Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see in the cash shop?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Since every MMO has a cash shop, I assume this will too. WoW has their pets (for 25 usd, mounts for 50 usd) and EVE has their monocle for 50 or whatever it is. And since there is an MMO without a cash shop (plus both EQ and EQ 2 have one)...and haven't seen this talked about in EQ next, thought I'd you know...make a topic talking about what you want to see and what you want avoided in the shop.

Me, I'd like to see exp potions so I can level faster. This is pretty typical in a cash shop. Lots of vanity pets, probably mounts as well.  And I'd like to be able to buy bags, because most of the time people put up bags more than what the gold is worth in US dollars lol. All the typical stuff.

The more unique things, maybe leveling armor that doesn't cost much...make it not as good as crafted, but better than you can get questing and adventuring. I'd also like to buy more character slots, unless the game allows you every race of every class...most MMOs greatly limit this, and I like to play every race with every class. So even with exp potions, I still level slow lol.

I'd like to avoid OP items and pay to win stuff. Leveling armor weaker than crafting is one thing, but being able to buy top end items is another.

One thing they could try is let you buy a max level character. This will greatly stop people selling accounts that most MMO developers don't like for whatever reason. Just a max level character with basic items...but have the person actually work for everything they need. This would skip the leveling process entirely, and most people find endgame to be the best part of an MMO anyway.

So what about you guys. What do you want to see and not see in EQ next cash shop?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• radagast777radagast777 Member Posts: 80
    You shut your blasphemous mouth son.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Anything that gives me an advantage over people who don't spend money. Seeing as this is SoE, it'll happen.
  • SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Originally posted by radagast777
    You shut your blasphemous mouth son.

Agreed!

The only items that are acceptable within a cash-shop are cosmetic or boosts; an inordinately small number adhere to such a stringent guideline, none of which belong to any SOE game I've ever played. Consequently...

Originally posted by Heretique
    Anything that gives me an advantage over people who don't spend money. Seeing as this is SoE, it'll happen.

+1

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    A sign reading "Closed for business. Enjoy your subscription."
  • HawksterHawkster Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Nuttin honey.  I hate cash shops (money sinks, one and all).
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Doesn't matter....I'll do the same thing I do with all other cash shops: ignore them.
  • SneakyTurtleSneakyTurtle Member Posts: 41

I want a mini pet spider like the one from Free Realms! so cute. hehe

It must be only stuff for appearance though, I don't like cash shops that give an unfair advantage.

- SneakyTurtle

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I hate cash shops:( If their game is as good as they say then there is no need for a cash shop. If they sell a bunch of silly cosmetic stuff the game will have one strike right out of the box for me. We will see what is in store soon enough. FF1V seems to be getting a lot of attention and they are going old school p2p:) Why because people like the game!
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I honestly think there will be a cash shop.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

EQ Next will be F2P... of course theres going to be a cash shop.

As long as whatever they sell doesn't affect gameplay and can be created in game, I don't really care what they sell.  I'll probably buy them to support, and pay for premium to get exp boost and so forth.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

What I want to see in the cash shop: More player made items.

Player studio is a great idea, I just hope to see more of it - more player designed appearance items, etc.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Genitals of various shapes and sizes, along with other adult items! Because that'd be a first.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    A sign reading "Closed for business. Enjoy your subscription."

+1

• jarrishijarrishi Member Posts: 6

I really hate the idea of a cash shop but business is business.. I do think there are ways to utilize a cash shop without giving other players advantages, or clogging the screen with unrealistic-to-lore exterior crap that leaves me feeling unattached to the game.

It could be slightly cool to have collectible merch (stuff you would order in RL) that are like little trophies for achievements within the game. For instance, in EQ1, imagine at level 20 you can buy a sticker with your classes emblem, at level 35: a keychain, lvl 50: a coffee mug with the design on it. I'll bet they would sell more merch that way than just having it all readily available from an on-line store...) I understand that there is less money in that than selling virtual horses for $50 dollars haha but it still is something that would make me hate the cash store a little bit less. And they can go to town with decorations for in-game player houses (if that is a part of EQN) That has no effect on anybody other than the decorator and SoE's wallets. By all means make your money SoE-  just don't do it in a way that makes the game less fair/exciting for people unwilling to pay out, because in the end you are causing yourself to MAKE LESS MONEY. (just to reiterate incase an eqn dev is reading)

