Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the top 5 classes you want to see in EQN?

Comments

• KaraethonKaraethon Member Posts: 33
    I am hoping classes will only be templates and that it will be skill based with no levels.  More like UO than any of the other level and loot based games out now.
  • SneakyTurtleSneakyTurtle Member Posts: 41

Shadow Knight

Assassin

Monk

Necromancer

Warden / Fury (Too hard to pick one, I loved both of them)

- SneakyTurtle

• JigawattsJigawatts Member UncommonPosts: 48

Well I didn't mean the EQ1 classes should be brought over wholesale, or that it should be the sole source of inspiration. EQ2 definitely has ideas that can be mined for the new game. What I meant is that the EQ1 classes (including their names and roles) need to be the base skeleton template from which the new ones are built, they can go to town with innovation after the foundations are laid.

Besides, one of the few things we absolutely do know for certain about this game is that it will have classes and levels. Probably not what all the people clamoring for a skill based game want to hear.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Druid

Druid

Druid

Druid

Beastlor.....Druid.

• Nurf3dukNurf3duk Member Posts: 35
    problem with no class system and just skills , is that you end up with everyone using the same template with tiny variations.....Classes are unique, I loved all the classes in EQ until Beastlords....I always loved the idea of the SK
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by jdlamson75
    If it's a sandboxy kind of game we're going for, then a classless system with a skill cap suits my fancy.  There would have to be tons of useful spells/abilities, and I mean really useful, or everyone will have the same stuff.  If done right, it could be pretty damn awesome.

THIS

Give us 55 skills all with sub-skills and abilities (everything from combat, magic, stealth/thievery, crafting, gathering, influence, taming, riding) each with a 0-100 scale.  Allow 1100 skill points per character so each character can master 1/5th of the available skills so 5 people can have/do everything.  Make attributes govern skill-caps and allow players to max 1/2 of the attributes.  Then assign titles (roles) to people who max out certain combinations of skills.  

Then add a plus-minus-lock OVER TIME respeccing system (when you want to learn a new skill but have spent all your SP you set a maxxed skill to minus and the new skill you are learning will pull points from the minused skill as you learn).

Everything you can do in the game should be skill-based.

PER

FEC

TION

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I agree with the no classes concept.  You get better at what you do.  You wield the weapon you carry.  You craft those items you choose to study, etc. etc.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• JedidiahTheadoreJedidiahTheadore Member Posts: 48
    Necromancer and wizard are the only two I care about, those are the two I would/will play.
  • KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Would be nice if they did away with classes of the older EQs and went with skill trees which started with a storybrick involving your character and their race, their god and/or belief system, their tribe, etc...something that links them with the lore of Norrath and unfolds from there

As your character progress you improve in whatever skills and skill trees accordingly with each action/decision throughout gameplay; basically the choices you make help your character grow and evolve

In order to reach higher skill trees as you progress you need to unlock them through continued use and certain special quests and events so specialization and mastery is possible, though limited so players cannot master more then a couple skill trees and are defined by their role in the world and their unique expression so to speak

• JigawattsJigawatts Member UncommonPosts: 48

For all those wanting a skill based game:

"Very few games have broken out of that mold. One or two have. EVE Online is a great example; it's not standard level-based gameplay, although I'm not saying we're going to a big skill-based system. You're still going to recognize the roleplaying game heritage in it."

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

rogue

warri

mage

everything else is new age nonsense :P

^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

Monk (not the gimped 1/2 tank eq2 one, the real old school monk)

SK

Cleric

Beastlord

Druid

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451

If one wants to be rid of the class-based system, then avoiding highly tuned content is a must. Highly tuned raids and group encounters require certain roles to be filled, certain skills to be used, thus leading to preferential builds.

In early EQ for example, a dragon boss wasn't that 'tuned'. You had unlimited group sizes. Because of this, you could have crazy, sub-optimal builds playing along side better optimized builds. Granted, EQ has a class system, but it isn't the most rigid I've played. 

So yeah...as for EQN...I'm hoping for no classes. If  want to be a heavily armored wizard, why not? There is no 'law', other than tired convention, that prohibits it.

• QuixoticMcGeeQuixoticMcGee Member Posts: 2

Necromancer

Coercer 

Paladin

Wizard

Assassin

I played more EQ2 than EQ1 and those were my favorite EQ2 classes.

It would be interesting if EQN took a more SWG approach to skills and professions, but I'm not sure that would work as well with the admittedly DnD and Fantasy based setting. I guess we shall see.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Shadowknight, Necro, Coercer, Enchanter, Ranger (just so I can be killed a lot).
  • tobiaziantobiazian Member UncommonPosts: 1
    bard,necro,sk,mage, druid but damit give us a old school bard at least 
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875

I would like to see no levels you just put your xp gain into a class tree and let you pick where your xp goes so you could have some in a bunch of different classes. That being said here are my five

Druid

Paladin

Monk

Sorcerer

and just for fun

a Deathknight.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    No classes and no levels.  I want to see a skill based system since as you know it's one of the pillars of Sandbox games and all.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Entinerint
    Originally posted by jdlamson75
    If it's a sandboxy kind of game we're going for, then a classless system with a skill cap suits my fancy.  There would have to be tons of useful spells/abilities, and I mean really useful, or everyone will have the same stuff.  If done right, it could be pretty damn awesome.

THIS

Give us 55 skills all with sub-skills and abilities (everything from combat, magic, stealth/thievery, crafting, gathering, influence, taming, riding) each with a 0-100 scale.  Allow 1100 skill points per character so each character can master 1/5th of the available skills so 5 people can have/do everything.  Make attributes govern skill-caps and allow players to max 1/2 of the attributes.  Then assign titles (roles) to people who max out certain combinations of skills.  

Then add a plus-minus-lock OVER TIME respeccing system (when you want to learn a new skill but have spent all your SP you set a maxxed skill to minus and the new skill you are learning will pull points from the minused skill as you learn).

Everything you can do in the game should be skill-based.

PER

FEC

TION

So basically Asheron's Call.  image

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

I would like to see classes from other cultures:

Ninja

Samurai

Spartan

Witchdoctor

etc

sure, some of them have been done, but I am really waiting for someone to get the whole experience...what it means to be a samurai...what does the life of a Spartan warrior entail.

Looking for classes to be more of a total experience and not just a means of determining what weapons I can carry and what skills I havE. I want the first 100 hours to be all about training me...for example, about becoming Ninja...starting from a moron holding the wrong end of the blade...as a small child....ending with testing against my master...as an adult

then the game has me doing what a fully training whatever does....

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

I would like to see... no classes. Just skills. Skills that get better with use. Skills that have experience points unique to them. So if I spend an afternoon fishing and earn XP, I can't use said XP to level up my tracking.

Tracking and fishing... that I level up independently. So I can build my version of a Ranger class. Which is completely different from the next person's version of a Ranger class.

So really... no classes.

• TyriuTyriu Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Beastlord, rogue, shaman, wizard, necro
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Vorthanion

Druid

Druid

Druid

Druid

Beastlor.....Druid.

I find that odd given your signature.  I would have expected dps rogue. image

What can I say, I'm a creature of habit.....hehe.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Bard, Monk, Druid, Enchanter, and Necro

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Shadowknight, Fury, Defiler, Dirge, Troubador

Killing dragons is my shit