Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mid Level gameplay and overall impressions video

kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130

A ton of gameplay videos have popped online since Rift went free to play but most of them only show low level gameplay.

Soo I put together a video showing some level 37 gameplay in the dungeon King's Breach from a brand new free to play player :)

Hope you enjoy.

Comments

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

game shines best at 50+, when you enter the Storm Legion expansion world. its a whole new game and experience.

i always liked RIFT, but Storm Legion its a blast, compared with the original RIFT. i just love it

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by Aroukos

game shines best at 50+, when you enter the Storm Legion expansion world. its a whole new game and experience.

i always liked RIFT, but Storm Legion its a blast, compared with the original RIFT. i just love it

That's strange because I find Storm Legion to be a massive step backwards for the MMO genre.  It's aesthetically pleasing, but the quest mechanics are heavily grind-based and it takes far to level up, especially given that the quest content itself isn't particularly compelling.  

• kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130

I cant wait to try it out, but im trying to slow down lol.

I think I outleveled my fellow free to play crowd....I think the majority of them are still in Gloamwood and I'm hanging out in Moonshade Highlands ....all alone...all alone :(

• AdrenAdren Member UncommonPosts: 69
    yea the 1-50 content was always boring to me...so i rushed it lol took me 1 day and 10hrs  to get from 1-50 (possible with 80% experience pot) ..im now 51...taking my time with the rest of the game..cuz i tried to rush my first char to 60 and got really bored...DONT RUSH 50-60 PEOPLE ENJOY IT
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

That's strange because I find Storm Legion to be a massive step backwards for the MMO genre.  It's aesthetically pleasing, but the quest mechanics are heavily grind-based and it takes far to level up, especially given that the quest content itself isn't particularly compelling.  

I agree, too. Old world was fun to explore, didn't feel grinds at all, but SL is killing with grind. 

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

I actually enjoyed the slower leveling 50-60.  It gave me a lot more time to gather mats and level crafts, make plenty of plat, and get quite a bit of notoriety (rep) with several factions to cut down on the amount of rep grind I have at 60.

All in all, Rift is still my current favorite themepark MMO.  That may change with FFXIV or EQN (which will be a sandbox / hybrid from what I understand).

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Nice video. Thanks for sharing.  I remember trying Rift during a Steam sale.  Solid game.  Playing so many other games at this point however, so not sure I'll be coming back. But I urge anyone remotely interested in themepark type  games to give this one a try.  It is one of the best.