Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Is this game really balanced?

dasX82dasX82 TenerifePosts: 84Member

I just came back to play this game and I've noticed that almost the 90% of the population is Rouge, Mages or Cleric.

Sometime in a wf all are roges and mages. Have you noticed that or is just me?

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki White Pigeon, MIPosts: 2,602Member Uncommon

Originally posted by dasX82
    I just came back to play this game and I've noticed that almost the 90% of the population is Rouge, Mages or Cleric.Sometime in a wf all are roges and mages. Have you noticed that or is just me?
    Class, Role and Soul balance is absolutely terrible.

Balance is definitely one of Rift's weakest aspects and Trion doesnt care.

• dasX82dasX82 TenerifePosts: 84Member
    I made a warrior and i'm forced to go at range due to everyone is range in this game. Mele class are completely useless and a painful to play with.
  • RocketeerRocketeer NachrodtPosts: 1,304Member
    Originally posted by dasX82
    I made a warrior and i'm forced to go at range due to everyone is range in this game. Mele class are completely useless and a painful to play with.

1. Not everyone is range in this game.

2. Use a soul with teleports/charges if your to lazy to walk 10m to your opponent yet want to play melee.

3. Don't worry, running is not considered sport if done in a game.

Seriously, whats the problem? You want a melee warrior that doesn't waste time running to foes? Paragon, Champion and Riftblade have charges/teleports. With 11 points in champion you can charge every 10 sec. And yes, you can even play a ranged warrior, whatever floats your boat.

Incase you mean the riftzergs, yes stuff there tends to die mighty fast. But thats not just a problem for melee classes, but also for classes with delayed damage like dots or classes with long casttimes. Warrior with charges would actually do better there than those other souls.

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,473Member Uncommon
    No.

You are going to see builds that faceroll solo PvE without a hit(figuratively) which can solo rare mobs/close major rifts, builds that make a mockery out of PvP and the builds that make group activities(dungeons et al) boring and easy.

That wants to happen when you give complete freedom to the players tho...

(Hint: I hate balanced games because they tend to be overbalanced in reality and therefore quite boring)