Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving It Another Go

SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

One of the things that bothered me the first time through was the chats seemed empty.  There was no one willing to talk or help.  It felt like everyone was single-playing or keeping to guild chat.

I gave EVE another trial shot, but it didn't suit me, again (last try was a few years ago).  So, I'm downloading AoW again.  I want to like this game.

So, I'm seeking any guilds that are out there, willing to take on a lowbie/newbie.  Or, any basic advice on how to enjoy the game more this time through, emphasis on enjoy.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    I would advise you to get into Age Of Wulin beta, gpotato have out classed snailgames usa in all aspects of the game, especially translation.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by AlmightyGod

One of the things that bothered me the first time through was the chats seemed empty.  There was no one willing to talk or help.  It felt like everyone was single-playing or keeping to guild chat.

I gave EVE another trial shot, but it didn't suit me, again (last try was a few years ago).  So, I'm downloading AoW again.  I want to like this game.

So, I'm seeking any guilds that are out there, willing to take on a lowbie/newbie.  Or, any basic advice on how to enjoy the game more this time through, emphasis on enjoy.

Are you a killer? Shinobi will take you. PM me. Tonight would be a good night to join. We have 2 guild wars, and are controling a major school war tonight.

Chat is always very busy, but your school is where you ask questions. Schools are a lot like guilds. What school did you join? I do know that some school chats are busier than other. Some of the smaller schools like begger are kinda slow. Tangmen on the other hand needs to be muted sometimes.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

I'd concur with savage, if you are starting fresh, just wait for Wulin.

When you are eligible for a guild, you can guild search.

I'd suggest pre-screening for primary language.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• trillgodtrillgod Member Posts: 52
    are NA players eligible to join EU server?
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

I will look into Wulin.

Bcbully, thanks.  Looks like my toon was erased or I'm looking on the wrong server or something.  Once I get things sorted, I may look you up.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

Originally posted by bcbully

Are you a killer? Shinobi will take you. PM me. Tonight would be a good night to join. We have 2 guild wars, and are controling a major school war tonight.

Chat is always very busy, but your school is where you ask questions. Schools are a lot like guilds. What school did you join? I do know that some school chats are busier than other. Some of the smaller schools like begger are kinda slow. Tangmen on the other hand needs to be muted sometimes.

What server are you on?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Someone kept starting combat with me and I kept owning them leaving me to harvest my wheat in peace which they came back again and got a butt whooping. I still don't completely understand the game but I only played it for a couple hours and only ever pressed 2 buttons to do some random kung fu thing which built up as I was blocking attacks. It's not a bad game just different to what I was expecting. Good luck if you want to play it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by emperorwings
    Someone kept starting combat with me and I kept owning them leaving me to harvest my wheat in peace which they came back again and got a butt whooping. I still don't completely understand the game but I only played it for a couple hours and only ever pressed 2 buttons to do some random kung fu thing which built up as I was blocking attacks. It's not a bad game just different to what I was expecting. Good luck if you want to play it.

Thanks!  I've been playing a few hours today.  There is a lot of auto-path, click, click, auto-path, fight, auto-path.  My toon is very green, so I'm hoping to explore some of the depth I've heard so much about.  Otherwise, I'm enjoying the music and scenery.  Getting the hang of fighting took a minute, and it's a little awkward, but looks neat. 

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Thanks!  I've been playing a few hours today.  There is a lot of auto-path, click, click, auto-path, fight, auto-path.  My toon is very green, so I'm hoping to explore some of the depth I've heard so much about.  Otherwise, I'm enjoying the music and scenery.  Getting the hang of fighting took a minute, and it's a little awkward, but looks neat. 

Not everyone finds the same level as depth as others will claim.  However, as others have stated I would recommend Wulin instead of Wushu.  Snail USA is a joke and they are grinding the game into the dirt a little bit each day with poor support and basic missteps like not restoring hacked accounts, false bans, accidentally pulling VIP status on players.  Plus their in-game support is comprised of waiting one to two hours for someone to respond to your ticket in the form of a pop-up box in Chinese.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

What server are you on?

