are to judge in terms of advertising spent.

• CoNk3rCoNk3r Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    Quite simply the worst MMORPG I have ever played.  Never mind that it's F2P, they should pay people to play it.

Even worse than Neverwinter ?

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

This game was straight up terrible. It is endemic of decline of SOE over the years. If they were ever a good company, they aren't any more. Anyone with any talent left a long time ago, which explains SOE's string of non-successes and now imports of crap games from overseas (plus selling off their distribution rights in Europe). Why should I care of SOE is an NA company? I should pay for one of their sub-par games because of where they are located? SOE is a charity now? If they are a crappy company, they are a crappy company. Let them go under. Putting their name on shit like this game does nothing but drive them into the ground faster.

A thousand pardons, sire, but some of us disagree.

• EtahEvolEtahEvol Member Posts: 28

This game had so much potential but sadly, I was totally disappointed.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

OMG...what were they thinking?

RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FROM THIS AND DO NOT ASK WHY!

The same could be said for Dragon's Prophet - makes you wonder what they are doing.

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

They canceled EQOA only to bring about some nutty turd like this.  Nothing about this game is fun.  The combat isn't that hard and honestly the only thing that makes it difficult in any measure is the horrible mechanics. On top of that the only real threat of dying permanently comes about if you're poor or die over and over and over (which never happened to me, try as I might).

This brings to question, why did PC never see a port of EQOA? :'( It would've done much better than the tripe they're pushing on us these days.  Is it all in an effort to grab as much revenue as possible to fund EQNext?

*shivers* So glad that's over with.

BTW I am a fan of SOE.  Loved and fondly remember my times in EQOA and EQ2.  Planetside 2 also has its moments of grandeur.
    Originally posted by CoNk3r

Even worse than Neverwinter ?

Neverwinter is pretty smelly but nowhere near as pungent as Wizardry Online.  I can say ONE positive thing about Wizardy, it has this funny little charm to it, like its trying very hard to have a soul and succeeds in a way that has nothing to do with the gameplay or most of the game itself.  I have a feeling there was one person on the dev team who really wanted this game to work but they were distracted by suits telling them to hurry it up and push it out the doggy door. 

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

What exactly do people dislike about this game?

I played for about 15 minutes and while the whole JRPG style is not to my liking, the underlying mechanics are genius. It's a beautiful mix of oldschool D&D and some innovative features, and possibly the best death system in any MMO I've ever seen.

I've yet to see how it works in practice outside the tutorial, but man the design is brilliant.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Originally posted by SoulStain

I don't believe Sony made the game. I agree...I hated it..but Sony just gave it a home. If it proves to be a burden in some way then I'm sure Sony will have no problem kicking out of it's lineup.

I mean it's pretty sad when i can enjoy the old 'stick-figure" looking Wizardry that Sir-Tech created in the early eighties for hours..even today...but could barely play this new incarnation for more than an hour.

You don't believe Sony made a crappy game?

Come on now

Come on

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Oh look, another thread where people can't tell the difference between publishers and developers.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Oh look another fanboi that thinks the publisher can remain blameless for marketing terrible development.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by evilastro

Oh look, another thread where people can't tell the difference between publishers and developers.

Nono, it's about CRAPPY publishers and CRAPPY developers.

In that case it's obvious that ppl are in the dark in which category SOE falls most.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"