Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zealot quit and now Empire is disbanding...

Per one of their leaders:

"I want to thank all of our members for the hard work that they put into the clan. As leaders, we have been checked out of the game for several weeks now. We had some officers take over the clan for a few weeks but unfortunately many of the members still wanted to see our ugly faces online more, which forced our hand in a very tough decision. We didn't want to make this game a job, as most of you can understand. I personally had very high hopes for this game. It is an utter shame that AV released such an unpolished game with a complete lack of meaningful endgame content. Anyways, I am sure we will be back in one form or another."

As predicted AV is killing their own game all over again by releasing a game so unpolished and missing content it is just sad.  Good concept of a game - incompetent company trying to create it....  Before fanboys claim the game is great and give AV more time -- they are already WAY behind on their roadmap which is baffling since they copied 80% of the old game. 

Also, do not tell me the population is healthy at all...  I logged on a clanmates alt last night and we roamed all over Ice and Yssam and found a total of 6 people to PvP with.  Also during primetime I rode from wolflands to human lands to do a map -- saw 1 person ONLY.  I would have seen many, many more a few weeks ago.

Comments

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

three leaders from empire are leaving the game, instead of letting their clan live with their officers running it they are disbanding.

if I recall the leaders that left did the same several times in the old game.  happens with some people.

Also, no one cares about zealot. it was like 15 vets a lot of them got banned for cheating too.

Thus far most of the "high profile" people leaving are bitter 1.0 vets who have been complaining how they hate the game for the last 6 months, should be no surprise.  There still are plenty of large clans and activity.  New players don't care who was cool in 1.0 and don't care that a small non factor clan dissolved, nor do they care that three leaders from a clan left and decided to disband to prove their point.

Oh and for the record the three leaders of empire quit because they felt like it was too much work to play the game.  Guess they miss the old game where they were able to afk macro for two months and bypass a two year skill grind.  Also it was harder to get rare materials and higher end gear in the old game...much harder. 

Like when zealot dissolved, some people will try to make this a huge deal...only the 100-200 old vets might care about this, rest of the game doesn't even know who these guys are and probably don't care.

*also* wasn't the incognito siege last night?  You realize the whole server got involved to kick them out of their holding right?  Please tell me you did a pvp roam while the entire server was busy at a siege then complained the game is dead you found no pvp.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

Really - which Zealot got banned that are on the unholy banhammer?  Please do name them.

Also, it is 3 leaders and another officer also posted how he is unsubbed.  All of the members will not quit but I guarantee you more will follow them.  And sorry but riding form wolf to human lands and seieng one damn player is pathetic and that is going by mob spawns too...

Look - AV needs to wake up and get the damn content in the game they promised...

Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Really - which Zealot got banned that are on the unholy banhammer?  Please do name them.

Also, it is 3 leaders and another officer also posted how he is unsubbed.  All of the members will not quit but I guarantee you more will follow them.  And sorry but riding form wolf to human lands and seieng one damn player is pathetic and that is going by mob spawns too...

Look - AV needs to wake up and get the damn content in the game they promised...

You know exactly who im talking about, just because he dropped clan before he got banned for hacking doesn't mean hes not a zealot...you even said yourself they disbanded and I think umberto is the only remaining member.

You want more people to unsub I get it, keep those fingers crossed.  Glad you enjoyed your pvp roam last night while the entire server was at the alberworth siege.  Odd how you saw now one considering you avoided the siege that everyone else was at.

You ran across the map and saw no one?  Hmm its possible.  If you want pvp I don't have to tell you where to go to find it.  Aimlessly roaming nif or yassm...or doing a run from wolf to human lands itsnt your best bet.  You avoided both highly active pvp continents for whatever reason, and if you were looking for pvp on your trip across the map...you know where to look.

I get your coming here to pass off this stuff on people who don't know the game.  I know BS when I see it since I play.

You avoid active areas then use that as proof the game is dead.  Go to ruby, go to cairn, go to one of the new dungeons, go sit by a feat mob and pvp will show im in minuets.  Go raid a city.  You choose to do anything but go where pvp is known to be then say the game is dead...you avoid a huge siege and go roam on the pvp continents owned by players attending the siege and claim its dead....

