Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: WoW Tribute Book Coming this Fall

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment has announced that a new "tribute" book for World of Warcraft will be issued this fall. The book will feature two hundred pieces of art by professionals and fans alike.

World of Warcraft Tribute showcases professionals and fan artists alike, each paying homage to the most popular MMORPG of all time. The deluxe softcover edition includes over 200 illustrations from the international fan community, along with special pieces created exclusively for the collection by Blizzard’s own Samwise Didier and Arnold Tsang!

Grab the preorder details and check out a nine-page preview of the World of Warcraft Tribute.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    That's actually really cool for the people who got their fan art in there. Hopefully they get their names prominently displayed and possibly a few of them can launch a career from it. Cool thing to have in your portfolio.
  • nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531

Nice but I would have much rather had maps from the vanilla dungeons. Dev excerpts about what they were thinking when they created them. Maybe some cinematic screens from really cool zones. Stuff like that.

Art is cool, but it doesn't remind me of the game personally.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Interesting way to do a eulogy, but not sure this is what I would want to spend $40 to buy.
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Grab that cash while its still a popular IP!

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• KillbaneKillbane Member UncommonPosts: 23
    WoW is far from not being popular I still haven't figured why some of you people think that because you left its not anymore. There are still people coming back to the game because they discover while game hopping that there still isn't anything out that's better and holds their attention more than a few weeks. You have loyal gamers and game hoppers only one of them actually makes a difference. Bet you will never guess which.

Solo play is for off-line players.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Killbane
    WoW is far from not being popular I still haven't figured why some of you people think that because you left its not anymore. There are still people coming back to the game because they discover while game hopping that there still isn't anything out that's better and holds their attention more than a few weeks. You have loyal gamers and game hoppers only one of them actually makes a difference. Bet you will never guess which.

The only reason played keep going back to a game is because they feel at home doing the things they find easy without having to work to hard. The thing about Wow is it made the game real easy and even Stevie Wonder could of played this game. It's the same for other games the FIRST mmo you play 9 out of 10 times is the one you have feelings for and keep returning too.

So folks tend to try one and then the next hype game which people are all OMFG it's amazing and then it comes to light that the gamer feels well it's not amazing because it does not do x, y, or even z compared to your current or the game you spent most of your time in.

I played EQ1 for 8 years and don't go back anymore as it's been dumbed down for players who are not up to what the original EQ1 had to offer. For me while Wow may have brought more players into the industry, what it did which is not good for the MMO market is brought in lots of people who are not up to hard core MMO'ing but want everything on a plate in five minutes syndrome.

So Wow for me was the softest MMO about which gave everyone the opportunity to have instant reward for very little loss and then when you try to introduce loss all you get is whining that it's broke or I want my fix in ten seconds attitude. Now many players are understanding that Wow was not what they really wanted as with it being far to easy, people want a better challenge and while they say they want this in fact many of the gamers cannot or wont accept harder they want a mix of jump in play ten minute and then log off with long feelings of gratification for little or no effort.

A typical example of this is GW2, they have done a really good job in that they allow for quick reward for little or no loss and have also made the game look stunning and continue to update it like they did yesterday. Then look at Neverwinters that has to be one of the worse IP's I've seen in a long time everything is generic and boring as hell once you have done it once it's done. Where as with GW2 they managed to make it look like if is different when in fact it's not it's just disguised well.

If you placed people in Eve players from Wow tend not to play this as they are not able to figure this game out it's too hard for them, so by making Wow easy it's brought lots of lazy gamers to the table and this is not good for MMO's full stop and that's why people keep returning to Wow nothing else...

As for WOW tribute, milk the cash cow springs to mind typical of this company if you look at it's track record.

Asbo

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    bet those who got their art published in this book have a big old smile on their face, not something id buy but would not shrugg it off as a gift.
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Really enjoyed the original WoW. I took my time leveling to )0 and have many great memories of exploring the world and dungeons. I can still remember being so excited about my first mount. The only downside was some of the so called pro gamers who would give you grief if they saw something they didn't approve of. Long story short Wow was a great experience that was occasionally ruined by some people. Isn't the case fior most things though.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    Really enjoyed the original WoW. I took my time leveling to )0 and have many great memories of exploring the world and dungeons. I can still remember being so excited about my first mount. The only downside was some of the so called pro gamers who would give you grief if they saw something they didn't approve of. Long story short Wow was a great experience that was occasionally ruined by some people. Isn't the case fior most things though.

Yeah like this does not happen in every other MMO.