Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ESO Overview Video

keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Nothing really new, but a good video regardless. Environments continue to look better and better.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/06/overview-of-eso/

There Is Always Hope!

Comments

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Got turned off by the words , the "immersive and intuitive skill set that allows you to play the game and not the UI " " Six slot hotbar " yawn , dull . Translation a PC game that'll be dumbed down for Consoles . Otherwise a nice advertising production . I think I would be far more excited if this wasn't just another dumbed down console targeted MMO.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

I watched the video, but 2 things are not clear to me:

1. Will EU and NA play on same server ?
    2. Will it be P2P, B2P or F2P ?
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk
    Got turned off by the words , the "immersive and intuitive skill set that allows you to play the game and not the UI " " Six slot hotbar " yawn , dull . Translation a PC game that'll be dumbed down for Consoles . Otherwise a nice advertising production . I think I would be far more excited if this wasn't just another dumbed down console targeted MMO.

Nothing about it is being dumbed down. The are trying to stay as true as much as possible to the PC single playing experience knowing that you can't do that for everything (like everyone knocking things over) because this is online. It looks very Elder Scrolls like to me so not sure what your issues are. Regardless, it looks likes you've already made up your mind so good luck.

There Is Always Hope!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Please stop with the dumbed because of console thing because FF XIV pretty much proved that wrong and that game has traditional mmo combat.  If anything dumbs down a game its the developers lack of imagination.  In this games case the developers wanted the combat gameplay to be as true to the single player games and retain as much mmo gameplay as possible at the same time and i think they are doing a good job balancing it that way.  GW2, Wildstar and Neverwinter are all PC exclusive with limited hotbar system so are you still going to use the console as an excuse for those too?

Originally posted by Nasa

I watched the video, but 2 things are not clear to me:

1. Will EU and NA play on same server ?
    2. Will it be P2P, B2P or F2P ?

1) From what they have shared, everyone is on the same server based on 1) PC/MAC grouped together 2) Xbox One play with Xbox One 3) PS4 play with PS4. I haven't heard anything about separation by location so I'll be curious if that stays true and if there will be ping issues as a result :-).

2) Nobody knows about this yet. They have made no annoucement. If I had to guess it will be B2P, but who knows. I HIGHLY doubt it will be F2P. I also still believe a subscription can work if the game is good and perhaps lowering it to less than a Netflix monthly price.

There Is Always Hope!

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    OP thanks for the article.ESOL's development is very painful to watch.....each time I get an update...I feel they have decided to move even further away from the early vision they expressed for the game.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    OP thanks for the video . I play skyrim still to this day more than any mmorpg out there because skyrim is so immersive with the right survival mods. With that being said graphics and gameplay looks almost identical to skyrim IMO . About the only thing missing is stealing and killing npcs if you like that sort of route. Im looking very forward to this game releasing , it looks great and plays just like my favorite game to date.
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    OP thanks for the article.ESOL's development is very painful to watch.....each time I get an update...I feel they have decided to move even further away from the early vision they expressed for the game.

Can you be a little more specific?

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by cronius77
    OP thanks for the video . I play skyrim still to this day more than any mmorpg out there because skyrim is so immersive with the right survival mods. With that being said graphics and gameplay looks almost identical to skyrim IMO . About the only thing missing is stealing and killing npcs if you like that sort of route. Im looking very forward to this game releasing , it looks great and plays just like my favorite game to date.

Yea I only wish stealing and killing NPCs would be in it, but that might be tough in an MMO where others need to see that NPC as well lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

What was the early vision...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

This is such a hard concept to get across. more skills doesn't mean deep. less skills doesn't mean dumbed down.

It's how they are used and how they relate to each other that equals depth and complexity.

Two of the most "deep" and complex games have less "moves" than most mmo's.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath

This is such a hard concept to get across. more skills doesn't mean deep. less skills doesn't mean dumbed down.

It's how they are used and how they relate to each other that equals depth and complexity.

Two of the most "deep" and complex games have less "moves" than most mmo's.

I agree. I found the Witcher 2s UI is pretty minimalistic and I find it one of the most challenging RPGs combat wise I've ever played.

There Is Always Hope!

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

You mean when it was first announced as a WoW clone with TES lore back in May 2012?  Yeah the further they get from that early "vision" the better.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Yes we all know we use all 50+ skills that clogger up the screen equally much in other MMOs image

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by Torgrim

Yes we all know we use all 50+ skills that clogger up the screen equally much in other MMOs image

I agree. There were skills in SWTOR that I still don't know what their purpose is lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by Entinerint

You mean when it was first announced as a WoW clone with TES lore back in May 2012?  Yeah the further they get from that early "vision" the better.

^^^ this

Currently bored with MMO's.