Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible point of worry

2»

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    I easily leveled two class to 10-11 in the same zone Gridania without dungeons or leves. Just quests and hunting log. Leveling a third I used hunting log plus leves and it was still super easy.
  • redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220

Actually, if you paid attention, the level 15 story mission points you to a dungeon in La Noscea, and they even suggest you take the ferry from Limsa Lominsa Ferry Docks that takes you to Aleport and (if I remember correctly) there is a bunch of quests there. Seemed like they were pointing you to ther questing areas.

Also keep in mind that the patch notes explicitly state that subquests are only implemented up to level 20. SO there will be plenty of subquest, don't you worry. :)

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by redcloud16

Actually, if you paid attention, the level 15 story mission points you to a dungeon in La Noscea, and they even suggest you take the ferry from Limsa Lominsa Ferry Docks that takes you to Aleport and (if I remember correctly) there is a bunch of quests there. Seemed like they were pointing you to ther questing areas.

Also keep in mind that the patch notes explicitly state that subquests are only implemented up to level 20. SO there will be plenty of subquest, don't you worry. :)

Did all those quests already, Ive been to every area in the game I could get to, even the areas vastly higher level than me in my search for more quests. There weren't any. Im just pointing a point of worry because lack of quests after 15 if released that way will turn a lot of players off. But Ive heard the same arguments that were being put out in 1.0 about why we dont need them. We saw where that went with 1.0. History might be repeating itself, I hope not.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Originally posted by thyraven
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    After phase 3 test 2 Ive finished the main story  (relaeased that is to lvl 20) and all quests. Ive noticed two things that worry me. One is that the large number of general quests you have to start, vanish at level 15. No more anywhere. This concerns me as it can be a drag grinding out the same levequests/fates for your level/region, I'd rather have quests. Second is all three cities/starter zones have exactly the same quests up to level 15, literal cut and paste. This also worries me as its too late in production to be a placeholder and will really kill replayability.

Don't need quests second time around, leves are quests, dungeons give loads of xp, hunters log is avaialble and needs completing for every class, you havnt finished the main story as it hasnt been implemented any further until release of game. same with class quests.

You have done nothing but whine about ARR why you bother playing, if you don't like it then find something else to play.  Yoshida has already said there is no MMO that will please everyone and doesnt expect everyone to enjoy it.

Due you realize Im trying to keep it from failing like before. Im not talking main quests. Dungeons take an hour plus to get formed up, arent that interesting either. And Im pretty sure no one wants to grind dungeons from 15-50. Leves are the same few quests and get boring quick. Same with FATES, seems like its always the same fates and also get droll. Im talking about bread and butter questing, there is not enough of it, and I worry 2.o will be another grindfest.

There is no way you can keep this from failing like before. This is 1.0, just with a new engine and some tuning. The same players who played 1.0 will like 2.0, and the same players that thought 1.0 was shit, will think 2.0 is shit after they have tried it again. Thats what i think at least. I want to like it, i really do, but its the same shit as 1.0 all over.

I played 1.0 and found it to be crappy.... I love ARR and can't get enough of it as do quite a few other people I know...

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Originally posted by thyraven
    After phase 3 test 2 Ive finished the main story  (relaeased that is to lvl 20) and all quests. Ive noticed two things that worry me. One is that the large number of general quests you have to start, vanish at level 15. No more anywhere. This concerns me as it can be a drag grinding out the same levequests/fates for your level/region, I'd rather have quests. Second is all three cities/starter zones have exactly the same quests up to level 15, literal cut and paste. This also worries me as its too late in production to be a placeholder and will really kill replayability.

Don't need quests second time around, leves are quests, dungeons give loads of xp, hunters log is avaialble and needs completing for every class, you havnt finished the main story as it hasnt been implemented any further until release of game. same with class quests.

You have done nothing but whine about ARR why you bother playing, if you don't like it then find something else to play.  Yoshida has already said there is no MMO that will please everyone and doesnt expect everyone to enjoy it.

Due you realize Im trying to keep it from failing like before. Im not talking main quests. Dungeons take an hour plus to get formed up, arent that interesting either. And Im pretty sure no one wants to grind dungeons from 15-50. Leves are the same few quests and get boring quick. Same with FATES, seems like its always the same fates and also get droll. Im talking about bread and butter questing, there is not enough of it, and I worry 2.o will be another grindfest.

There is no way you can keep this from failing like before. This is 1.0, just with a new engine and some tuning. The same players who played 1.0 will like 2.0, and the same players that thought 1.0 was shit, will think 2.0 is shit after they have tried it again. Thats what i think at least. I want to like it, i really do, but its the same shit as 1.0 all over.

That's odd I played the 1.0 beta and thought it was shit but I am really enjoying the game this time around.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Originally posted by redcloud16

Did all those quests already, Ive been to every area in the game I could get to, even the areas vastly higher level than me in my search for more quests. There weren't any. Im just pointing a point of worry because lack of quests after 15 if released that way will turn a lot of players off. But Ive heard the same arguments that were being put out in 1.0 about why we dont need them. We saw where that went with 1.0. History might be repeating itself, I hope not.

*Runs headfirst into a wall* You clearly do not listen to people Quests drop off around the 15 - 20 mark there was a level cap of 35 atm and the game will not release with these limitations. They limited it in beta so that people don't take all the weekends and diff phases and completely go through the content and reveal everything (cuz some people would play through everything rapid pace if they can) They want to test certain parts of the content out too. There is maybe at best atm 1/3 of the content available if that.

What is so hard to grasp there. The stuff you are worrying about is only a concern because you don't listen to other people or read things that tell you THE CONTENT IN THE BETA IS LIMITED ON PURPOSE the quests will pick up when the game is launched and heck even some areas atm just have leves possible but they clearly have quest hubs. You really are either trolling or just being obtusely pig headed for no real reason.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I felt like my second class leveled up faster from alternating between hunting logs and leves and some fates if i run into them.  And group leves gave a lot of experience points.  If you only intend to use every other class for its additional actions for your main than its not like you have to level them up to max level especially if you intend on being one of the jobs which can only use skills from 2 classes and its main class levels up with your job.
  • Attend4455Attend4455 Member Posts: 161

Highlighted the relevant bit, but I can't believe you think "kill 10 rats" is better.

Dungeons take an hour to form up? Not in my experience.

Disclaimer: I usually level up using group content as I find that the single player content in an MMO is too easy, plus I prefer to play with other people than play solo. YMMV.

I sometimes make spelling and grammar errors but I don't pretend it's because I'm using a phone

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    OP you really like being told what to do??  That is basically all that quests are, an NPC telling you what to do...no thanks.
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    They've also said they want to continue adding quests after release.  So while for early adapters the quests may seem lower than most games over time FFXIV will probably grow closer to other games to help newer players catch up.