Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

See alot of bashing Wildstar so... Finish this sentence (insert game here) is what I prefer over a w

BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

I'm just curious because to me Wildstar looks promising and like it's going to be a lot of fun, but for all the flack it's getting from a lot of members, I am curious as to what you like.

Real simple - we don't need any explanations just use this format.

I prefer or will prefer to play (insert game here) over Wildstar.

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Literally any game that is not a linear quest hub grinder.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Any game that isn't a terrible quest raid arena generic game is what I prefer over a wildstar type of game.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    The magic fairy game that no one will ever make. Or any game that says sandbox in it up until the point it launches, then back to the magic fairy game because that other one sucked.
  • TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

People that are not thrilled with this game are probably thinking it's WoW with some action combat and a sci-fi face lift and a few new tweaks. Personally i am willing to give it a shot, but if its not that great no big deal for me.  After watching the telegraphs video that shows how complex they are going to get i am hoping that the combat will raise the bar for MMO's and that the path's will be something that catches on with games in general.

• rainmournrainmourn Member UncommonPosts: 38

I'm looking forward to Wildstar more than any other game coming up this year. (TESO was high on the list, too, but that's been pushed to '14.)

The gameplay vids I've seen just make me tingly! It makes me remember when I was enchanted with WoW and, yeah, I'd like that feeling back someday. I subscribe to Rift instead of WoW these days because of CRZ crammed down my RP server's throat, but there was a certain charm to the art style and lightheartedness of it all, and Wildstar just has that utterly fun, not-too-serious, not-too-silly, vibe. But with housing!!

Wwwhhyy won't they send me a beta invite?

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Cartooon sci fi ? It looks like a kids game, not that I don't play games like that, played both Wizard 101 and Pirate 101, but this game tries to be adult with a kiddie look..Not sure who suppose to be it's target player base.

I'd rater play any uppcomming title , than this one.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Tuchaka

People that are not thrilled with this game are probably thinking it's WoW with some action combat and a sci-fi face lift and a few new tweaks. 

People are not required to be thrilled by anything.

I'm lukewarm to Wildstar at the moment because I ahven't have the chance to try it. Will form no strong opinion on that subject until I actually played it.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I'm playing it even if it's just solo because no one else plays it. Still, playing it. Bring on the quest hub grind!!

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I can't finish that sentence, because Wildstar is currently the only MMO on the immediate horizon I have any interest in trying.
  • syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I would play a SOE game before I would play Wildstar.

Wildstar isn't SOE, is it?

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Any game that is:

• Linear quest hubs.
    • Linear character advancement (ie...level based).
    • Gear centric for anything beyond cap level.
    I can deal with a game that wants you to spend time doing raids and getting gear, but gear alone gets boring.  There needs to be more advancement beyond that.  Wildstar appears to be the same mold that WoW is, but with a few tweaks.

Right now, I'm probably going to play FF XIV over Wildstar.  Sure, the combat isn't anything to right home about, and it is somewhat quest based, but the character advancement is intriguing.

Of course, I'm holding out for the big one:  Everquest Next

So there is your real answer, "I'll play Everquest Next over Wildstar"

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890
    Originally posted by Battlerock

I'm just curious because to me Wildstar looks promising and like it's going to be a lot of fun, but for all the flack it's getting from a lot of members, I am curious as to what you like.

Given we're talking about preferences and not an objective judgement goodness, what is the point of asking people what game they do like over this game?  I mean, if someone says they dislike Wildstar because of A, B and C, how does naming another game they like address or negate A, B or C?

Can't you address the A,B,C's of what people have said they don't like about WIldstar without looking for a backdoor counter argument that would be ultimately irrelevant anyway? I was going to ask if you couldn't just ignore it, but obviously...

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Battlerock

I prefer or will prefer to... oh wait i just realized i dont care one iota about wildstar...

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• lasttimelasttime Member Posts: 51
    You see so much bashing because this is familiar territory for most people. Its a theme park game with a couple of gimmicks meant to make it look like some brilliant team got together and went "The mmo market is saturated with crap. Let's do the right thing and make what everyone wants." when in actuality it's the same crap over again.
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

I bet none of the people bitching about quest hubs, linear gameplay, or raiding ect play any of the available sandboxes.

The sandboxes out there need people supporting them, the less who play the more themepark you get.

I swear if everyone on this site who complained about themeparks actually picked up a sandbox and paid to play it for three months that developer would have boatloads of cash to bring the game up to AAA standards that all the high budget themeparks enjoy.

Wont happen though, goal is to trash the game while they play a competing themepark.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wushu...

A game that is not the same old same with a twist,

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by BrownAle

I bet none of the people bitching about quest hubs, linear gameplay, or raiding ect play any of the available sandboxes.

The sandboxes out there need people supporting them, the less who play the more themepark you get.