The only content missing is the sea towers...one 20 minuet fight ever 12 hrs ...that's it...don't say the dungeons since you avoid them looking for pvp anyway.

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Those so called leaders act and sound like idiots, why not pass the guild down to others. One of the members need to speak to AV about this and get the guild handed over and bypassing those 3 jerks.
    Originally posted by sibs4455
    Those so called leaders act and sound like idiots, why not pass the guild down to others. One of the members need to speak to AV about this and get the guild handed over and bypassing those 3 jerks.

If you read the thread they spoke to the other officers and one of those they spoke to replied and said he already has unsubbed as the game is just not fun.  So if and the other officers did not want to take over the guild then they are doing the right thing...

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    They will be back. 
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    They will be back. 

Just like DF1, huh?  They will come back....  Oh damn there is like 100 active people now but they came back...  Also - go read up on the EU server - it is so dead and boring a lot of them now play on NA, lol  You would think that would mean a population boom but sadly still not :(

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    They will be back. 

Just like DF1, huh?  They will come back....  Oh damn there is like 100 active people now but they came back...  Also - go read up on the EU server - it is so dead and boring a lot of them now play on NA, lol  You would think that would mean a population boom but sadly still not :(

There is thousands of active people.  You see them across the land.  Last night I went to the human starter zone and saw hundreds.  Our clan has approx. 20 actives.

Don't play on EU so I won't comment.

Sorry the 100 was referring to DF1 when people said "they would be back"....  Human lands may have a good amount of people but there is no denying at all that the population is on the decline.  World is nowhere near as filled as it used to be.  Explored Ruby and saw 1 person as I circled the island - that was before the PvP run last night where we barely found anyone.

That was not the case a few weeks ago.  Just wait for the next subscription cycle when it gets worse because they are definitely not bringing in more people than are leaving. 

Originally posted by BrownAle

You know exactly who im talking about, just because he dropped clan before he got banned for hacking doesn't mean hes not a zealot...you even said yourself they disbanded and I think umberto is the only remaining member.

You want more people to unsub I get it, keep those fingers crossed.  Glad you enjoyed your pvp roam last night while the entire server was at the alberworth siege.  Odd how you saw now one considering you avoided the siege that everyone else was at.

You ran across the map and saw no one?  Hmm its possible.  If you want pvp I don't have to tell you where to go to find it.  Aimlessly roaming nif or yassm...or doing a run from wolf to human lands itsnt your best bet.  You avoided both highly active pvp continents for whatever reason, and if you were looking for pvp on your trip across the map...you know where to look.

I get your coming here to pass off this stuff on people who don't know the game.  I know BS when I see it since I play.

You avoid active areas then use that as proof the game is dead.  Go to ruby, go to cairn, go to one of the new dungeons, go sit by a feat mob and pvp will show im in minuets.  Go raid a city.  You choose to do anything but go where pvp is known to be then say the game is dead...you avoid a huge siege and go roam on the pvp continents owned by players attending the siege and claim its dead....

The only content missing is the sea towers...one 20 minuet fight ever 12 hrs ...that's it...don't say the dungeons since you avoid them looking for pvp anyway.

Unless there was another Alberworth siege on NA then that one was night before last; NOT last night since Defiance was still invulnerable to siege after winning, lol  So yeah my bad the siege was NOT last night when we roamed around and found nobody hardly with no big siege going on - busts that myth.  Oh and per a post I was on Ruby and that place was dead as fuck.  We also hit all the major spawns and nobody....  Nobody at khamsets, nobody at earth elementals, nobody at ogre bully's, nobody at hill giants or black knights...  Need me to list more "feat" mobs that had nobody at them?  So yeah we go to the high traffic areas on our pvp nights - I mean who in their right mind would "avoid" them as you say when they go out looking for pvp, ROFL

Like I said the game is not totally dead yet but the population is in decline and anyone who argues that well glad I do not rely on them for advice, lol  It is even discussed in global chat how its declining but hey you go ahead and say it is not -- too damn funny....  Not to mention clans keep getting smaller (Sinister used to be over 100 now at 82 and even said in global they kicked inactive members, most of Zealot quit, Empire disbanding and the leaders + more are quitting - but yeah no decline there either in any of those clans, lol)

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Sorry the 100 was referring to DF1 when people said "they would be back"....  Human lands may have a good amount of people but there is no denying at all that the population is on the decline.  World is nowhere near as filled as it used to be.  Explored Ruby and saw 1 person as I circled the island - that was before the PvP run last night where we barely found anyone. That was not the case a few weeks ago.  Just wait for the next subscription cycle when it gets worse because they are definitely not bringing in more people than are leaving. 

