Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] TERA: Rising: Corsair’s Stronghold at E3 2013

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Yarr! There be pirates incomin' to TERA if what we learned at E3 is any indication. It's a terrific sneak peek at the Corsairs' Stronghold that you won't want to miss so check it out before heading to the comments to chat about it, matey!

The main focus of the presentation revolved around the upcoming update currently scheduled for July 2. We’ve been told there is a fairly large amount of content to download just around the corner. En Masse suggests monitoring the Tera website for pre-load information.  This update will consist of the Corsairs’ Stronghold battleground as well as an evolution of the political system. No details to the political changes were available at the time of the presentation; although I’m sure some will emerge as the release date draws closer.

Read more of Joe Iuliani's TERA: Corsair’s Stronghold at E3 2013.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Does En Masse have control of anything?  Aren't these changes simply handed down from the Korean devs?

What I've seen people ask of Tera is optimization and for the UI not to cause the severe frame drops even on good rigs.  People have also asked that Nexus raids don't cause the entire server to freeze up.

Have these been addressed yet?  I don't know I'm just asking. I put the game down a little while ago.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @ Flyby
    Nope they still persist.. going f2p has help them but also let known problems escalated more.. the team in the US just control localization and can set up there own events and comical stuff etc.. but as for other major development stuff they have to wait..
  • AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    I left Tera because of that. The gap between NA and Korea became too big. Don't feel like giving them money anymore; devs don't seem to be interested in what western players feel like - they only want to make the people in their home country happy (at least that's my impression).

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    The gaps are definitely getting bigger and the content patches are really small.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Postcards
    The gaps are definitely getting bigger and the content patches are really small.

This content patch is pretty large though, although it's less content more...quality of life improvements.

All the class balance changes, the 20v20 so you can level alts without questing and the new character select screen.

Try not to focus on what korea has and play the game you currently have and it might not be as troublesome to see the gap increase. Although EME said after this patch/the federation the updates will become quicker and quicker because they are synchronizing the clients.

So all those changes made for NA are being reverted, like all those dungeons dropped from 58 will be back at 58 again.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Yes, but the KR version of Tera has a years worth of more content than NA, that we may not even get.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

@Pivotelite

What upgrades are they doing to the political system?