BlueDragon

Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    I would advise you to get into Age Of Wulin beta, gpotato have out classed snailgames usa in all aspects of the game, especially translation.

Ok the Jig is up...

Wulin translations are FAR behind Wushu's. It's not even close. The call doctors quacks... lol. You made this statement before you played didnt you ;)

Yeah the first few hours is just that, but you have the right idea. Slow down during that time and immerse yourself in the game world.

Originally posted by rodingo

Not everyone finds the same level as depth as others will claim.  However, as others have stated I would recommend Wulin instead of Wushu.  Snail USA is a joke and they are grinding the game into the dirt a little bit each day with poor support and basic missteps like not restoring hacked accounts, false bans, accidentally pulling VIP status on players.  Plus their in-game support is comprised of waiting one to two hours for someone to respond to your ticket in the form of a pop-up box in Chinese.

I wonder about you sometimes. You exaggerate to the put of not being truthful sometimes. The highlighted is simply not true. No other way to look at it.

The rest is your opinion, and not shared by the majority of players. Most people have never needed CS for anything.

I wonder about you sometimes. You exaggerate to the put of not being truthful sometimes. The highlighted is simply not true. No other way to look at it.

The rest is your opinion, and not shared by the majority of players. Most people have never needed CS for anything.

What you highlighted happened to me in game, no exaggeration and no lie.  Thanks for the accusation though.  It was for a random encounter for an NPC wanting to sell me Step on High Ladder, or whatever it's called.  I had plenty of money both in bound and unbound to buy the skill but it still wouldn't let me buy it.  It was bugged just like a few other random encounter NPCs.  Naturally I put in a ticket and about 1-2 hours later I get a pop box in Chinese. Since my Chinese is a little rusty I decided to put the ticket in again. Another 1-2 hours later the same pop box shows up.  This happened to guildies of mine too.

About my opinion,...yeh you don't know anything about what the majority of players want.  And who is exaggerating here? "Most people have never needed CS for anything"?  So you are going to dismiss all of those people who have had hacked accounts, frozen accounts, pulled VIP status, and those who have encountered bugs?  They never needed CS before?  Jeez dude you are so delusional about AoW and Snail USA to the point that I feel sorry for you.   I recommend you step back and actually read some of the stuff you write. 

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

No, I agree with bcbully on this one - you take things far outside of context when you aren't completely wrong, which you frequently are.

Are you a VIP player?  If not, perhaps you noticed the announcement where Snail was going to prioritize VIPs when it came to in-game chat? 

I don't doubt that people were incorrectly frozen. However, the ones that I know were improperly frozen were quickly unfozen.  Those that say they didn't deserve are probably lying.  Yes, you can find exceptions to that but you can't apply a few points to the whole. 

Also, Gpotato - Webzen...do I really have to say anything else?

Originally posted by Alamareth

No, I agree with bcbully on this one - you take things far outside of context when you aren't completely wrong, which you frequently are.

Are you a VIP player?  If not, perhaps you noticed the announcement where Snail was going to prioritize VIPs when it came to in-game chat? 

I don't doubt that people were incorrectly frozen. However, the ones that I know were improperly frozen were quickly unfozen.  Those that say they didn't deserve are probably lying.  Yes, you can find exceptions to that but you can't apply a few points to the whole. 

Also, Gpotato - Webzen...do I really have to say anything else?

I will need you to point out where I was wrong if you don't mind.  I played AoW too so I don't know what your angle is other than you usually show up when BC and I are having a "discussion".  But since you are here, about Gpotato you are right, you wouldn't have to say anything else.  However after having played AoW, I now say the same thing about Snail USA.

What you highlighted happened to me in game, no exaggeration and no lie.  Thanks for the accusation though.  It was for a random encounter for an NPC wanting to sell me Step on High Ladder, or whatever it's called.  I had plenty of money both in bound and unbound to buy the skill but it still wouldn't let me buy it.  It was bugged just like a few other random encounter NPCs.  Naturally I put in a ticket and about 1-2 hours later I get a pop box in Chinese. Since my Chinese is a little rusty I decided to put the ticket in again. Another 1-2 hours later the same pop box shows up.  This happened to guildies of mine too.

