Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] World of Tanks: E3 2013 - XBox 360 WoT

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During E3, we managed to check out Wargaming's port of its popular World of Tanks to the XBox 360. It's a version of the game that has been built for the console from the ground up. See what we discovered before heading to the comments.

The largest challenge for the team was to make sure the controls were intuitive and smooth. Switching gameplay from a mouse and keyboard to a console controller was a big shift and the development team needed to make sure it worked naturally. World of Tanks XBox uses traditional shooter controls with the left trigger for zoom and the right trigger as fire power. The controls on top are for movement and view.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's World of Tanks: E3 2013 - XBox 360 WoT.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• dalewjdalewj Member UncommonPosts: 94

As a newer player to WoT (less then 2 months) I think the biggest problem with the game is lack of maps. The game is all about playing your ass off to afford new tanks. This was easy the first 4-5 weeks, and you get a new tank every week or earlier. Then level 7 comes around and you have to start working to get the next tank. That fine and i love playing games where i have to work my ass off to skill. BUT, the amount of maps really does get on your nerves after a while. We all have maps we don’t like and if you get it normally every 5-7 time plays. If you have 2 maps you don’t like you’re really gonna hate getting a bad map every 3rd map.

My point being if the Xbox 360 version only has a few maps and has the same skilling needs your gonna lose players fast. Spend more time on maps or make the skilling chain easier for the xbox. As for the PC game they spend a great amount of time on balance, Almost past the point, but nobody (Well someone always does) can argue about perfection. But a little more time on maps would be great. I expected more out of a game that had been out for so long map wise.

HomePage/Gaming Blog - http://dalewj.com . MMORPGer - Current game: http://AfterWorld.ru .
    Author of Diaries of Afterworld- http://www.jconsult.com/afterworld and the Outside Sci-Fi series- http://www.jconsult.com/outside

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Perfect MMO for Xbox fans.

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Perfect MMO for Xbox fans.

Actually I disagree... I have 2 sons and watched them play CoD/Battlefield/Halo obsessively for hours and hours and I think World of Tanks requires alot more brainpower then these games.

The learning curve is rather high first off. Not to mention that this game involves more strategy then simply running around and shooting anything that moves. I think many people will approach this game like a FPS when its really not. If you rush forward alone with no back up. Unless your gods gift to WoT. Your dead. Game over. Exit or watch the battle.  You can't play that tank now til the end of the battle. (Also something I think that will drive xbox players nuts)

World of Tanks is slow in comparison to most other games. Not that its a bad thing just console gamers have a "Play hard, play fast" mentality. On the other hand, I do believe you will hear alot of smack talking over Xbox. Which in this case will fit perfectly.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• gizmovisiongizmovision Member UncommonPosts: 16

Yes, I agree the lack of maps is a big disappointment. They should be releasing 4 or more maps per patch, instead of adding one and taking 2 away.

I'd like to see 4 or more low tier maps( 1-3 ) and a dozen more for the higher tiers. and a few more game types. Seeing it ISN'T a simulation but just a game. I'd also like to see more tanks in a battle. The progression is WAY slow. I don't see the console crowd wanting to spend the exponentially growing time on skills or the experience needed to level to Tier 10...

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280
    This game isnt big in Europe at all. Its only big in US and Russia. I wonder why....
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    the thing that pulled me away from this game was the amount of grinding required, to much grinding for a purely pvp game.

• gwwwwarrriorgwwwwarrrior Member Posts: 2
    Will be fun on Xbox