Also

At first I liked the idea of 100 different mounts but it kind of seems goofy to see a group of travelers, 1 on a giant chicken, 1 on a crawling severed hand, 1 on a dinoasaur, 1 on a griffon, and 1 on a horse in rainbow armor. This is in no way a 'make it or break it' type scenario for me, just a personal preference.  They should bring back extreme rarity. Everybody being able to get their shine on with 5 dollars and the click of a button takes away some from earning anything in-game. Not saying it renders the game pointless, just takes some of the magic away. Everyone's perfect game is at least slightly different than the next persons so everyone will have to make a compromise somewhere. 

Bottom line

I hope their plan to make money is by getting as many subscribers as possible with a good game, not offering shiny costumes and cat skeleton mounts for $9.99. Or at least get a bunch of subscribers with a good game and then sell-out after some years lolz

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    I want to JUST see dyes.  THATS ALL!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Pizza and beer delivered to my door.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• jarrishijarrishi Member Posts: 6
    Another idea would be prank type stuff. Like nonsense the jester from EQ1 did. Or fireworks, the ability to shoot off really cool looking graphics for all to see. Maybe accidentally burn down the woods in this 'sandbox' mystery.
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by issling
    I hate cash shops:( If their game is as good as they say then there is no need for a cash shop. If they sell a bunch of silly cosmetic stuff the game will have one strike right out of the box for me. We will see what is in store soon enough. FF1V seems to be getting a lot of attention and they are going old school p2p:) Why because people like the game!

Everquest Next is all but confirmed Free to Play.. So they should just spend millions making a game, release it for free, and not have any form of cash shop?

I would be okay with the following

Only being allowed 1 character slot, each additional costing $5 (Easy way to support the game)

EXP potions

Unique mounts

Maybe armor dyes

Maybe unique stuff for people to put in their houses? I dont know, not really a house building guy in MMORPG's, but it wouldnt affect me

None of those break the game. Butthurt that you arent the world first max level character? Get over it. Much rather see EXP potions than actual gear in the cash shop.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I'm with Gwapo, extra pepperoni and sausage!

Honestly of they have what EQ2 does now but allow the cosmetics to be made by subscribers I'll be happy.
  • xxxxxx1xxxxxx1 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Fire matches FTW!
  • wesmowesmo Member Posts: 60

Daaah...

...of course I would like to be able to buy raid gear on the cash shop to be able to tell those elitists raiders to leave they hideout on their mother's basement to get a job and help society. Spending the same hours they spend playing working is more profitable for the game, for the game developers, for their families and for themselves as human beings. Long Live the cash shop! image

Originally posted by DMKano

I imagine it will be the same like EQ1 market:

Potions (xp etc...)

Vanity items

Mounts

Pets

House/decorative items

Weapon glow effects

Titles

Etc...

Those sound reasonable. I like those options.

- SneakyTurtle

Originally posted by Dullahan

EQ Next will be F2P... of course theres going to be a cash shop.

As long as whatever they sell doesn't affect gameplay and can be created in game, I don't really care what they sell.  I'll probably buy them to support, and pay for premium to get exp boost and so forth.

+1 Support for SoE! :D I don't mind buying stuff from the SC Shop as long as it's not game effecting 

- SneakyTurtle

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Anything in CS should be obtainable ingame when it comes to House/armor skins (aslong as their available to everyone somepoint after they get introduced to cash shop), nothing that give players unfair advantage.

Also not i would like to see some kind of sub model aswell even if it is spend $15 and get $20 of station cash every month.

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by wesmo

Daaah...

...of course I would like to be able to buy raid gear on the cash shop to be able to tell those elitists raiders to leave they hideout on their mother's basement to get a job and help society. Spending the same hours they spend playing working is more profitable for the game, for the game developers, for their families and for themselves as human beings. Long Live the cash shop! image

Can't tell if troll account or being serious that you want the best gear in the game on the cash shop. It ruins the game.

If you are serious, I hope that the game is non-consensual PvP and you go out in the world to make the sell and you get player killed and lose the loot. ;)