Is this an assumption or are there numbers I haven't seen?

I see people all the time. Yesterday I was finishing up grungrocs (at 80k prowess lol) and got pvp from 2 seperate groups.

A small group from my clan went to farm centaurs for a couple hours and had at least 2 or 3 encounters.

Then later that night somebody dropped a siege which lead to another 3 - 4 separate engagements.

Go to either of the new dungeons and I promise you'll get action. Go try to farm any high traffic mob and you'll get action. I have no idea what you're complaining about.
    Originally posted by JeremyBowyer

Sorry the 100 was referring to DF1 when people said "they would be back"....  Human lands may have a good amount of people but there is no denying at all that the population is on the decline.  World is nowhere near as filled as it used to be.  Explored Ruby and saw 1 person as I circled the island - that was before the PvP run last night where we barely found anyone.

That was not the case a few weeks ago.  Just wait for the next subscription cycle when it gets worse because they are definitely not bringing in more people than are leaving. 

Is this an assumption or are there numbers I haven't seen? I see people all the time. Yesterday I was finishing up grungrocs (at 80k prowess lol) and got pvp from 2 seperate groups. A small group from my clan went to farm centaurs for a couple hours and had at least 2 or 3 encounters. Then later that night somebody dropped a siege which lead to another 3 - 4 separate engagements. Go to either of the new dungeons and I promise you'll get action. Go try to farm any high traffic mob and you'll get action. I have no idea what you're complaining about.

last count of the clanned members was something like 87 people left. prior to that it was a handful.

Hopefully with the constant stream of new player, they can offset the fact that people are going to leave after a month or two.  Largest problem with DF1 was that there was nealy no new players in that game, not counting people who got banned for hacking then rolled a new account..

Its not a huge game so yeah losing roughly 100 people hurts, but it was a very small percent that left, especially compared to the massive drop offs you see in themeparks.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by BrownAle

Originally posted by JeremyBowyer
    Sorry the 100 was referring to DF1 when people said "they would be back"....  Human lands may have a good amount of people but there is no denying at all that the population is on the decline.  World is nowhere near as filled as it used to be.  Explored Ruby and saw 1 person as I circled the island - that was before the PvP run last night where we barely found anyone.   That was not the case a few weeks ago.  Just wait for the next subscription cycle when it gets worse because they are definitely not bringing in more people than are leaving. 

Is this an assumption or are there numbers I haven't seen? I see people all the time. Yesterday I was finishing up grungrocs (at 80k prowess lol) and got pvp from 2 seperate groups. A small group from my clan went to farm centaurs for a couple hours and had at least 2 or 3 encounters. Then later that night somebody dropped a siege which lead to another 3 - 4 separate engagements. Go to either of the new dungeons and I promise you'll get action. Go try to farm any high traffic mob and you'll get action. I have no idea what you're complaining about.

last count of the clanned members was something like 87 people left. prior to that it was a handful.

Hopefully with the constant stream of new player, they can offset the fact that people are going to leave after a month or two.  Largest problem with DF1 was that there was nealy no new players in that game, not counting people who got banned for hacking then rolled a new account..

Its not a huge game so yeah losing roughly 100 people hurts, but it was a very small percent that left, especially compared to the massive drop offs you see in themeparks.

I was referring to his overall sentiment that dfuw is dying or that you don't see people.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I'm sure that DFUW will continue to 'tick over' with a hardcore nucleus of fans.

However, I wouldn't have thought that DFUW makes enough money to fund full-time development. 

Given the poor state of the EU economy and Greece's very high rate of tax, I would presume that the AV devs have a main job elsewhere and develop DFUW in their spare time.

