Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe interview ESO

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6nA4k77lcc

Happy to see they're listening to players.  Hopefully it's solid, because good PC/console MMO's are a rare thing to find.  I was kinda like angry joe in the sense that my interest level was low at the start but slowly rising.  

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Good interview, Joe doesn't pull any punches.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Entinerint
    Good interview, Joe doesn't pull any punches.

Agreed, thats the main reason I posted it, just straight to the point no BS interview and those are the best ones.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    He did ask the dreaded dragon question though.  I wish one interviewer would just NOT ask that question of the ESO devs.  Or maybe they all made a pact to ask it every interview as a gaming press troll on the devs and the fans lol.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    If its not gonna have monthly sub than i hope it is a b2p and not a f2p.
    Originally posted by tkreep

There's no shot it will be a F2P download game,  from what it seems we will have a subscription based 15 dollar/month game but depending on how much the appeal rises a B2P formula could be do-able no doubt.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

There's no shot it will be a F2P download game,  from what it seems we will have a subscription based 15 dollar/month game but depending on how much the appeal rises a B2P formula could be do-able no doubt.  

From what it seems? Where? What are you basing that on? By what you want?

I do not agree. Most likely case in my opinion is B2P. Makes sense to me, since they can pull a guild wars move and release expansions like they tend to already do for their single player games.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

I do not agree. Most likely case in my opinion is B2P. Makes sense to me, since they can pull a guild wars move and release expansions like they tend to already do for their single player games.

First OP, thank you for posting, that was an excellent video. However, I have the same question as this guy. Where is there ANY info about the payment model? Even in the video you posted they said they are still looking into it. I also agree with the guy above regarding B2P which is the most likely, though I would be happy as well if they did a monthly with a lower subscription, anything like $8 or less (less than Netflix). I think 15/month is just a tough sell nowadays...though since Im not cheap, Ill pay for any game I love as long as they are using the money to keep the game stable and pump out additional features/content.

There Is Always Hope!

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I  WAS excited about the game.Too many decisions  that I think are moving the game in the wrong direction have cooled  my enthusiasm significantly.Today...I wouldn't pay a monthly fee. I'm just not at all sold on the game any more.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

With the announcement about going cross platform, I don't see a sub in their future. Console players would have to pay Microsoft's and Sony's "online fee" and then a sub to TES:O? I do not think that will fly, but I could wrong.

I still laugh when "Skyrim Gameplay" is stated as "Elder Scrolls Gameplay." Mainly 4, sometimes 3 previous Elder Scroll Titles disagree.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    I  WAS excited about the game.Too many decisions  that I think are moving the game in the wrong direction have cooled  my enthusiasm significantly.Today...I wouldn't pay a monthly fee. I'm just not at all sold on the game any more.

Is it because they are listening to beta feedback and adjusting the game accordingly per the interview? Yea, I agree, listening to the people testing is horrible.

There Is Always Hope!

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

With the announcement about going cross platform, I don't see a sub in their future. Console players would have to pay Microsoft's and Sony's "online fee" and then a sub to TES:O? I do not think that will fly, but I could wrong.

I still laugh when "Skyrim Gameplay" is stated as "Elder Scrolls Gameplay." Mainly 4, sometimes 3 previous Elder Scroll Titles disagree.

Yea, I know right.

For god knows something can't, and shouldn't, evolve. Staying with the same old formula, never try to think ouside the box is definitely the right way to go.

/sarcasm off

I for one like the gameplay of Skyrim. It's somewhat different in a few aspects from a few other ES titles but I wouldn't call it anything less than "ES gameplay". I for one don't expect the same game with a new name every damn release. In fact, I want change, I want developers trying something slightly different instead of blindly following a set path.

I'm all for nostalgia as the next guy, I love my old goodies, I can mention tons of games that I absolutely love with all my heart. However, just because I loved Metroid or Zelda on the NES doesn't mean I want every game to be another Metroid or Zelda.

Regarding TESO though, I'm not 100% convinced. I'm not sure I like that they are trying to blurr the lines of each faction. I don't want to be in a guild or party with other factions, and then suddenly hate/fight them in Cyrodiil? It sort of reminds me of WvW in GW2. I didn't feel connected at all when essentially all I'm fighting is a mirror.

I want to have real enemies, not friends I play at war with at the playground.

Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

First OP, thank you for posting, that was an excellent video. However, I have the same question as this guy. Where is there ANY info about the payment model? Even in the video you posted they said they are still looking into it. I also agree with the guy above regarding B2P which is the most likely, though I would be happy as well if they did a monthly with a lower subscription, anything like $8 or less (less than Netflix). I think 15/month is just a tough sell nowadays...though since Im not cheap, Ill pay for any game I love as long as they are using the money to keep the game stable and pump out additional features/content.

There is no info on payment model, I was just purely specualting lol Dont quote me or anything.  I would like to see a B2P Model myself.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Lorgarn
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Yea, I know right.

For god knows something can't, and shouldn't, evolve. Staying with the same old formula, never try to think ouside the box is definitely the right way to go.

/sarcasm off

I for one like the gameplay of Skyrim. It's somewhat different in a few aspects from a few other ES titles but I wouldn't call it anything less than "ES gameplay". I for one don't expect the same game with a new name every damn release. In fact, I want change, I want developers trying something slightly different instead of blindly following a set path.

I'm all for nostalgia as the next guy, I love my old goodies, I can mention tons of games that I absolutely love with all my heart. However, just because I loved Metroid or Zelda on the NES doesn't mean I want every game to be another Metroid or Zelda.

Regarding TESO though, I'm not 100% convinced. I'm not sure I like that they are trying to blurr the lines of each faction. I don't want to be in a guild or party with other factions, and then suddenly hate/fight them in Cyrodiil? It sort of reminds me of WvW in GW2. I didn't feel connected at all when essentially all I'm fighting is a mirror.

I want to have real enemies, not friends I play at war with at the playground.

Agreed 100%.  As a PvP player especially Im still very cautious as to how this game is going to be.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Even if they don't go the P2P route they could easily go the B2P route. I'm pretty sure they can get a nice package together.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Designed for consoles says a lot. I dont pay much more then 60 bucks for a console game and wont pay more then that. Console gamers are not a fan of paying 15 bucks a month + the 5 bucks a month they pay to stay connected online with Sony. Unless its DLC they should be just a B2P game. Only way to really get the console market. Welcome to where kids eat free and the screaming can can get really loud.