Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zealot quit and now Empire is disbanding...

2»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

This thread is funny.  You make a case that 3 leaders from a guild of 100+ are quitting the game.  Somehow that is supposed to indicate that the game is dying.  I guess, it would if you ignored the other 100+ of their members that are still playing.

Empire is pissed because they lost a few sieges and their pixel property.  Nothing new here.  When you spend a lot of time, sweat and tears building your pixel property and then someone tougher comes and takes it from you, it's going to make some folks quit.  That is just the nature of a FFA Open World PvP game with real territory control.

Yes, many old vets who really enjoyed AFK macroing skills to gain an edge are not playing.  Those are the bulk of the bitter vet posts.  Clans that used to dominate now find themselves on a more even footing and thus get embarased and quit.

The population is fine. Still 50 plus in my voice server anytime I login (and we are not in one of the major alliances). I still have to bank after harvesting every few nodes because I get jumped regularly.  PvP group ride 2 nights ago resulted in 5-6 group fights in the 90 minute trip.

Will the game be huge in 6 months?  Doubtful, because everytime a clan loses a holding you attrit some players so they need to bring in fresh blood which they will probably not be able to do.  That is the nature of the game.  For the next few months I still plan to have fun.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

This thread is funny.  You make a case that 3 leaders from a guild of 100+ are quitting the game.  Somehow that is supposed to indicate that the game is dying.  I guess, it would if you ignored the other 100+ of their members that are still playing.

Empire is pissed because they lost a few sieges and their pixel property.  Nothing new here.  When you spend a lot of time, sweat and tears building your pixel property and then someone tougher comes and takes it from you, it's going to make some folks quit.  That is just the nature of a FFA Open World PvP game with real territory control.

Yes, many old vets who really enjoyed AFK macroing skills to gain an edge are not playing.  Those are the bulk of the bitter vet posts.  Clans that used to dominate now find themselves on a more even footing and thus get embarased and quit.

The population is fine. Still 50 plus in my voice server anytime I login (and we are not in one of the major alliances). I still have to bank after harvesting every few nodes because I get jumped regularly.  PvP group ride 2 nights ago resulted in 5-6 group fights in the 90 minute trip.

Will the game be huge in 6 months?  Doubtful, because everytime a clan loses a holding you attrit some players so they need to bring in fresh blood which they will probably not be able to do.  That is the nature of the game.  For the next few months I still plan to have fun.

No the case is made because the leaders of them are quitting along with other officers - another clan Zealot has quit...  So YES those are not good signs and points to a dying game.  Sinister had over 100+ players and now down to 82 as they kicked inactives.....  Council of the Elders is on the way out due to no content...  Look you guys can ignore the facts and #'s all you want - no biggie, lol

Hell half our clan's alliance is not playing either and log in only for sieges IF that...  But you are right the population is not decreasing.....

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

No the case is made because the leaders of them are quitting along with other officers - another clan Zealot has quit...  So YES those are not good signs and points to a dying game.  Sinister had over 100+ players and now down to 82 as they kicked inactives.....  Council of the Elders is on the way out due to no content...  Look you guys can ignore the facts and #'s all you want - no biggie, lol

Hell half our clan's alliance is not playing either and log in only for sieges IF that...  But you are right the population is not decreasing.....

Go play a game that isn't dying in your eyes then. It's that easy.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    the game is dieing because it was once a semi sandbox and is now nothing more than a open world pvp arena which you have to pay a monthly sub for, there are plenty of games out there you can play for free on a monthly bases and are way better polished, sure they may not be an open world game but tbh if i want to PvP i dont want to run around for an hour just to find someone to kill. But one thing i will note from what i have seen and experienced is that instead of being a battlefiled full of magic missiles you know have battlefields full of bunny hoping, helicopter swinging maniacs.....sorry if i want play with a turd i will go to my toilet and do so.
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Wow.. so entering month 3(or is it 4?) from release 1 clan of 15 (Zealot) quit and the leaders of another clan quit!!! SHOCKING!!

And then Another clan "only" has 82 regular players instead of 100... (this clan also recently lost a few sieges and spent close to 1,000,000 gold)

Oh nooooooo... DoOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

PS: Of course the population is decreasing.  It will never reach the popualtion of the 1st month.  That is teh nature of the game.  People become attached to their pixels.  When they lose thier cities that they spent 2 months building, many will decide to leave.  That is the nature of a Full Loot PvP Open World game with real territory control.  I have always said this game had a limited shelf life.  Maybe 6 motnhs, maybe a year.  But to make some statements that the game "is dying" because 3 leaders from a clan left... is just ridiculous.  Believe me, unlike the "zealots".. when the game has expired I will not be playing it.  This is not a religious experience for me.  This is not the holy grail of MMOs.  It's a timesink to play around in for a few months.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Clan leaders are the most fanatical of fans, so it's a bad omen when they leave the game after a few months.

Contrast this situation with The Mittani in Eve Online who has played Eve Online since 23 June 2005 and continues to be a fanatic.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

As expected, most  Darkfall 1 players and long time clans feel the same about DFUW, they kept playing based on the usual AV promises and i guess some preferred that slower, less complicated combat system, but as the math has proven DFUW is losing population fast.

All due to the lack of content, the game is barely 50% complete.  Players that love the game will try and tell you that its a sandbox and you make the content...which is laughable because you need to spend hours on end getting to a point where you can leave a safezone and have a shot at winning a pvp encounter.  Joining a clan is the only option for enjoying this game, if your new to Darkfall that is, if your a 1.0 player chances are you wont like the combat system as much as its very limited.

If you look at the steam chart for DFUW you can see a stead decline and over the next week you will see an even bigger decline as the resub point has come for steam users.  

http://steamcharts.com/app/227400

Todays peak was 214, current 125.   I estimate by this time next week the peak will be 125 and the current will be 75.

DFUW is what happens when indie dev teams have a great idea but lack the funding and capability to attract players to that great Idea and decide to make a more carebear friendly game with less skill involved, they tried....they failed imo.   I dont believe that Darkfall Unholy wars will be on the market this time next year.

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

Clan leaders are the most fanatical of fans, so it's a bad omen when they leave the game after a few months.

Contrast this situation with The Mittani in Eve Online who has played Eve Online since 23 June 2005 and continues to be a fanatic.

So you are comparing 3 leaders from a random clan to the Mittani?  Give me a break.  DF has it's fanayics as well who have played since beta of DF1 and still play.  Unless you are claiming that no corp leaders have quit the game in Eve...

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Like I said, they will be back...probably after a few good patches.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

Like I said just like DF1 - they all said people would be back bu they never came back.....

Even the infamous DF forum mod Agent Oranj has no idea what is up at AV....

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?374060-Wtb-av-response-on

This discussion has been closed.