Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 60 GWF looking for help and suggestions!

FusRoMeowFusRoMeow Member UncommonPosts: 1
So, I'm a level 60 Great Weapon Fighter and I really don't know what armor to wear. I know most of you will suggest Avatar of War set, but I can't afford that nor can I obtain it from the Temple of the Spider tier 2 dungeon because I can't beat the last boss, mainly because I need an armor upgrade first! So pretty much I just need your guy's suggestions on what armor I should wear in order to deal good dps and stay alive in dungeons. I really dig Power of course, Criticals, Armor penetration, any amount of defense, and recovery. All of the tier 2 armor is weaker obviously, and I need better armor then that for tier 2. Right now I am wearing the Berserker champion armor, and it is not a set but it has awesome stats. But it makes my gear score lower then it should be, but it is above tier 2 requirements. Anyways, please suggest me what armor set you think would be best for me because I honestly haven't a clue! Thanks :)

Comments

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91

I just pvp'd till i had enough for the whole set and then ran tier 2. you wont be the best dps that way but if your group isnt crappy then it will carry you till you grab some tier 2 peices to replace the pvp set.

All your gems need to be crit strike. Crit is a GWF's bread and butter. dont focus on power. you get enough of that in item stats.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by FusRoMeow
    So, I'm a level 60 Great Weapon Fighter and I really don't know what armor to wear. I know most of you will suggest Avatar of War set, but I can't afford that nor can I obtain it from the Temple of the Spider tier 2 dungeon because I can't beat the last boss, mainly because I need an armor upgrade first! So pretty much I just need your guy's suggestions on what armor I should wear in order to deal good dps and stay alive in dungeons. I really dig Power of course, Criticals, Armor penetration, any amount of defense, and recovery. All of the tier 2 armor is weaker obviously, and I need better armor then that for tier 2. Right now I am wearing the Berserker champion armor, and it is not a set but it has awesome stats. But it makes my gear score lower then it should be, but it is above tier 2 requirements. Anyways, please suggest me what armor set you think would be best for me because I honestly haven't a clue! Thanks :)

One suggestion I could make about the boss fights. Get some of the cash shop health potions.  They scale all the way to 60, and will give you a total heal.  I also have a level 60 GWF.  I finally gave up trying to gear them up, given that GWF's tend to get kicked, just because they are GWF.  But I wish you all the best of luck.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Beoelf21
    I just pvp'd till i had enough for the whole set and then ran tier 2. you wont be the best dps that way but if your group isnt crappy then it will carry you till you grab some tier 2 peices to replace the pvp set. All your gems need to be crit strike. Crit is a GWF's bread and butter. dont focus on power. you get enough of that in item stats.
    Thats what I did. PvP will give you a full set of T1 gear.