Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Available Continents at Launch

IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
How many continents do you think will be available for us to explore at launch? I'm personally hoping that more than just Antonica, Faydwer, and Odus are available at launch. I'm personally hoping for a completely new continent to go along with the assumed initial continents.

Comments

• MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89
    I can only imagine how Faydwer will look with next gen graphics
  • Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    For some reason I really only just want to see Kunark.... 

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• penlaenpenlaen Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Faydwer and Antonica for sure.
    Maybe Kunark too.
  • VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Dareth
  • IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    I appreciate the thread hijacking... pandaria...
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Original three plus Kunark would be great. I'd love for an unknown 5th one too, something new and different than the first 5 from EQ1.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    I'd like to have just the original three, so we can crawl over every single inch of the continents before moving into the others.
  • DandalusDandalus Member Posts: 13
    The Big 3 plus Kunark. 
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10

I thought it would be funny.

I thought it was funny.

--------------------------------------------
  • JigawattsJigawatts Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Kunark and Iksar were/are so popular that I cant imagine them not being included.
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    The game will not follow EQ1 or 2 Lore.  I am sure we will see the basic continents, but don't be shocked if we see one or 2 not in EQ or EQ2.
  • dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

EQ2 didn't have Odus (or Faydwer for that matter), so I doubt EQN will.

They have to save stuff to keep us interested in the expansions.

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267
    damnit - give us Kaladim back.
  • KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272
    If SOE is serious about bringing something revolutionary they will include all of the continents and the lore from their previous successful titles (Everquest, Everquest 2), as they can bring to this parallel universe in a much more dynamic, ever changing environmental setting the players can interact, build, destroy, mold, and shape amongst a huge populace involving all the beasties and NPCs/MOBs will all remember so well, in some sort or another but in a much more immersive, dynamic, sandbox would could comprehend...something truly revolutionary and game changing and enduring as Everquest was when it was introduced as the first 3D MMORPG
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

antonica, the common lands, odus, and kunark

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    As someone who never played EQ mind pointing me to a good source of Lore about the game.  I was playing Asheron's Call at the time and never understood the appeal of EQ.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    As someone who never played EQ mind pointing me to a good source of Lore about the game.  I was playing Asheron's Call at the time and never understood the appeal of EQ.

Try http://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/history-of-everquest/

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Wts Trance stick 1k plat pst

East commons tunnel ftw!

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    my guess would be 2 of the original 3 plus a heretofore unknown landmass.... kunark to come in an expac just to keep it real :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by DMKano

I hope that all continents and more are in - but that all of them are completely new. After 14 years of EQ1 I have the entire world map and all zones burned in my brain, I'd like to see something different.

Yeah, I agree to an extent, would be cool to see a few of the original things still there, like maybe the bird tree in S. Karana, and such, and some of the dungeons, but make them have a different layout or something.  I would be good with all new though, the world being too familiar is what kind of made me wary of playing EQ2, it felt almost not new or something, due to knowing where things were.  It didn't run too great on my cpu at the time either, it ran ok, but not to where I would of liked it.  So while I played EQ for 6-8 years total probably, I didn't have much interest in EQ2.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Xthos
    Originally posted by DMKano

I hope that all continents and more are in - but that all of them are completely new. After 14 years of EQ1 I have the entire world map and all zones burned in my brain, I'd like to see something different.

Yeah, I agree to an extent, would be cool to see a few of the original things still there, like maybe the bird tree in S. Karana, and such, and some of the dungeons, but make them have a different layout or something.  I would be good with all new though, the world being too familiar is what kind of made me wary of playing EQ2, it felt almost not new or something, due to knowing where things were.  It didn't run too great on my cpu at the time either, it ran ok, but not to where I would of liked it.  So while I played EQ for 6-8 years total probably, I didn't have much interest in EQ2.

I really hope that most of the major landmarks are still in their respective zones. Sarnak fort redone, made bigger and have a more intimidating presence in LOIO, KC still around Dreadlands but same as the Sarnak fort. The bastard black horse in Lesser Faydark, the dragon bridge in Velious, just anything really that would seem really really odd if they were missing.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I think the sun has gone Nova, and all the seas have dried, and there is one big continent...  however thats not in the game, EQnext will play on another contintent and the orriginal world of EQ will feature as an expasnion in this SciFi version of EQ.

With what we know this is as accurate as any other guess.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)