About my opinion,...yeh you don't know anything about what the majority of players want.  And who is exaggerating here? "Most people have never needed CS for anything"?  So you are going to dismiss all of those people who have had hacked accounts, frozen accounts, pulled VIP status, and those who have encountered bugs?  They never needed CS before?  Jeez dude you are so delusional about AoW and Snail USA to the point that I feel sorry for you.   I recommend you step back and actually read some of the stuff you write. 

Ok... let's look at this. 

Your ticket timed out. Your statement "Plus their in-game support is comprised of waiting one to two hours for someone to respond to your ticket in the form of a pop-up box in Chinese." lead me to believe that a GM had responded to your ticket. I a ticket is not handled in a certain amount of time, it times out and a dialog box appears with 3 boxes that have a couple chinese symbols and an area for you to comment. Was your ticket placed on the weekend? 

When I placed a ticket, a GM responded within 2 hours, asked me to send a email, then the next day popped up behind me, when I was sitting on a rock, next to a pond doing calligraphy, and handed me the item. Point being what you said is an exaggeration, and/or based on incomplete information. At best a partial truth.

Next, are you saying that you believe the majority of players have needed CS? Well I guess this is up for debate, it's highly unlikely though. Your statement is most likely an exaggeration. 

I'll be the first to tell anyone, that SnailUsa is no Blizzard. I've even said that at times they make me feel like me and 7 of my friends could host an mmorpg... I would never deny the false freezes, the hacks, and the VIP time thing. The false freezes were unfrozen though, myself in about 32 hours. Some people were hacked, but what mmorpg have you played we're people weren't? Remember 10K+ accounts hack in the first month of GW2? Yeah, some people did lose time off their VIP after a patch, but that was fixed in 24 hours.

Yeah, I probably am over the top in my support for titles I like, most likely lol.  That doesn't change what I said about your exaggerations though, even though that last line was a good little jab and stung a little image

*snip*

Your ticket timed out. Your statement "Plus their in-game support is comprised of waiting one to two hours for someone to respond to your ticket in the form of a pop-up box in Chinese." lead me to believe that a GM had responded to your ticket. I a ticket is not handled in a certain amount of time, it times out and a dialog box appears with 3 boxes that have a couple chinese symbols and an area for you to comment. Was your ticket placed on the weekend? 

Yeah, I probably am over the top in my support for titles I like, most likely lol.  That doesn't change what I said about your exaggerations though, even though that last line was a good little jab and stung a little image

I see now that my ticket timed out.  The box that popped up is exactly how you described and it's possible I put the tickets in during the weekend, but that was like two months ago so I can't say for sure. 

As far as my last line, I won't lie and say it wasn't meant to sting image.  However, I honestly don't harbor any ill will towards you.  I guess I'm jealous that I can't find a game that is in the same light that you see AoW in.  Keep in mind though that I will still post about the negatives I see with Snail USA when they are brought up.

*snip*

I see now that my ticket timed out.  The box that popped up is exactly how you described and it's possible I put the tickets in during the weekend, but that was like two months ago so I can't say for sure. 

As far as my last line, I won't lie and say it wasn't meant to sting image.  However, I honestly don't harbor any ill will towards you.  I guess I'm jealous that I can't find a game that is in the same light that you see AoW in.  Keep in mind though that I will still post about the negatives I see with Snail USA when they are brought up.

As you should image

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I tried to like the game but......

-could not get past the interface

and frankly I'm not player of twitch games

Wow.  This thread has been busy.  Well, I'm on the turtle server, anyways.  As far as gameplay, everything has worked no problem in my first 5-10 hours of playing.  I am hoping some depth opens up, as I think it will.  The interface is definitely old-school; the fighting is a little clunky, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Out of the games I've been trying out, AoWus, UWO, Firefall, and Salem keep calling me back.  I will try out AoWul just out of curiousity when I either get beta or it goes to OB.  The translations don't bother me too much, especially since it has auto-path if things are confusing.

Thanks for the help, guys.