Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Dragon's Prophet: What’s to Come from E3 2013

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During E3 a couple of weeks ago, our team managed to catch up to the Dragon's Prophet team to find out what's next for the newly launched title. Find out what's in store in our exclusive preview and then leave your thoughts in the comments.

Currently the team is fixing issues with lag. They want to make sure the game is running at optimum level when they finally declare launch.Also, they continue to tweak the monetization model so players feel they are getting the most for their money. Todd also said the team is facing some issues with gold farmers, like many MMOs, but they are working on policing that as well. 

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Dragon's Prophet: What’s to Come from E3 2013.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    I actually enjoyed this game. Great elements to it. It needs a lot of polish to pull it all together in a comfortable playing experience though... 
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Overall, I'm really enjoying this game. It has a nice pace to it, has an attention to detail, but still lacks a coat of polish as the previous poster said. Personally, I'd like to see a "quality of life" patch to smooth out some rough edges. There's an addiction factor to the game which might be attributed to the random dragon stats.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Originally posted by Vayman
    Overall, I'm really enjoying this game. It has a nice pace to it, has an attention to detail, but still lacks a coat of polish as the previous poster said. Personally, I'd like to see a "quality of life" patch to smooth out some rough edges. There's an addiction factor to the game which might be attributed to the random dragon stats.

What kind of "polish" does the game need? I've heard that several times now and just want to know what you mean?

character models?

class tweaks?

combat?

content?

bugs?

Thank you

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Tokken

Overall, I'm really enjoying this game. It has a nice pace to it, has an attention to detail, but still lacks a coat of polish as the previous poster said. Personally, I'd like to see a "quality of life" patch to smooth out some rough edges. There's an addiction factor to the game which might be attributed to the random dragon stats

What kind of "polish" does the game need? I've heard that several times now and just want to know what you mean?

character models?

class tweaks?

combat?

content?

bugs?

Thank you

Localization, primarily.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

I love the game but the overall landscape needs polish, and dragons should not be forced towards the ground while flying, I bugexploitjump up on the mountains now and then glide-fly over zones, just let me do that normally, oh and shape those mountains better, it should not even take more then a few days to do.

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by Tokken

character models?

class tweaks?

combat?

content?

bugs?

Thank you

• Better localization (many quests, items still show stuff like "SYS_9492SGDS") 
    • Graphics and combat need smoothing out 
    • Needs a much more robust and educational new player experience - the game has some great complexities which add a lot of flavour but you often stumble upon them by accident and over a long period. Many players who are pained by other aspects of the game don't stick around long enough to find these treats. A good example is people don't get how interesting the combos can be until much later in the game. 
    • Character models are quite good for customization, but like all graphics, need better rendering and smoothing. Also, face/body shape is good, but need more face and hair templates to work from 
    • Public events needs to be built out a bit more and explained better 
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    So from all these comments, it take it that it's fun but need a bigger budget (aka more devs)..

Really hope Soe helps them more with dev and not just publishing..
  • 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

Imagine Runes of Magic with tameable dragons to ride/swim/fly/glide/fight.

If that is what you are looking for this game is your dream come true. If not, stay away for a while and check later if they did something about the inceredible boring leveling experience.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

In terms of polish, I'd say it needs some better difficulty balance and level to quest ratios if that makes sense.  The game is far, far too easy.  Also, I'd say spread the mobs out a little bit.  That is a general complaint is the constant aggro, which of course is just an annoyance of time consumption because it's too easy to AoE them into nothingness.  

I played through one map up to level 30, using a ranger.  I like the game, but I'm kind of in that wait and see mode before I spend more time on it.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by 43%burnt

Imagine Runes of Magic with tameable dragons to ride/swim/fly/glide/fight.

If that is what you are looking for this game is your dream come true. If not, stay away for a while and check later if they did something about the inceredible boring leveling experience.

I found leveling in DP to be rather easy; far less of a grind than even Aion or TERA. I've got a level 30 and a level 42 so far, and I am normally a slooooow leveler in most MMOs. What level did you get to where you find it to be a grind?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351

The game is Fun but its also a lot more complex then most.

I suspect since their is nothing that  explaning things like dragon flutes, how to level and train and teach your dragon skills. How to use the combo combat system. That a lot of gamers and simply gonna try it a few days and move on. Its way more complicated then gw2 to play well. Your most powerfull heals and damage comes from your dragons skills, most players are not willing to tame dragons for a few days to get the good skills and then train the up. 

The game plays a lil bit like origional swg-eve, You have your class and you have your 6 dragons skills as well to use. (swg dual class)( Get 6 dragons with at lerast 2 good purple skills ) !!! it makes a huge differance. Level up your dragons skills when you sleep (eve).

The targeting and optional target lock system takes a whil to figure out how you want it set..

You also have a lot of controal of how the game playes read all the options ( micros are built in).

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351

Just a side note most people are finding leveling very grindy past 45-50, do your public events in the top 2 zones you can and run all dungons int the top 2 zones daily as well.

Early on you level fast off questing but later on you run out of quests and 2 zones of pe events are enough.

• shadowpowashadowpowa Member UncommonPosts: 24
    stay out of this game. 

first of all max level is 60 which takes about a week to get.

there is no endgame besides running the same instance dungeon to get blue set gear which is like 5% better than normal gear. 

there is no way to earn money when you hit the cap, main source of gold was so far quests so gold wont drop from mobs or any dungeon run, also the weapons you get in the dungeon are bounded so you cannot sell them so people find them self loosing money at top lvl. 

there is a big unbalanced between ranged and melee classes, the hardest mode in a dungeon is survival which every hit is critical means you die in 1 hit and you get my point where the unbalancing mixing here. 
    farther more there are classes that can solo easily every hard (5man) dungeon solo while others cant kill a single mob. 

pvp is none existing, dueling is bugged, several skills make you stuck and you cannot react to your oponent all the fight. 

the attributes are totaly messed up, this game is about taming and training dragons, to have the best dragons in game atm you need to invest fully into charsima + dragon potion which is a cash shop item investing mainly in other attributes means you give up on your dragons and will make you gimped, unless you are one of those that will spend rl money for respec later on. 

game is still very bugy in it self, loads of bugs and AI problems. 

next patch in the end of the months offers 10 more lvls which means 3 more days of play and again no endgame. 

the community in this game decreased, servers are dying and empty, my server had 8 channels now it has 1 or 2 on some zones and it still very empty, you might log in without seen a single guy the all day. 

this game is unfinished and lacks everything that determinates a mmo - more like a pre alpha and not a beta, stay out of it until it gets to its final stages which might take few years as it seem now. 
  • RoxRocksRoxRocks Member UncommonPosts: 19

I love the game but crafting needs some serious help. Resources eat up your very limited inventory (personal and bank) real fast, making general questing, exploring, and dungeon runs frustrating because you're constantly running out of bag space. I'd love to explore crafting more but it's not worth it. You have to move items over to the bank so you have room to quest/run dungeons and then move it back to craft? No thanks...too time consuming. I'll stick with Neverwinter until they get the crafting and inventory problems worked out, but with that I think it has great possibilities! 

Oh, and I have to agree about bringing your dragon down as you fly over areas. I've flown into a couple of areas where it brings me so low that I can't fly out and die. That's no fun and exploring from the back of a dragon is one of the biggest perks, so don't ruin it!