Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It is as simple as this Yes or No

123457»

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584

So in 8 pages we have this

Yes = 115

No= 22

Did not count the undecided .  I would say that is a positive amount of yes . witch speaks volumes about this game and the pulse of it . Good things and more to come

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Inigo_Montoya

So in 8 pages we have this

Yes = 115

No= 22

Did not count the undecided .  I would say that is a positive amount of yes . witch speaks volumes about this game and the pulse of it . Good things and more to come

Indeed.

ARR isn't perfect. Not at all. There are a number of things I'm not really crazy about. But it's a solid game that is actually quite fun and engaging (unless you're running around only looking for the bad while ignoring the good, as some seem to be doing).

A trend I see coming up a lot is "It's not like FFXI".

I agree. It isn't. It shares some similarities. There are certainly echoes of Vana'diel in there... some rather pronounced.  Regardless, it isn't FFXI.

It's FFXIV.

People who continue to keep trying to drag the experience of playing FFXI into Eorzea are going to continue to be disappointed.

Mind you, I'm a huge fan of FFXI (or at least of the game it used  to be, before SE decided to take it in a different direction). It's my all-time favorite MMO, and I used to evangelize the hell out of it. I played it for over 7 years. So believe me, I understand where the desire for things to be like they were in XI is coming from.

It ain't happening. ARR is a different game, and it should be.

My suggestion is to either approach and play ARR for what it is, or simply don't play it. It makes no sense to play a new game if you're going to continuously pine for another. May as well just play that other game instead.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I wont buy it till I can play it for free.
  • OmniproOmnipro Member UncommonPosts: 23
    YES (PreOrdered)

Aion
    Final Fantasy XI
    Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I wont buy it till I can play it for free.

Will never happen.

Good luck with EQN, it'll be F2P for sure!

SOE loves F2P.

As Yoshi-P said, often games that go F2P usually do so to try and make some money back for investors. EA did it with TOR, but why aren't WAR and UO F2P? - both owned and operated by EA, both still subscription based.

Because UO and WAR were paid off a long, long time ago. Everything now is pure profit. Both games are making money with the skeleton crew they have.

RIFT, TSW, F2P to make some money as Trion spent a ton on EoN and Defiance.

TSW just never sold well, Funcom already had AoC on life support F2P mode too.

500k subs is all Yoshi has said FFXIV needs to maintain a profit and keep running at full capacity (i.e. no skeleton crew/maintenance mode, but active development + expansions etc.)

FFXI probably still has 500k subs after almost 12 years.

FFXIV will easily get that amount worldwide between US/EU/JP.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    yes

• IllunariIllunari Member UncommonPosts: 14

qerguhgwieuhgsjn jbi;nt;bgsjbfnsiubs!@#!$!$

Excited face roll.....AKA YES!

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Most assuredly YES.
  • netosampaionetosampaio Member UncommonPosts: 23
    yes
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Me thinks there mayhaps should have been a poll...
  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
    yes , although I got 1.0 but I bought collector edition to feed my nerdy needs
  • nightowl79anightowl79a Member Posts: 26

Its definitely not as simple as yes or no.. 

Of course for the sake of this post: yes.

It's only $29 and for that price, its a steal, even if I only play it for a month. 

• UoriUori Member Posts: 8
    Yes
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    yes me too
    Chamber of Chains
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    No! standard themepark with a subscription. I already got burned by this game once.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I'm still trying to get into the game.I won't buy it without being able to try it.  Short answer ......today.....NO.
  • daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

NOpe.

theres better coming.

• JG_KitesJG_Kites Member Posts: 23
    Yes

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Yes.
    Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • plutosamsplutosams Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Yes
  • Maik36Maik36 Member CommonPosts: 59
    Yes, they can have my money now.
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Me thinks there mayhaps should have been a poll...

I did not want people to hide behind there answers in a poll . I wanted people to see the actual yes and no . A poll is just numbers . a yes or no attached to a person has greater impact over all . And over all people love this game . The people who say no and for what reason they give might see this and say hummm maybe I should reevaluate my no stance . People who say maybe or undecided might see all the positive in this and say hummmm its worth a try .

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link