Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Closed Beta 3 Patch Notes Released

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Carbine Studios has released the patch notes for the next phase of the WildStar closed beta. Players will be able to take part in two-faction PvP though the team warns that this is a time for discovering effective griefing/ganking methods. In addition, players will have a new off-planet zone called Farside to travel to as well as the new Halls of the Bloodsworn battleground. Last among the biggest additions, players will be able to check out rated Battlegrounds and Arenas to see who is best of the best.

Carbine has also issued a laundry list of bug fixes and additions, most notably in the social features that include the ability to add to friends/rivals/ignored lists, the addition of housing neighbors and the availability of all races’ housing models.

The Rivals list is indeed unique. Players can add anyone of any faction to their personal Rivals List. Those players can be marked in the open world with a special symbol to assist in tracking them down for elimination or dueling.

You can read the full and very lengthy patch notes on the WildStar site.

• Friends List

• Add favorite people from your faction to the list to spy on them and keep an eye on their whereabouts.

• Friend requests must be approved by the person you're attempting to add. Click the lock button in the upper left of the Friends UI in order to enable/disable friend requests.

• Rivals List

• Rivals may be added from either faction.

• Anyone on your Rivals List can be marked in the open world with a unique visual representation. Use this to track down nemeses of the opposite faction, or duel with one of your favorite friends!

• Ignore List

• Add naughty Nexians to your Ignore list in order to make sure you never hear from them.

• Suggested Friends

• This list is automatically generated as you interact with other players in the open world. Accidentally left the dungeon run before friending the tank? Pop-up this list to find them again!

You can read the rest over at the official site!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Very cool.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    The tracking them down seems worded very nicely, but i doubt tracking them down means i can track them easily from one area to the next but rather i have to see them in my field of vision and then the special marker appears. I would be surprised if it was any more than that, since it would be a bounty hunting system without the money if we could mark targets and track them from anywhere... adding money to the system would be better too.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    woot! PvP time =)
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    OHHHH rivals list!  I like!

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Another WoW clone to look forward to, great.  I kind of wish they would cancel this game completely.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Another WoW clone to look forward to, great.  I kind of wish they would cancel this game completely.

There is so much derp in that sentence I don't know how you found room for other words.

• AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
    So i am assuming another beta is happening soon then?
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I like what I'm seeing so far, hope not p2p or f2p.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Desire2Desire2 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    want it so bad
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Great idea with the suggested friends

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    .... You want f2p with a box price?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

Don't cancel it - just release it on ps4 keyboard and mouse only before Blizzard releases wow on the ps4 keyboard and mouse only

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Battlerock

Don't cancel it - just release it on ps4 keyboard and mouse only before Blizzard releases wow on the ps4 keyboard and mouse only

How would that make the game any better? I think for the most part Devs by now got the message The community is tired of WoW.  Even blizzard is getting that message, they lost a huge amount of subs in just 1 quarter.  

They need to scrap the whole raiding/arenas/quest hubs in wildstar, generic ideas we've had for years now and throw in something new.  But no, they will try to market this as WoW 2.0 or something, and it will probably be handled awfully since thats what NCsoft is known for.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• UldanUldan Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Can we expect some wildstar beta key giveaway soon?
  • OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    There way to much hype for this game even in closed beta. I have my doubts its going to be any good.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Lol, some person might find the simplest game awesome.. As such I'm happy for those who will enjoy this game. As for myself, I'll play it no doubt but I'm not expecting it to be the next big mmo...

I think the next big mmo will use cloud tech, to do stuff like adjust AI on the fly, bosses have a set skills but use them randomly making to just stand there and kill stuff, etc.. can't bother listing all the ideas.