Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: MMORPG.com's E3 2013 Awards

123457»

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    EQNext was best in show because the other titles were Best in Show 2005 just re-skinned.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I'm enjoying how Bill's words are being parsed like a legal contract, or a House bill.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Will EQNext be the fabled wow killer that people have forecast for every major game launch since.......well wow lol.
  • casperinmdcasperinmd Member UncommonPosts: 10
    *edit*

Well tried to reply to @SavageHorizon';s comment:

No matter what people say about SOE they make some great games, yes they make mistakes but so do other devs. Just look at EQ and how it's still running today and multiple expansions.

Show me a dev company that can even come close to that, none.

And that's not even mentioning EQ2.

Hopefully they will be at GamesCom and i can get to play a demo of EQN.

Well said, I agree there.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    So...if TESO is the most anticipated why the hell is everyone talking about EQN?!? heh...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Like I wasn't hyped for EQN before... Bring me august NOW!!!!
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    So...if TESO is the most anticipated why the hell is everyone talking about EQN?!? heh...

TESO went from great potential to guaranteed failure because of the same failed trappings that's plagued the last 7 years of the MMO genre.  When Matt Firor came right out and said this was an Elder Scrolls game first and an MMO second.  That basically means the game isn't going to have the proper tools to insure longevity.  My opinion of course but the game is firmly off my radar. 

Every day I read about EQN, is one more day believing this might finally be the game to break the mold and create a living, breathing world something that hasn't been done since the early days of the genre with the "Big 3". 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by ignore_me
    EQNext was best in show because the other titles were Best in Show 2005 just re-skinned.

Nice one. Sad but true too.

• Warmage38Warmage38 Member Posts: 21
    Same  kind of crap different wrapper
  • MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331

What an appalling list. :(

• JamkullJamkull Member UncommonPosts: 214

So far The elder scrolls is very promising as I'd expect. although what they describe sounds an awful lot like Guild Wars 2.  I really like playing GW2.  So I'm looking forward to trying out TES Online.

EQN - not much information on what they doing, a lot of fluff on their main website.  A whole lot of hype?  Until we see some video gameplay I'm not sure what to really think of this one.  I know a lot of ideas in the past that didn't come to fruition.  

Archeage sounds okay, but seems more catered to casual/social players more-so than anything, although it has PVP as the end game.  because the PVP elements seem to lack in overall "rewards". Just getting resources from players from killing them is going to get old real quick.  There needs to be some reason to really fight.  So far they have a lot of work to do in this area, before it becomes something worthwhile to play. It doesn't seem that you lose items that get destroyed in combat, it just despawns? I see a lot of potential for exploits there, they need to change that. Lots of potential will watch this one closely. 

• XerathuleXerathule Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I find it ridiculous that we can't even get a good screenshot or a video of EQN!  What is so important about needing to cover everything up?  I guess they are nowhere near release then or it is just going to be another flop, they just don't want you to know about it yet!

• EQOAnostalgiaEQOAnostalgia Member UncommonPosts: 12

Can't wait!!!!  It's going to be epic! Everyone just needs to calm down a little bit on here! Raging because they prevented leaks isn't going to get you any info any sooner. We are at the time of me typing this ONE DAY away from EQNext reveal. 

Also have some faith dudes! I know we have been let down in the past but i have a feeling this is going to blow everyones mind when it gets revealed! Finally a completly wide open seamless EverQuest. EQOA did it back in 2003 on PS2 but console mmo's were very very new.

I am hoping this makes it to PS4 and am pretty sure it will. I don't think it will be limited either!

• FistyMayhemFistyMayhem Member UncommonPosts: 61

I think we can now safely assume mmorpg was not payed off to give EQN best in show..

Sign my ass up!

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Originally posted by FistyMayhem

I think we can now safely assume mmorpg was not payed off to give EQN best in show..

Sign my ass up!

My feeling tends towards the opposite, unless they saw a lot more than we did the past 3 days. I am not impressed at all with it. While I think some of the features are nice and the graphics good, others than too much on the cartoon side, there really isn't much about this game.  Mostly gw2 play style, anyone can do anything, couple abilities per class and weapons. Trash mob that seem to die from shock just seeing you. All look way too casual for my taste.

What was implied seemed to indicate something more than what we have got the last 10 years, but so far I didn't see much that really make me want to play this long term.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Azoth

Sign my ass up!

My feeling tends towards the opposite, unless they saw a lot more than we did the past 3 days. I am not impressed at all with it. While I think some of the features are nice and the graphics good, others than too much on the cartoon side, there really isn't much about this game.  Mostly gw2 play style, anyone can do anything, couple abilities per class and weapons. Trash mob that seem to die from shock just seeing you. All look way too casual for my taste.

What was implied seemed to indicate something more than what we have got the last 10 years, but so far I didn't see much that really make me want to play this long term.

Yeah - it takes massive balls to give an award to something the public never even gets to see, over games that are right there, developed and almost ready to launch.

EQN is full of mere ideas and potential - that's enough to pull ahead of something like FFXIV:ARR? Uhhuh MMORPG.com, I'm sure it is.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • QuillimQuillim Member UncommonPosts: 83

Sign my ass up!

As much as i'm anticipating EQ Next, its a game thats probably at least 12 months out, if not longer, and essentially in an Alpha State. EQ Next Landmark is close to Beta and the public will go hands on this year, but that's not what they gave Best in Show. BiS should be for games that are finished, or are close to finished and will be made available this year.. not something in the middle stages of development that lacks key components like the classes and races. Its like they gave a new Ferrari BiS yet it was missing things like brakes, windows, the electrical system, and tires.

O hey.. but the engine was pretty much done!

And if you think mmorpg.com won't be a key component of the SoE marketing plan once the  game IS ready, you don't know how business works :>.