Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this game is launching when exactly?

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Thought i read somewhere that beta phase 4 would be a open beta and would run to August 27 th with no character wipes. I also heard Beta phase 4 would be starting in a few weeks, If this is the case then bascially the game is launching early july, Is this correct?

Also i downloaded the benchmark thing off the website and was just wondering in the graphics in the benchmark demo look the same as when you are in game because they looked dam impressive.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

beta 4 is open beta, i doubt beta 4 will start in july, early aug at best....open betas normally run for about 2 weeks and i doubt they will have much downtime in-between beta4 and Headstart launch.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Some stuff still won't be implemented in Phase four.  They'll still be working on the battle system and some animations up to release.  In addition it still isn't clear if they are having the voice acting in Phase four or not; the sources I find when it comes to that just mention "when the game releases" despite what some posts are saying on a couple forums.

In addition, they are making it clear that they might wipe all character data in phase four if they find a game breaking bug or exploit.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

*snip*

In addition, they are making it clear that they might wipe all character data in phase four if they find a game breaking bug or exploit.

Good news!!!!

There's nothing worse than when a game launches and the economy is ruined beyond repair and the devs ignore bugs that have been reported over and over during betas.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Phase 4 wont' run till the 27th since they're offering early access for pre-order.  Thus it has to end at least a few days before launch to actually have early access.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

how many days are they offering for early access?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    They haven't announced specifics on it yet.  I would guess 3-7 days though.
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by Tokken

how many days are they offering for early access?

The game launches on Aug 26th 0r 7th cant rememeber exactly. Early access is 3-5 days but on a limited basis, not everyone who preorders is guaranteed early access so preorder now, if you wait, you may wait until actual launch

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

Some peaple will probly believe that phase 4 is early access, and treat it that way. Ther's a good chance charcter data will be caried over, so to alot of peaple w/e phase 4 starts will be the official realease for them.

idk how i'll approch phase 4 yet. Maybe i'll craft like mad to get a head start, or level like mad. Or maybe i'll just treat this like a testing period and not worry about getting ahead of official launch. Guss it depends on what we learn about characters carying over.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by Dzone

Some peaple will probly believe that phase 4 is early access, and treat it that way. Ther's a good chance charcter data will be caried over, so to alot of peaple w/e phase 4 starts will be the official realease for them.

idk how i'll approch phase 4 yet. Maybe i'll craft like mad to get a head start, or level like mad. Or maybe i'll just treat this like a testing period and not worry about getting ahead of official launch. Guss it depends on what we learn about characters carying over.

Phase 4 characters are getting rolled over into launch.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3