Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else think that "Everquest Next" is a stupid name?

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Heh!

This thread is pretty funny.

Complaining about a working title.

Funny. :)

You stay sassy!

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

I enjoy the name.

To me it shows the franchise moving on to something new.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    It's been confirmed as the official name by SoE. I don't think they planned it that way but I think it just stuck. I think a title with "Norrath" would have been unique but may have been a mistake not to have "EverQuest" in the title. I'm sure the full title will change as time goes on via updates much like EQ2 is now so there is room for creativity.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Aelious
    It's been confirmed as the official name by SoE. I don't think they planned it that way but I think it just stuck. I think a title with "Norrath" would have been unique but may have been a mistake not to have "EverQuest" in the title. I'm sure the full title will change as time goes on via updates much like EQ2 is now so there is room for creativity.

Ya, everyone seems to have missed that this is the official name and not a working title.

Also;

World of EverQuest

EverQuest: a Realm Reborn

Dark Age of EverQuest

Shroud of the EverQuest

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    http://eq2wire.com/2013/06/18/everquest-next-is-the-official-title-of-everquest-next/

Sorry on phone so no clicky.

I'll assist...

The link is to the main EQ2wire because there you can see the tweets... 

http://eq2wire.com/category/eqnext/

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Boognishe
    It's just a working title.  The real name will be revealed at SOE Live I'm sure.

Whatever the real name it will have an EverQuest or Norrath somewhere in there.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    http://eq2wire.com/2013/06/18/everquest-next-is-the-official-title-of-everquest-next/

Sorry on phone so no clicky.

I'll assist...

The link is to the main EQ2wire because there you can see the tweets... 

http://eq2wire.com/category/eqnext/

Nice one.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    I think it's fine.
  • gakulegakule Member UncommonPosts: 92

I thought I remembered reading that the "Next" portion of it was supposed to refer to the "Next-Gen" game play, but I could be wrong =/

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Everquest Next -

is confirmed as the title I believe on massively? Guess it stands for NEXT GEN?!

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    I care more about the game itself, than a name.  
  • Octavius_TheGreatOctavius_TheGreat Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by zaxtor99

Okay, so obviously a big game. Obviously YEARS of hard work put into it...

Now I'm certainly not saying that they should have called it "Everquest 3"...

But I dunno... "Everquest Next" just sounds like a brainstorming fail for a name. Especially for an mmo that is supposedly as epic as they and mmorpg staff are saying that it is.

Obviously 'Everquest' belongs in the name. I think the word 'next' is the word I have the problem with.

Just a quick 5 second thought process in my mind alone gives me "Everquest Revolution" or "Everquest Ultra" or perhaps something like "Everquest: Break of Dawn" as a much better name.

I dunno. I bet you all can think of 100 names better then Everquest Next for a name, lol.

Is this just me? Or does anyone else think NEXT just sounds dumb, too simple for a game obviously so advanced? ;-)

- Zaxx

It's not just you.

EverQuest Galaxies...

That would have gotten some people's juices flowing lol

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    EverQuest: Full of Awesome.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Could be worse,they could of called it Everquest One
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Octavius_TheGreat
    Originally posted by zaxtor99

Okay, so obviously a big game. Obviously YEARS of hard work put into it...

Now I'm certainly not saying that they should have called it "Everquest 3"...

But I dunno... "Everquest Next" just sounds like a brainstorming fail for a name. Especially for an mmo that is supposedly as epic as they and mmorpg staff are saying that it is.

Obviously 'Everquest' belongs in the name. I think the word 'next' is the word I have the problem with.

Just a quick 5 second thought process in my mind alone gives me "Everquest Revolution" or "Everquest Ultra" or perhaps something like "Everquest: Break of Dawn" as a much better name.

I dunno. I bet you all can think of 100 names better then Everquest Next for a name, lol.

Is this just me? Or does anyone else think NEXT just sounds dumb, too simple for a game obviously so advanced? ;-)

- Zaxx

It's not just you.

You're right, it's only you two! image

No, but seriously... it grows on ya :) ... I felt like you did in the beginning and now, I'm cool with it being the actual title. 

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I think the idea behind Everquest Next is that, much like EQ innovated quite a bit back in the day, EQN will be the NEXT big move forward in terms of innovation for the MMO genre. It fits well, if they manage to pull it off in such a way, so I don't mind it.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    EQ Next is just a place holder..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

They officially confirmed via twitter that's it's the name they're going with.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/18/everquest-nexts-official-title-let-out-of-the-bag/

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

It was. Its now been officially recognised as the games name by SOE

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    No.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    I also agree the name could have been a lot more creative but I dont care if its called "Pizza Adventures" or "Flying butt Monkeys" as long as its really a next gen MMO thats polished I will play it. Almost had me sold just on the fact its EQ.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    It's no more stupid than Everquest 3.