I swear if everyone on this site who complained about themeparks actually picked up a sandbox and paid to play it for three months that developer would have boatloads of cash to bring the game up to AAA standards that all the high budget themeparks enjoy.

Wont happen though, goal is to trash the game while they play a competing themepark.

If boatloads of people need to spend money for a quality sandbox to be made, that's a flawed system.

Especially since some of the best regarded sandboxy games (UO, EVE, SWG?) are almost a decade old? So previous developers could create sandbox games on a much smaller budget, but today's devs need us to go out and show massive support before we have a final product?

No thanks

Oh and to the OP, FFXIV: ARR and EQN both have much more going for them in terms of my interest than Wildstar atm.

Only time will tell tho

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455

I love how when you receive responses to your asinine, fan boi flame war post, you immediately dismiss them as "wishy washy" (The 40s called, they'd like their slang back....immediately....whippersnapper). The fact of the matter is this game is no different than anything out there right now. As someone else said, they put in two or three "unique" tricks (aka: same crap camouflaged as new crap), and you and the development team both act as though they have reinvented the wheel. They haven't. Say hello to the new boss, same as the old boss.

EQNext will make this game look like the massive joke it appears to be. Have fun with your "subscription gam--wait no, buy to pla----nope, free to play in 6 months" vacation from any real games. The rest of us will wait for something whose hype comes from actually trying something new, not just regurgitating the same tired formula since Blizzard stole EQ and vomited cartoons all over it.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Originally posted by Tuchaka

People that are not thrilled with this game are probably thinking it's WoW with some action combat and a sci-fi face lift and a few new tweaks. 

People are not required to be thrilled by anything.

I'm lukewarm to Wildstar at the moment because I ahven't have the chance to try it. Will form no strong opinion on that subject until I actually played it.

I never mentioned any requirement

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Not a single person gave a specific example (edit:  actually I take that back, there was one specific example).  Shows how jaded people who post here are.  Not sure why you would feel the need to frequent MMORPG forums if clearly you hate MMORPGs.

Just ignore the haters.  They do this with every new MMO, not just Wildstar.  Plenty of people are looking forward to Wildstar.

• DarkVergilDarkVergil Member Posts: 73

Archeage. As of right now archeage is my last hope in the mmorpg genre. If it fails me I'm going to go to destiny or the division when it comes out. 

Either way I'm done with themepark MMO's.

Originally posted by DarkVergil

Archeage. As of right now archeage is my last hope in the mmorpg genre. If it fails me I'm going to go to destiny or the division when it comes out. 

I'd hate to tell you this, but Archeage is a themepark/sandbox hybrid just like Wildstar is.  Also Destiny and the Division are going to be pure themeparks.

Originally posted by AIMonster

I'd hate to tell you this, but Archeage is a themepark/sandbox hybrid just like Wildstar is.  Also Destiny and the Division are going to be pure themeparks.

Bro I've seen plenty of footage from archeage and Wildstar to know that they are almost completely different. The only thing that I can compare to them are the questing system which the developers said is only a small fraction of the ways to level (farming, pirating,etc..) Wildstar just looks like WoW with houses to me atm.

And Destiny and Division are nothing like themepark MMO's. No clue how you got that idea but it's completely false considering they aren't even mmo's to begin with. 

Bro I've seen plenty of footage from archeage and Wildstar to know that they are almost completely different. The only thing that I can compare to them are the questing system which the developers said is only a small fraction of the ways to level (farming, pirating,etc..) Wildstar just looks like WoW with houses to me atm.

And Destiny and Division are nothing like themepark MMO's. No clue how you got that idea but it's completely false considering they aren't even mmo's to begin with. 

How are they not MMOs?  Both have persistent worlds that can house massive amounts of players playing at once.  How are they not themepark?  They have very little (if any) sandbox elements from what is known about them so far, Destiny especially looks to be a very on-rails experience.

How are they not MMOs?  Both have persistent worlds that can house massive amounts of players playing at once.  How are they not themepark?  They have very little (if any) sandbox elements from what is known about them so far, Destiny especially looks to be a very on-rails experience.

"Bungie and Activision however have made it clear that Destiny will be not be an MMO, and the online requirement's main purpose isn't as a digital rights management (DRM) measurement. Here, gamers and laymen, is where Destiny gets interesting and provides us a glimpse at one of the many possibilities of the future of gaming. The most surprising part of it is that my fascination with the game has nothing to do with the storyline.

The first thing about Destiny that is worthy of interest is that the world will be “alive,” which is to say that events will happen in-game that aren't necessarily controlled or planned by the developer. Just as an idea alone this is something that should make any gamer drool since few things in gaming are ever truly random or beyond the developer's planning."

Also it won't be a "Themepark" because there won't be any "Kill 10" or "Retrieve 10" as stated by the developers. Everything happens for a reason and if you miss a giant event that takes place (Raiders destroying a town) then you just miss it. Basicly how guild wars 2 dynamic events work but much more "Dynamic"

This discussion has been closed.