Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Jobs do you want in later expansions and updates?

Comments

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Dark Knight

Thief

Samurai

These need to be in asap because none of the current classes/jobs interest me.

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by tkreep

Which ones do you want to be added later down the line and which ones do you think most likely will come first.

I want Samurai, Ninja, Dark Knight, Blue Mage, and Red Mage

But i think when they do add new jobs it will prolly be a Red Mage as it was one of the most favored and useful support classes in final fantasy 11.  plus who doesnt wanna be a sword wielding jack of all trades mage with a pimp hat

Dark Knight (Not the batman kind)

Mime (Mimes rule :P)

Chemist (chemical warfare baby! >_<)

Thief/Ninja (There needs to be a stealthy class)

Time Mage (more magical mayhem)

Engineer (Wicked class, uses pistols and can build neat stuff!)

Thats off the top of my head.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I would like to see a Thief, Ninja, Beastmaster or Blue Mage, DK, and some sort of dual wielding class like FFXI WAR/NIN
  • rhavokrhavok Member Posts: 117

A chemist!! How awesome would it be to see a healer healing by throwing various potions at people a la FF Tactics!  "I'm low on HP!! *Smack* /potion hits you in the face, shatters open, and gets delicious life drink all over you.

Combine that with their use of guns and sounds like we have an awesome job!  A chemist, corsair, and engineer merits a new pistol wielding class in my opinion.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by rhavo

A chemist!! How awesome would it be to see a healer healing by throwing various potions at people a la FF Tactics!  "I'm low on HP!! *Smack* /potion hits you in the face, shatters open, and gets delicious life drink all over you.

Combine that with their use of guns and sounds like we have an awesome job!  A chemist, corsair, and engineer merits a new pistol wielding class in my opinion.

Whichever class gets to use gunblades im all for it

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Which ones do you want to be added later down the line and which ones do you think most likely will come first.

But i think when they do add new jobs it will prolly be a Red Mage as it was one of the most favored and useful support classes in final fantasy 11.  plus who doesnt wanna be a sword wielding jack of all trades mage with a pimp hat

Well.. they haven't released half the jobs yet, but my list would be similar. In order:

Samurai: Lancer30, Marauder15

Dark Knight: Marauder30, Thaumaturge15

Thief: Gladiator30, Pugilist15

Ninja: Pugilist30, Gladiator15

Red Mage / Mystic Knight: Conjurer30, Gladiator15

Blue Mage: Conjurer30, Arcanist15

Time Mage: Arcanist30, Thaumaturge15

That pretty much covers most of the staple jobs, though it would be cool if they created some. The one thing i hope they don't add is the Puppetmaster. Perhaps much much later, but the game seems to have enough pet classes already (arcanist, summoner, scholar). There's also Dragoon if you count it as one.

Originally posted by aesperus

Well.. they haven't released half the jobs yet, but my list would be similar. In order:

Samurai: Lancer30, Marauder15

Dark Knight: Marauder30, Thaumaturge15

Thief: Gladiator30, Pugilist15

Ninja: Pugilist30, Gladiator15

Red Mage / Mystic Knight: Conjurer30, Gladiator15

Blue Mage: Conjurer30, Arcanist15

Time Mage: Arcanist30, Thaumaturge15

That pretty much covers most of the staple jobs, though it would be cool if they created some. The one thing i hope they don't add is the Puppetmaster. Perhaps much much later, but the game seems to have enough pet classes already (arcanist, summoner, scholar). There's also Dragoon if you count it as one.

Dragoons dont have pets in ARR

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Siege master....master maker of siege equipment
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Beastmaster

Musketeer

Thief

Samurai

Ninja

and ANY other ranged DPS jobs, PLEASE!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• windwavewindwave Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Beastmaster and GAMBLER please. Whip, cards and slot machines, yeah.
  • Anfere31Anfere31 Member UncommonPosts: 48

WHO DOESN'T LIKE BEING A NINJA ?

Also the game needs some kind of thief like class, so Assasin, Ninja, Thief, anything my little Lalafel can pick up and be awsome at !

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Thief, Geonmancer (like the one from FF Tactics), Samurai, Dark Knight and Ninja

And a hug to the guy who said Gambler!

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by MondoA2J

Chemist! Time Mage!

Sir I love you

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

Musketeer.  It was already promised to us in 1.0, so it should be top-of-the-list for the first 2.0 expansion.  The guild hall was even already in place, in Limsa.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I don't care which jobs they come out with, as long as they aren't loljobs.  Rather have no new jobs than pointless ones.
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371

cant believe knowone suggested  the soldier class

id like to see 

1. soldier class

2.  vampire or what ever vincent was in ff7 , could be ff14 version of the druid in wow, with shapeshifts

3. and red xiii as a playable character/race 

you guessed it im a ff7 fan lmao

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by w407309

???

Sorry but maybe it is just me, but this is whats wrong with the MMO market....

The game has NOT BEEN RELEASED yet, and already your thinking about you would like further down the line?? WHY WHY WHY

Enjoy what has been released and not what you think should be added, otherwise you fail to enjoy what you have as it wont have what you want!.

Perhaps something to pass the time, as the NDA is not fully lifted, but I hear your point to0. People are just excited {points at self too} that FFXIV, was well Reborn :) .

I will say that ARR is already steps ahead: FF11=22 jobs, FFXIV=17 Class+Jobs, Classes basicly Replace the basic 6 from FF11, in one sense. and then again if they transfer to many classes from 11 to 14, they could be called unoriginal. But......

Me likEY : Samurai  :)

Originally posted by rush1984

cant believe knowone suggested  the soldier class

id like to see 

1. soldier class

2.  vampire or what ever vincent was in ff7 , could be ff14 version of the druid in wow, with shapeshifts

3. and red 9 as a playable character/race 

you guessed it im a ff7 fan lmao

I would say vincents job was Gunner/Berserker since you couldnt control him when he turns into a monster and becomes in enraged enhanced strength. And its Red 13 (XIII)

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Hmm I like how Yoshi P mentions Nin and Sam at the E3 interview. Hopefully its not just a hint or tease.

if he mentioned them it does make sense, having samurai as class and NIN as a job. can easily develop a storyline for both.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Blue Mage. They need Blue Mage. You can make it PUG 30 and THM or ARC 15

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223

1. Dark Knight

2. Samurai

3. Ninja

4. Thief

5. Red Mage

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Hmm I like how Yoshi P mentions Nin and Sam at the E3 interview. Hopefully its not just a hint or tease.

if he mentioned them it does make sense, having samurai as class and NIN as a job. can easily develop a storyline for both.

No Sam has always been a Job with its own artifact armor in the series you cant make it a lesser of the Ninja.

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168

1. Thief/Ninja

2.Dark Knight/Samurai

3. Ranger/Musketeer/Corsair

4. Something with Greatswords?

Originally posted by Tgiordano92

1. Thief/Ninja

2.Dark Knight/Samurai

3. Ranger/Musketeer/Corsair

4. Something with Greatswords?

Dark Knight uses great swords but I guess in ARRs case they prolly will stick with scythes since each job is restricted to one weapon.  Soldier or Rune Fencer maybe?

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I hope DK use scythes.... But yeah I guess it would prob be solider for GS