Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online: Game On Goes Back in Time with Ultima Online

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Another week and another episode of Game On: Epic Slant Press Edition! On this episode Dr. Klassi fills in for Chris and he discusses Ultima Online with Adam. Are you curious about this aging title? Drop in and listen as the pair explain how the sandbox and skill-based systems work. They also discuss various Kickstarter projects that they're looking forward to. Follow the hosts on Twitter! Chris is @gamebynight and Adam is @FerrelES.

Check it out on the Game On podcast page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Video isn't working.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

It's an audio podcast.  :P

Though video is in its future.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Sorry to say but I would much rather read up on this then listen to this.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I actually enjoyed the podcast? Anyway I love and miss UO. Could have easily been the platform that MMOs were developed towards. Either way I definitely had the best memories from this game, and hope another comes out like it soon!
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

It's an audio podcast.  :P

Though video is in its future.

Haha I feel dumb now. Oh well, guess I'll give it a listen then.

• tedgartedgar Member Posts: 52

hey send me a messege of what server "shard" you are on

and char name been playing uo  since the start uo:r....

get down on some doom  

i can be a mean tamer thief..... so glad to see this game still in the minds of many.........back to drink and playing uo

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    UO died with the Age of Shadows expansion.  Trying to remake UO in a EQ style just broke the game.  It was EA's version of a NGE.
  • stvnkrs10stvnkrs10 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    any UO fans should check out Shroud of the Avatar. It's Richards new creation coming out next year. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I've tried to go back to UO a few times over the years and I just can't ever get into it anymore......This is one game where the graphics are truly gamebreaking.
  • DropDeadFredDropDeadFred Member Posts: 5
    I agree, this was my first. this brings back a lot memories. I remember getting my newbi's ass kicked by a chicke. I was so pissed, I was like wtf I cant even win a fight against a chicken? Always total chaos in Britainia. No where was safe from thief's sticky fingers or murders. Soo fun... :-)

• JesterDSJesterDS Member Posts: 2
    Content > graphics IMO. How can you beat 16 years of added content? I have played the likes of ff realm reborn, arche age and other newest titles yet I still find myself playing ultima and missing beta times on the new games.
    I quit for a while after AoS hit as I thought it took too much away from the hardcore play style and cool vanq silver weps. After giving it another shot, I found myself loving it again. While I don't play OSI anymore, there are some amazing free shards. The best I have found and have played for years is the excelsior free shard. The admins are always adding new content and manage the server well. Come hit me up...Zebo
    Anyways, would be sweet if they would somehow pickup uo:2 again!