Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

So this game is launching when exactly?

thunderCthunderC miami flPosts: 464Member Uncommon

Thought i read somewhere that beta phase 4 would be a open beta and would run to August 27 th with no character wipes. I also heard Beta phase 4 would be starting in a few weeks, If this is the case then bascially the game is launching early july, Is this correct?

Also i downloaded the benchmark thing off the website and was just wondering in the graphics in the benchmark demo look the same as when you are in game because they looked dam impressive.

Comments

• skyexileskyexile MelbournePosts: 692Member

beta 4 is open beta, i doubt beta 4 will start in july, early aug at best....open betas normally run for about 2 weeks and i doubt they will have much downtime in-between beta4 and Headstart launch.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,241Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by thunderC

Thought i read somewhere that beta phase 4 would be a open beta and would run to August 27 th with no character wipes. I also heard Beta phase 4 would be starting in a few weeks, If this is the case then bascially the game is launching early july, Is this correct?

Also i downloaded the benchmark thing off the website and was just wondering in the graphics in the benchmark demo look the same as when you are in game because they looked dam impressive.

Basically yeah, phase four will be end of july early august and yes it does look that good.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Ul''dah, CAPosts: 1,537Member Uncommon

Some stuff still won't be implemented in Phase four.  They'll still be working on the battle system and some animations up to release.  In addition it still isn't clear if they are having the voice acting in Phase four or not; the sources I find when it comes to that just mention "when the game releases" despite what some posts are saying on a couple forums.

In addition, they are making it clear that they might wipe all character data in phase four if they find a game breaking bug or exploit.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus BaatorPosts: 1,112Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

*snip*

In addition, they are making it clear that they might wipe all character data in phase four if they find a game breaking bug or exploit.

Good news!!!!

There's nothing worse than when a game launches and the economy is ruined beyond repair and the devs ignore bugs that have been reported over and over during betas.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 2x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• NetSageNetSage Lake Geneva, WIPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    Phase 4 wont' run till the 27th since they're offering early access for pre-order.  Thus it has to end at least a few days before launch to actually have early access.
  • TokkenTokken Portland, ORPosts: 1,153Member Uncommon

how many days are they offering for early access?

Brad McQuaid Quote:  So, God-willing, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team and I will be able to make or allow that magic to happen a third time, and it too will be not just a great game, but also that catalyst again that brings people together, sometimes out of their comfort zone, learning how to work together not just tactically in a virtual world but also socially in the real world.
  • NetSageNetSage Lake Geneva, WIPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    They haven't announced specifics on it yet.  I would guess 3-7 days though.
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Sacramento, CAPosts: 597Member
    Originally posted by Tokken

how many days are they offering for early access?

The game launches on Aug 26th 0r 7th cant rememeber exactly. Early access is 3-5 days but on a limited basis, not everyone who preorders is guaranteed early access so preorder now, if you wait, you may wait until actual launch

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• DzoneDzone bowling green, KYPosts: 351Member Uncommon

Some peaple will probly believe that phase 4 is early access, and treat it that way. Ther's a good chance charcter data will be caried over, so to alot of peaple w/e phase 4 starts will be the official realease for them.

idk how i'll approch phase 4 yet. Maybe i'll craft like mad to get a head start, or level like mad. Or maybe i'll just treat this like a testing period and not worry about getting ahead of official launch. Guss it depends on what we learn about characters carying over.

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,356Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by thunderC

I would believe you read wrong. Aug 27 is release day and preordering gets u early access for maybe 12days, if open b eta/phase ran all the way to 27th theres no point in preordering for early access. IMHO following how SE roadmap works, I came to a conclusion that after Phase 3 is all done by June 30th, there will be 2 weeks of nothing for SE to analyze everything. That puts Open beta to maybe starting July 19-23, 26-28, and Aug 2-4. Then Early Access starting Aug 16 would be my guess.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Sacramento, CAPosts: 597Member
    Originally posted by Dzone

Some peaple will probly believe that phase 4 is early access, and treat it that way. Ther's a good chance charcter data will be caried over, so to alot of peaple w/e phase 4 starts will be the official realease for them.

idk how i'll approch phase 4 yet. Maybe i'll craft like mad to get a head start, or level like mad. Or maybe i'll just treat this like a testing period and not worry about getting ahead of official launch. Guss it depends on what we learn about characters carying over.

Phase 4 characters are getting rolled over into launch.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3