This would be entirely consistent with DFUW's rate of progress.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I'm sure that DFUW will continue to 'tick over' with a hardcore nucleus of fans.

However, I wouldn't have thought that DFUW makes enough money to fund full-time development. 

Given the poor state of the EU economy and Greece's very high rate of tax, I would presume that the AV devs have a main job elsewhere and develop DFUW in their spare time.

We get a patch a week, that's good progress.

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

They are just upset that they couldn't exploit their characters to own hordes of normal people anymore.  Imo the game is much improved and I'm enjoying it very much more than the original.

There are plenty of large clans and alliances to take their place. 

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Empire will be reformed as soon as it disbands... I know as I'm a member and we are working on a new clan via a fb group for the past 3 or 4 days.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Originally posted by Greymoor

Yes, you do - the last one was ok-ish.

The problem is that none of the patches provide a different way of playing. Or something that will make you say, "Wow, I want to experience that!" Such as 3D goggle support.

However, to be fair, all games are looking equally lackluster these days.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Greymoor

Yes, you do - the last one was ok-ish.

The problem is that none of the patches provide a different way of playing. Or something that will make you say, "Wow, I want to experience that!" Such as 3D goggle support.

However, to be fair, all games are looking equally lackluster these days.

We got a new dungeon, a new ship, new feats and new mobs + new territory GUI and a bunch of good fixes. How is that an ok-ish patch? Especially considering how amazing the dungeon is.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Lesson to be learned,pick a good guild and a good leader.

If you have a leader so focused on uni directional gaming,like end game is here in this case,he is destined to get upset if he can't dominate or win at it.

You have to have people that just want to have fun and enjoy the game at a relaxed pace,anything other than that and it is drama,guaranteed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    You guys are missing the point all these people are quitting because DFUW just plain isn't fun.  Not even in the same ballpark as the original.  So much content is missing that was already created, tested and thoroughly used in the old game is just plain gone.  Along with several of the newer "design" decisions like a smaller world, big safezones, crappy transfers, and just flat out shitty loot on mobs make it so you really have nothing to do and nothing to farm farm sieges with more than 100 or so people are still horrendously broken there is just really no reason to play.......
    Originally posted by 123443211234
    You guys are missing the point all these people are quitting because DFUW just plain isn't fun.  Not even in the same ballpark as the original.  So much content is missing that was already created, tested and thoroughly used in the old game is just plain gone.  Along with several of the newer "design" decisions like a smaller world, big safezones, crappy transfers, and just flat out shitty loot on mobs make it so you really have nothing to do and nothing to farm farm sieges with more than 100 or so people are still horrendously broken there is just really no reason to play.......

It's always hard to get through to the fanboys.  They are so uber hyped up they put a 2nd dungeon and totally gloss over how Tasos bent them over and stuck it where it counts - I mean Tasos' own words were that 29 of 32 dungeons were done in November....  Yet somehow only 2 have made it in game and they let AV slide completely, lol

They should revisit this thread and see what AV has delivered as they said they would...

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?361102-Post-titled-Confirmed-Missing-Features-Addressed

Originally posted by 123443211234

Yes - you are exactly right. You've put it much better than I have.

• JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131

Its funny because in game everyone is so happy Empire is finally done, people have honestly been waiting and hoping for thsi day for a while. Why you ask? Because they have (had) an emperor who was a total douchebag. Mid as well have been Lord British running that clan.

So for the people trying to say this is the reason sub numbers are dropping or this is some "Sign", no sorry anyone that plays DF knew this would happen eventually, it just came sooner than expected.

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

Originally posted by JIUBHUNNY420

Its funny because in game everyone is so happy Empire is finally done, people have honestly been waiting and hoping for thsi day for a while. Why you ask? Because they have (had) an emperor who was a total douchebag. Mid as well have been Lord British running that clan.

So for the people trying to say this is the reason sub numbers are dropping or this is some "Sign", no sorry anyone that plays DF knew this would happen eventually, it just came sooner than expected.

It sounds to me as if that "douchebag" was providing all the entertainment.

This discussion has been closed.